Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

rasslin fans..

Started by Hollywood_HOGan, May 08, 2006, 10:31:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hollywood_HOGan

the wwe has gotten so bad that they've had cheerleaders in the main event for two weeks in a row.

Only thing good about tonights show was the Cactus Jack, Edge, and Tommy Dreamer hardcore match.

Good thing they ended with triple H doing the Dx sign in Cena's face or the ending would have totally sucked.

Raw needs the Rock.

Mr. Hogback075

they still show wrestling on tv?

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

people still watch it?
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink.  When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."  -Frank Sinatra

RBLtoHOG

Is DX back? The few times ive watched it, HHH and HBK have both given the sign
In any fight, life or football, its the guy who is willing to die who will win that inch. If I'm gonna have any life anymore its because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch....because, that's what living is!

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

I heard it has gotten so bad they are actually fixing the matches...
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

fordyce boy

Wrestling hasn't been the same since Austin and Goldberg left, but I still watch it. Good wholesome entertainment.  8)

Lando Calrissian

Wrestling is fake.

Oh wait, so is everything else on tv.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

maniax22bolts20

I prefer less skits and more wrestling. Have any of you seen this latest giant Great Kahli on Smackdown ? He's listed at 7'3 420 but  he looks to be more like 7'5 or 6. Huge and with a face that would give Abdullah The Butcher himself intestinal failure on sight. I believe he was an inmate in The Longest Yard remake.

The female division seems pretty varied and competitive.

fordyce boy

Quote from: maniax22bolts20 on May 08, 2006, 11:54:36 pm
I prefer less skits and more wrestling. Have any of you seen this latest giant Great Kahli on Smackdown ? He's listed at 7'3 420 but  he looks to be more like 7'5 or 6. Huge and with a face that would give Abdullah The Butcher himself intestinal failure on sight. I believe he was an inmate in The Longest Yard remake.

The female division seems pretty varied and competitive. He was in The Longest Yard. The man's a beast!!!

RBLtoHOG

Quote from: maniax22bolts20 on May 08, 2006, 11:54:36 pm

The female division seems pretty varied and competitive.

he was in the longest yard.... along with stone cold, kevin nash (also in the punisher and i didnt believe it was him til i saw the credits), goldberg, and a few others if im not mistakin
In any fight, life or football, its the guy who is willing to die who will win that inch. If I'm gonna have any life anymore its because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch....because, that's what living is!

WichitaStateRazorback

I am and forever will be a HULKAMANIAC.

hogfan064

I actually think wrestling is this best its been in about 3 years on Raw

-Foley's heel turn last night will be awesome.  Foley can cut a promo better than anyone and his heel characters really work

-HHH and HBK bringing back DX should be exciting.  It hasn't happened yet, but the buildup will be interesting

-RVD is finally getting his shot at a WWE title and is going to be a strong player in the return of ECW.  Joey Styles promo last week was great

-Micky James is probably the most entertaining women's champ in years.  Her and Trish have a great program going

-Cena is a very hated face champ, maybe the first of his kind.  If they keep the belt on him as a face it will anger the audience so much that he'll actually become a great heel

Smackdown is a joke though.  I refuse to watch any show that has a dwarf as its champ.  To bad they waste talent like Angle and Benoit on that show

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: hogfan064 on May 09, 2006, 07:27:18 am

-Foley's heel turn last night will be awesome.  Foley can cut a promo better than anyone and his heel characters really work

-HHH and HBK bringing back DX should be exciting.  It hasn't happened yet, but the buildup will be interesting

-RVD is finally getting his shot at a WWE title and is going to be a strong player in the return of ECW.  Joey Styles promo last week was great

-Micky James is probably the most entertaining women's champ in years.  Her and Trish have a great program going

-Cena is a very hated face champ, maybe the first of his kind.  If they keep the belt on him as a face it will anger the audience so much that he'll actually become a great heel

Smackdown is a joke though.  I refuse to watch any show that has a dwarf as its champ.  To bad they waste talent like Angle and Benoit on that show

Yeah I don't really watch the SD show that much either.

Mysterio is okay but should not be THE main guy in the business.
He is and always will be a luchadore.

hogfan064

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on May 09, 2006, 08:50:58 am

Yeah I don't really watch the SD show that much either.

Mysterio is okay but should not be THE main guy in the business.
He is and always will be a luchadore.

I saw a promo last night where on Smackdown he is going to fight Giant Singh.  Now come on.  The man is 2 feet taller than Rey and about 300 pounds heavier.  That just won't look right. 

dman

Is Stacie K. back in the ring yet?

RBLtoHOG

what time/ch. does raw come on? and is it still monday night?

hogfan064

No Stacie isn't back in the WWE and Raw is on Monday 9-11 ET on USA

Tater Salad

i've been meaning to ask you rasslin' fans...whats up with this match of Vince Mcmahon vs. God? Have they completely run out of ideas?

noprayerfornutt

It would be cool to see Abdullah the Butcher carve up a few of their faces,

;D

hogfan064

Quote from: Tata Instagata on May 09, 2006, 03:52:08 pm
i've been meaning to ask you rasslin' fans...whats up with this match of Vince Mcmahon vs. God? Have they completely run out of ideas?

I think Vince was trying to get some publicity from the Christian media, but it failed.  I think people have gotten use to Vince's antics over the years.  And it takes alot to shock people now days.  South Park and other shows have done this for years

secthumper

Quote from: noprayerfornutt on May 09, 2006, 04:32:31 pm

;D

....When Abdullah had the big feud going on with Bruiser Brody(aka Frank Goodish) before Brody was murdered in Puerto Rico, watching WCCW late on Sat. night was an event unmatched since that time!

We used to play poker every Sat. night and then run out and get some pizza and wings with the cold brew, awaiting World Class at 10:00 p.m.

With the likes of the Freebirds, the Von Erichs, and Akbar with Devastation Inc., WCCW didn't take a backseat to anyone!

Damn, I really do miss those times!!!!!
"It is only through adversity that we can test the strength of our soul."<br /><br />"What we've got here is failure to communicate." Strother Martin  Cool Hand Luke<br /><br />Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic of men.  General George S. Patton, Jr.<br /><br />'When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."  Tuco  The Good the Bad and the Ugly<br /><br />"There ain't much of a future in dyin' boy!!"  Outlaw Josey Wales  3rd Place 2005-2006  Hogville Basketball Pickem Champion

bigyellowdog

Quote from: secthumper on May 10, 2006, 08:24:48 am
Quote from: noprayerfornutt on May 09, 2006, 04:32:31 pm

;D

....When Abdullah had the big feud going on with Bruiser Brody(aka Frank Goodish) before Brody was murdered in Puerto Rico, watching WCCW late on Sat. night was an event unmatched since that time!

We used to play poker every Sat. night and then run out and get some pizza and wings with the cold brew, awaiting World Class at 10:00 p.m.

With the likes of the Freebirds, the Von Erichs, and Akbar with Devastation Inc., WCCW didn't take a backseat to anyone!

Damn, I really do miss those times!!!!!

Those were great days for wrestling.  Now they have more T & A than anything since WWF/E has taken over.  Even though T & A is great, it brings back a memory of around 1985 when Dark Journey tried to interfere between Dick Slater and Jake Roberts.  Jake the Snake DDT'd her ass--one of the greatest rasslin' moments ever.

CharlieHog

woopty

I actually watched Impact last week...it was alright. Christian vs. Alex Shelley was great.

hogsta

I'm waiting for the "Nacho Libre" movie starring Jack Black.

That alone will increase wrestling viewership a couple of points.