Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mania card..

Started by hellrazor, February 05, 2006, 09:26:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hellrazor

February 05, 2006, 09:26:44 pm Last Edit: February 05, 2006, 09:29:37 pm by hellrazor
(WWE) John Cena v. Triple H
(WHC) Kurt Angle v. Randy Orton
(ICC) Ric Flair v. Shelton Benjamin
Undertaker v. Mark Henry
Vince Macmahon v. Shawn Michaels
Hulk Hogan v.  ?not sure? (probably Stone Cold)
JBL v. Bobby Lashely
Carlito v. Chris Masters
Trish Stratus v. Mickey James

That's what I am predicting now. Of Course, I left out the Tag titles and the USA titles because I'm just not sure what I think WWE creative is doing with them right now.
What do you all think?
raze<br />1 a archaic : ERASE b : to scrape, cut, or shave off<br />2 : to destroy to the ground : DEMOLISH

clemensrules01

i dont really watch anymore. i dont like many of the current superstars. that would be cool if stone cold came back. shawn michaels vs. macmahon? someone will interfere.

hellrazor

February 05, 2006, 09:33:43 pm #2 Last Edit: February 05, 2006, 09:37:04 pm by hellrazor
Quote from: clemensrules01 on February 05, 2006, 09:28:52 pm
i dont really watch anymore. i dont like many of the current superstars. that would be cool if stone cold came back. shawn michaels vs. macmahon? someone will interfere.

They wanted Bret Hart to interfere, but he declined. He will be vacationing with his wife in Italy at the time of Mania. Shane will probably interfere.
I also looked into Shaq v. Carlito at Mania, but the Heat have a road game on April 2.
I, also, have my predictions as to who will win, but I didn't really want to post them.

What are some other predictions?
raze<br />1 a archaic : ERASE b : to scrape, cut, or shave off<br />2 : to destroy to the ground : DEMOLISH

pioneerhog

I look for Shelton to win if that match happens. I don't watch Smackdown to much but I thought at the Rumble that Undertaker came out on Angle so I figured that would be the title match and I think if and when Taker wins the title it will not be long and he will retire.

dmhog v2.0

(WWE) John Cena v. Triple H
Triple H wins. As m uch as I hate him, I can't wait for him to take the title from that douchebag Cena.

(WHC) Kurt Angle v. Randy Orton
Randy Orton wins.

(ICC) Ric Flair v. Shelton Benjamin
Benjamin wins.

Undertaker v. Mark Henry
Do I really need to say?

McMahon wins due to interference from Shane. Unless there is some sort of "You're Fired!" stipulation.

Hulk Hogan v.  ?not sure? (probably Stone Cold)
Neither Hogan nor Austin will be wrestling.

JBL v. Bobby Lashely
Who cares? But probably Lashley.

Carlito v. Chris Masters
I like them both. But, Carlito doesn't need this win. He can generate heat doing anything. Masters needs this win and will get it.

Trish Stratus v. Mickey James
Mickey James, but again, who really cares?

hellrazor

February 06, 2006, 10:24:35 pm #5 Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 10:27:25 pm by hellrazor
Quote from: pioneerhog on February 05, 2006, 11:11:49 pm
I thought at the Rumble that Undertaker came out on Angle so I figured that would be the title match and I think if and when Taker wins the title it will not be long and he will retire.

Taker v. Kurt at No Way Out.
But now that you mention it, I could see Taker v. Orton at Mania.
They've had a feud since before Mania last year.
Orton will be like "This time it counts."
....Maybe... If so, Orton will win. 
And then Taker will retire. He recently had a child and has been taking a lot of time off to be with his daughter. Mark Calaway is his name. He is undefeated at Mania. Maybe Orton "the Legend Killer" will finally end his Mania career at 13-1...  maybe

Quote from: dmhog v2.0 on February 05, 2006, 11:47:46 pm
McMahon wins due to interference from Shane. Unless there is some sort of "You're Fired!" stipulation.

You know what would be cool?   Triple H interferes.
that would be cool.. but I doubt it.

and now,  adding to my other predictions,
Given the results of tonight's Raw, Mick Foley is back.
I see him in a match with Edge at Mania.

hydrophonic

You're right.  If HHH interfered in the HBK match it WOULD be cool.  I've been hoping they'd get the family together for a 5 or 6 month run.  Vince, Shane, Stephanie, Trips...  How great would that be?

I'd really rather see Shave v HBK.

As for the Tag Titles, this is what I'd like to see:

World Tag Champs v WWE Tag Champs in a title unification match.  Then, SmackDown! becomes the home of the tag division.  WWE has neglected tag wrestling for FAR too long.
"The future sucks." "Change it."

GorillaJMonsoon

I predict that the choreography will be excellent.

hoggiefan

I read somewhere today, that Candice Michelle told Jay Leno last night she was going to in the Women's championship @ mania.  I hope its not true. 

hellrazor

Quote from: GorillaJMonsoon on February 07, 2006, 10:27:18 am
I predict that the choreography will be excellent.

wrestling isn't choreographed.  Do you really think those guys can remember all those steps?

hellrazor

Quote from: hoggiefan on February 07, 2006, 12:52:09 pm
I read somewhere today, that Candice Michelle told Jay Leno last night she was going to in the Women's championship @ mania.  I hope its not true. 

Me too...   she sucks...  she does good for the company. All the divas do. They help advertise for the WWE.   But she sucks as a wrestler.

hydrophonic

Quote from: hellrazor on February 05, 2006, 09:33:43 pmThey wanted Bret Hart to interfere, but he declined. He will be vacationing with his wife in Italy at the time of Mania.

This may have changed:
QuoteIt's official folks, Bret Hart will be at WrestleMania 22.
http://www.wrestleview.com/news2005/1139887060.shtml

hellrazor

yeah, I heard that too.
I suppose it's possible now. He's only agreed to be inducted, on Apr 1st, the day before Mania. He has not agreed to a Mania appearance. He's also agreed not to receive a fee for his appearance.
Before now, I would have said "Never," but now, it's entirely possible.
Bret Hart at Wrestlemania 22...

hydrophonic

I shouldn't get my hopes up, but...

I'd LOVE to see Bret run interference to benefit Vince.  Maybe he could put HBK in the Sharp Shooter or something.  How long do you think it would take for the announcers to use the term "unholy alliance"?

hellrazor

that'd be cool to set up another Hart/KBK fued. Those guys truly worked well together. It was probably because Hart was truly disgusted by HBK, but still.

Brett Hitman Hog

It would be the greatest day in my wrestling fandom if The Hitman came back.  I know it can't happen because of his medical conditions, but still. 

I would come unglued if that happened. 

I guess I'll have to rent WM now.

hydrophonic

Another report I saw said not to expect Bret Hart to appear at WM.  The Hall of Fame ceremony is the day before.  We'll see how it all works out.

hydrophonic

I'm starting to think Cena will retain the title.  Trips calling it a "foregone conclusion" probably means that Cena wins at Mania but drops the belt at the next PPV.  I still think they need to do a double turn.  Cena gets booed too much to be a face and HHH gets cheered too much to be a heel.  When is Cena supposed to start filming that movie?

Orton is getting a lot of TV time, I wonder if that means anything.  I'd really like to see Angle keep the belt because I still don't think Orton is ready to carry one of the top titles.  While I'm glad the winner of the Rumble has a title shot at Mania I don't think Rey should ever sniff the Worlds Heavyweight Championship.  I might feel differently about the WWE Title.

I'm hoping they really pull a swerve on us with Mickie and Trish.  I'd like to see Trish turn heel at Saturday Night's Main Event.  I'm not going to hold my breath though.

I'm looking forward to Benoit v JBL.  Should be a good old fashioned slobber knocker.

I doubt Shelton Benjamin wins the Money In The Bank Ladder Match but I could see RVD or Flair winning it.  When is SmackDown! going to name their guys, tomorrow night?

bigred1

Damn I wish they would bring back the nWo
That was a great storyline.
http://www.tpww.net/themes/WWE%20-%20nWo%20(tpww.net).mp3

Buff

Quote from: usarmyhogfan on February 15, 2006, 07:30:37 am
WWE) John Cena v. Triple H---Cena

(WHC) Kurt Angle v. Randy Orton----Angle

(ICC) Ric Flair v. Shelton Benjamin---Flair

Undertaker v. Mark Henry---Taker...He will NEVER lose at WM

Vince Macmahon v. Shawn Michaels---Vince will weasle his way out

Hulk Hogan v.  ?not sure? (probably Stone Cold)---Hogan

JBL v. Bobby Lashely---Lashely

Carlito v. Chris Masters---Masters

Trish Stratus v. Mickey James---Trish
i think Shelton will beat flair, and hogan wont win if he fights stone cold

hydrophonic

Benjamin v Flair hasn't been announced.  They are both in the Money In The Bank Ladder Match.

Neither Hogan nor Austin have been announced as having matches at WM.  I guess it could happen, they are both doing inductions for the Hall of Fame ceremony the night before.

hellrazor

Stone Cold is coming back on SNME.

Hogan is always around.  However, I'm starting to think it won't happen cause they won't have time to promote the way they should.

This is the card so far:
WWE Champion John Cena vs. Triple H
World Heavyweight Champion Kurt Angle vs. Randy Orton vs. Rey Mysterio
Mr. McMahon vs. Shawn Michaels
Edge vs. Mick Foley (Hardcore Match)
Money in the Bank Ladder Match
Undertaker vs. Mark Henry (Casket Match)
United States Champion Chris Benoit vs. JBL
World Tag Team Champions Kane & Big Show vs. Chris Masters & Carlito

hydrophonic

Is Austin coming back for real or is this just a one time deal for the beer drinking contest with JBL?

dmhog v2.0

Quote from: hydrophonic on March 16, 2006, 02:42:03 pm
Is Austin coming back for real or is this just a one time deal for the beer drinking contest with JBL?

One time deal. He'll never come back full time.

riccoar

If Flair loses it won't be his last match.  Also hasn't Foley had like 32 concussions?  Point being he couldn't hold a candle to Troy Aikman in a short term memory test.

hydrophonic

Here are a few things I'd like to see come out of the Money In The Bank Ladder Match:

RVD wins but turns heel for his run at the title and does NOT become champion.

Matt Hardy wins and makes a brand change while Edge holds the title.  Hardy uses his MITB Contract to challenge Edge and loses.

Flair wins & wins the title at a PPV and retires the next night on RAW, vacating the title and setting up a tournament style program to name a new champion.  Maybe even bring back the King Of The Ring PPV to crown a champion.

I like Shelton Benjamin and Fit Finlay but don't want either of them to win this match OR either of the major WWE titles.  I'd really like to see Benjamin and Haas reform their tag team and maybe make a run at the tag titles.  Finlay would be a good US Champion if they played him as an anti-America heel.

The rumored 6th man in the MITBLM is NOT ready to carry a title.  Of course that's never stopped the WWE before...

hoggiefan

DO you know who thee 6th man is going to be?   Could it be Batista?

hydrophonic

I don't know.  The rumor going around is Lashlee.  I think he's got a lot of potential, but he is NOT ready to carry a title.  I think it's too soon to even give him a run with the US Title.

I'm not a fan of Batista but he IS a Main Event guy.  It would be good to see him back ahead of schedule.

hoggiefan

I like Lashley.  I think he does have a lot of potential, but it is way too soon to get him a chance at a title shoot.   I would like to see Batista in there because, he is a great face.   I would like to see him back, and i think it would be a great story line.  He never lost the title, he had to give it up because of injury. But i don't know when he will be officially back.

hydrophonic

I'm looking forward to Batista's return mostly because they'll put together a video package of him vacating the title.  I'm hoping it will include the crowd shots where the two women look like they are crying and screaming "NO! DON'T DO IT!"

I love wrestling fans.

You're right though, he is a GREAT face.  He isn't the greatest wrestler, but he is a fantastic sports entertainer.

WindyCityHog

I'm working security at WrestleMania this year...

I hope to get some good pics...

BUT I loathe wrasslin'....Where is The Rock when you need him?

hydrophonic

Have fun WCH.  If nothing else you should enjoy watching the spectators.  Wrestling fans are a funny group.

The Rock = HORRIBLE wrestler but one of the top sports entertainers of all time (Hogan is probably the only one better)

hellrazor

Quote from: hydrophonic on March 24, 2006, 09:24:21 am
I don't know.  The rumor going around is Lashlee.  I think he's got a lot of potential, but he is NOT ready to carry a title.  I think it's too soon to even give him a run with the US Title.

I'm not a fan of Batista but he IS a Main Event guy.  It would be good to see him back ahead of schedule.

Has anyone noticed that Lashley only does Germans and back body drops?
This guys was quite a successful ametuer wrestler. Maybe it's a gimmick thing...

Quote from: hoggiefan on March 24, 2006, 09:17:32 am
DO you know who thee 6th man is going to be?   Could it be Batista?

Baby, do you know something that I don't?

hoggiefan

Haha. i was just thinking about it.   Wouldn't that be a great thing at mania? A chance for him to get his title back.

hydrophonic

Lashley has a third move, the "running knock down."  He needs some work, but he could have a tremendous future.

hydrophonic

Just following up on my own thought:

Quote from: hydrophonic on March 24, 2006, 07:22:18 amFlair wins & wins the title at a PPV and retires the next night on RAW

There are two PPVs in Flair Country this year:

Vengeance in Greenville SC on June 25th
No Mercy in Raleigh NC on October 8th

I'm pretty sure Vengeance is a RAW show and No Mercy is a SmackDown! show.

hydrophonic

So Lashley wins the Battle Royal to determine the 6th man in the MITBLM.  I guess he and Finlay will cancel each other out.  Should be a fun dynamic to the match and keep either of them from winning climbing the ladder.

Considering the way the way that Battle Royal went down MNM should squash whoever their Mania title defense is against.  Of course, I'm assuming they WILL be defending the title.  No match has been announced, but there will be one more episode of SmackDown! between now and WrestleMania.

Maybe that's not a safe assumption.  It appears the Intercontinental Title will not be defended at Mania for the fourth consecutive year.  Either way, there will be more Tag matches at WM22 than there were at WM21 where there were ZERO.

One week to go, here is the card:

Torrie Wilson v Candice Michelle in a Playboy Pillow Fight
Booker T & Sharmell v The Boogeyman
Trish Stratus v Mickie James for the Women's Championship
Kane & The Big Show v Carlito & Chris Masters for the World Tag Team Championship
Chris Benoit v JBL for the United States Championship
Edge v Mick Foley in a Hardcore Match
The Undertaker v Mark Henry in a Casket Match
MITBLM Shelton Benjamin v RVD v Ric Flair v Finlay v Matt Hardy v Lashley
Shawn Michaels v Vince McMahon in a No Holds Barred Match
Kurt Angle v Randy Orton v Rey Mysterio for the World Heavyweight Championship
John Cena v Triple H for the WWE Championship

hellrazor

Quote from: hydrophonic on March 24, 2006, 03:56:50 pm
Just following up on my own thought:

Quote from: hydrophonic on March 24, 2006, 07:22:18 amFlair wins & wins the title at a PPV and retires the next night on RAW

There are two PPVs in Flair Country this year:

Vengeance in Greenville SC on June 25th
No Mercy in Raleigh NC on October 8th

I'm pretty sure Vengeance is a RAW show and No Mercy is a SmackDown! show.

Flair only made $508,000 last fiscal year. Considering he is more than a million in debt to the IRS and going through a divorce, another title run could just be the help he needs.
However, they seem to be pushing Lashley to the moon.

hydrophonic

There is a rumor circulating that JR is going to do some announcing at Mania.

I sure hope Lashley doesn't win the MITBLM.  He really needs to continue his feud with Finlay.  Talk about a great learning opportunity.

Here is something that could be done with the MITBLM that could end up being worthwile.  First of all, IMO RVD and Flair are the only guys in the match that should have title runs.  As I've said before, I wouldn't be opposed to Matt Hardy getting a title shot but losing, particularly if he could lose to Edge.  I don't think the other three guys should get any kind of run leading up to a title shot.  Secondly, they already ran the best angle they can use for the MITBLM winner with Edge this year.  It might be in WWE's best interest to get the MITB out of the way quickly so the idea can fade until next year's Mania.

So how about this...  Shelton Benjamin wins and interrupts the champs celebration the next night on RAW, be it H or Cena.  Benjamin says he isn't waiting and wants his title shot that night.  He gets the match and loses.  Then he could drop the IC title at the next PPV and be free to reform his tag team with the soon to return Charlie Haas.

This would give them at least a year to let the ADD WWE fans forget about the MITB, thereby setting up something big for the winner of WM 23's MITBLM.

Just something I thought up over lunch.  Wouldn't be great but it wouldn't be Mabel.

hydrophonic

Some of y'all have probably noticed that the site for WM23 has been announced as Ford Field in Detroit.  This is interesting to me because of the size of the stadium.  This year's show is likely to have an attendance number around 20,000.  They'll be able to set up Ford Field for 65,000 maybe even 75,000.

I guess somebody at WWE thinks they are about to have a big year.  What do they know that we don't?

hellrazor

they already announced the site of the next Mania?

hydrophonic

riccoar

I never actually heard attendance numbers, but assumed WM drew at least 40,000 plus.  If it were in Alabama it would be sold out at 75,000.  :)

hogfan064

If people in the Carolinas new Flair was going to win the World Title again prior to a pay per view you could probably sellout Clemson's Death Valley. 

hydrophonic

For some perspective, here are some recent attendance numbers:

WM15 First Union Center, Philadelphia 18,274
WM16 Arrowhead Pond, Anaheim 18,742
WM17 Astrodome, Houston 67,925
WM18 Skydome, Toronto 68,237
WM19 Safeco Field, Seattle 54,097
WM20 Madison Square Garden, NYC 20,000
WM21 Staples Center, LA 20,193

This years event is being held at the Allstate Arena in Chicago.  WM13 was held at the same place when it was known as the Rosemont Horizon and drew 18,197.

hogfan064

Wrestlemania 3 is still host to the largest indoor crowd in U.S. history correct?  90,000+ at the Pontiac Silverdome

hydrophonic

Yes, sort of.

Officially, WWE and the Silverdome claimed attendance of 93,173.  However there is a lot of speculation that the real number is around 78,000.

If you want more detail than that, check this link.