Previous topic - Next topic

Do we need a wrestling board

Yes
4 (50%)
No
4 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 0

hogfan064

If you don't like wrestling that's fine, but it would keep us from posting wrestling info in the Tavern and we would have our own seperate place for it.  There are many wrestling fans on here.  We could have updates on WWE, TNA, local indies, and even college wrestling.  Why not.  I think it would be just as popular as The Gym. 

karma26

no, we don't need a forum for every interest. that's why it's a tavern. talk about what you want. we could have a gaming forum, music forum, old men playing softball forum but we don't. talk about wrestling in here if you want. i don't care. i just won't click on the link.    :)

Doug

After what I went through on Sunday with my (now former) favorite wrestling news site, I'm looking for a new one.  I don't read often, but when I do, I don't like being forced to download spyware/scumware.  It took me almost five hours to get rid of that crap.  Let me poke hSv about this...
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

maniax22bolts20

Quote from: karma27 on May 30, 2006, 09:25:39 am
no, we don't need a forum for every interest. that's why it's a tavern. talk about what you want. we could have a gaming forum, music forum, old men playing softball forum but we don't. talk about wrestling in here if you want. i don't care. i just won't click on the link.    :)

too late our friend. you already did. I am good with The Tavern but will participate in a forum while I still can and then after I recover.

Rooka

Yes we need a forum just for wrestling.
If we have a forum for gaming, cooking, golfing, working out, we even have a forum where you go to let out our frustrations.  I mean come on, if we have this then you know their would be no probably with a wrestling board.  Plus, If we had a wrestling board, I would bet anything that it would get more posts than a place you go to let out frustrations, I mean geez.................COME ON!

karma26

Quote from: maniax22bolts20 on May 30, 2006, 09:29:47 am
Quote from: karma27 on May 30, 2006, 09:25:39 am

too late our friend. you already did. I am good with The Tavern but will participate in a forum while I still can and then after I recover.

:P

Doug

I'm going to be the mod for this so none of the mods will have to revolt.

And yes, I twisted hSv's arm for this.  :D
--Doug

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Rooka

Quote from: Douglas on May 30, 2006, 09:58:14 am
I'm going to be the mod for this so none of the mods will have to revolt.

And yes, I twisted hSv's arm for this.  :D

Hey Douglas, if you are looking for a good wrestling website, you won't even need a website anymore if we had a wrestling board.  Everyone could share rumors, news, and spoilers.  You would get all the info you need.  The wrestling board is a must!

Doug

Quote from: Death by Hog on May 30, 2006, 10:01:16 amHey Douglas, if you are looking for a good wrestling website, you won't even need a website anymore if we had a wrestling board.  Everyone could share rumors, news, and spoilers.  You would get all the info you need.  The wrestling board is a must!
Hate to break it to ya, Einstein... but we had it when I posted my last reply.  :D
--Doug

Rooka

hogfan064

Hey shouldn't I get some Karma for putting the poll out there and getting some movement on this issue of a wrestling board?

This board is the board that Hogfan064 built!!!

Of course some might wanna kill me for having it created

secthumper

....Douglas....+1 to you and thank you....
"It is only through adversity that we can test the strength of our soul."<br /><br />"What we've got here is failure to communicate." Strother Martin  Cool Hand Luke<br /><br />Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic of men.  General George S. Patton, Jr.<br /><br />'When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."  Tuco  The Good the Bad and the Ugly<br /><br />"There ain't much of a future in dyin' boy!!"  Outlaw Josey Wales  3rd Place 2005-2006  Hogville Basketball Pickem Champion

hydrophonic

Quote from: Douglas on May 30, 2006, 09:26:47 am
After what I went through on Sunday with my (now former) favorite wrestling news site, I'm looking for a new one.

Which one were you reading?

Quote from: hogfan064 on May 30, 2006, 11:39:36 am
Hey shouldn't I get some Karma for putting the poll out there and getting some movement on this issue of a wrestling board?

You just did.  +1
"The future sucks." "Change it."

Rooka

secthumper

Quote from: hogfan064 on May 30, 2006, 11:39:36 am

This board is the board that Hogfan064 built!!!

Of course some might wanna kill me for having it created

+1 karma to you also hogfan064

this should be some interesting stuff....

I go all the way back to Championship Wrestling on Channel 11 in Little Rock

hosted by one Mr. Danny Williams!!
"It is only through adversity that we can test the strength of our soul."<br /><br />"What we've got here is failure to communicate." Strother Martin  Cool Hand Luke<br /><br />Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic of men.  General George S. Patton, Jr.<br /><br />'When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."  Tuco  The Good the Bad and the Ugly<br /><br />"There ain't much of a future in dyin' boy!!"  Outlaw Josey Wales  3rd Place 2005-2006  Hogville Basketball Pickem Champion

hydrophonic

The first show I watched on a regular basis was Mid South (Bill Watts) which I think was on channel 4 in Little Rock.  I remember when they got a new announcer, some kid from Oklahoma named Jim Ross.

Rooka

Quote from: hydrophonic on May 30, 2006, 12:18:46 pm
The first show I watched on a regular basis was Mid South (Bill Watts) which I think was on channel 4 in Little Rock.  I remember when they got a new announcer, some kid from Oklahoma named Jim Ross.
Really?, never heard of him.  ;)

hydrophonic

It took me a while to remember his name.  I don't think he had much of a career after Mid South.

Doug

hydro, TWNP News.  DO NOT VISIT THERE.  You will get DELUGED with scum/spam/spyware, and if it took ME a while (keep in mind that I am extremely tech savvy) to get rid of the spyware, it's gonna take a non tech person a big bite in the wallet to get rid of it.  If this had been someone that brought their computer to me, I would have charged no less than $175 to fix it.
--Doug

hydrophonic

Doug

Once, and won't visit again.  I don't think any of y'all understand how much I hate pop ups, forced advertising, etc.
--Doug

Rooka

Quote from: Douglas on May 30, 2006, 01:46:31 pm
Once, and won't visit again.  I don't think any of y'all understand how much I hate pop ups, forced advertising, etc.

These days that is all you get if you go anywhere,  :-\

Doug

Unless you happen to be the webmaster or tech admin for a site.  And since I very rarely visit sites I have no direct control over... I avoid most of that crap.  :)
--Doug