Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who is the best wrestler of all time?

Started by clemensrules01, January 10, 2006, 09:22:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PulledPork

hellrazor

January 11, 2006, 10:17:06 pm #51 Last Edit: January 11, 2006, 10:19:05 pm by hellrazor
Limousine ridin'     jet flyin'     kiss stealin'     wheelin'      dealin'

Son of gun!
Wooo!

Quote from: DOGALUM on January 11, 2006, 06:07:00 pm
Michael PS Hayes....Terry Bam Bam Gordy....and you left one of the Fabulous Freebirds out.....Buddy Roberts!!
You're right!
I can't believe I forgot Buddy Roberts!
raze<br />1 a archaic : ERASE b : to scrape, cut, or shave off<br />2 : to destroy to the ground : DEMOLISH

heinekenhary

I'm coming in to Memphis
TWA
Tell all the pretty ladies
Handsome Jimmy's on his way!
Show me a guy whos afraid to look bad, and I'll show you a guy you can beat every time.
-Lou Brock

Hawg414

Kabuki.
if he blew that green darn on ya, you were done!!

Ugly Uncle

What about the Von Erichs?

I don't remember the daddy's name

Kevin
David
Eric
there were a couple of others...I believe it was Eric that became the world champion.

Yeah, I quit watching around 1980...so...that's all I've got.

Who was "the handsome half breed"?  Anyone remember him?
Retired Radio Host

LXXIII

My favorites are the younger Rick Flair, The Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase, The Ultimate Warrior, and Randy "Macho Man" Savage

heinekenhary

I'm having a brain cramp.  Who was in the Rat Pack?  Ted, Hacksaw and......... I can't remember.

I still remember watching the match when Ted turned heel, cheated and loaded up the glove against his best friend,  JYD!  HE WAS THE BEST MAN IN JYD'S WEDDING FOR GOODNESS SAKES!
I was more than a little upset.
Show me a guy whos afraid to look bad, and I'll show you a guy you can beat every time.
-Lou Brock

S.P.A.M. Hog

this guy I think qualifies......

[attachment deleted by admin]
Just as the dark ages passed, so will the effects of poor coaching for the last ten years. But more importantly the Razorback Nation will be unified.

The new era has begun...

ednedfred

I once saw this person wrestle an entire half gallon of strawberry ice cream.  I don't think that there was a winner but there was really a mess...

'Run hard die with a scar, fly low beat the radar."

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Guys who are obsessed with Pro Wrestling need to analyze what they are obsessing about: Men in tights, getting in all kinds of positions with each other....TWICE, because they already rehearsed all of this...alone.

Hardcore wrestling fans:  You may keep trying to deny your "true" feelings but:  "You can run but you can't hide from your true self."
;D

I hate wrestling.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

gr123163

cut me and i will bleed a hog

Porquemada

fordyce boy

How about Mad Dawg Buzz Sawyer, and Big Cat Ernie Ladd!!! Somebody better get on the phone and call somebody!!! But my favorite is woooooooo, Ric Flair!!   ;D

bigred1

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
If you wanna be tha man

YOU GOTTA BEAT THA MAN

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

PulledPork

heinekenhary

Quote from: fordyce boy on January 12, 2006, 09:29:38 pm
How about Mad Dawg Buzz Sawyer, and Big Cat Ernie Ladd!!! Somebody better get on the phone and call somebody!!! But my favorite is woooooooo, Ric Flair!! ;D

The 2 weeks leading up to Buzz Sawyer coming to Mid-South wrestling were classic.  They would show videos of Buzz out in the pen with his dogs, b/c that's where he lived, in the pen.  He would chain himself up so that he couldn't get out, b/c he knew he was so dangerous(i was young, it never occured to me that if he chained himself up, he could just unchain himself, too).  He freakin' ate out of a dog bowl in the video, it was great!  I was ready for him to get there so that the real dog, JYD, could beat the crap out of him.
-Lou Brock

razorson

lumphog

Without A doubt.............THE FABULOUS JACKIE FARGO..............He rarely got beat & if he was, he would go get his little brother NUT HOUSE FARGO.........and it was OOOOONNNN !!!

hellrazor

January 14, 2006, 12:42:03 am #68 Last Edit: January 14, 2006, 12:47:05 am by hellrazor
Quote from: heinekenhary on January 12, 2006, 12:10:29 pm
I'm having a brain cramp. Who was in the Rat Pack? Ted, Hacksaw and......... I can't remember.

I still remember watching the match when Ted turned heel, cheated and loaded up the glove against his best friend, JYD! HE WAS THE BEST MAN IN JYD'S WEDDING FOR GOODNESS SAKES!
I was more than a little upset.

Matt Borne??   He was in a tag team in UWF  (Tulsa, OK, baby!) with him.

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on January 12, 2006, 03:35:52 pm
Guys who are obsessed with Pro Wrestling need to analyze what they are obsessing about: Men in tights, getting in all kinds of positions with each other....TWICE, because they already rehearsed all of this...alone.

Hardcore wrestling fans: You may keep trying to deny your "true" feelings but: "You can run but you can't hide from your true self."
;D

I hate wrestling.

So, is it okay if I watch wrestling with a tube of vasoline and a sandwich?
raze<br />1 a archaic : ERASE b : to scrape, cut, or shave off<br />2 : to destroy to the ground : DEMOLISH

Hawg414

Quote from: uglyuncle on January 12, 2006, 04:51:46 am
What about the Von Erichs?

I don't remember the daddy's name

Kevin
David
Eric
there were a couple of others...I believe it was Eric that became the world champion.

Yeah, I quit watching around 1980...so...that's all I've got.

Who was "the handsome half breed"? Anyone remember him?

dad would be fritz von erich... known for his iron claw!!
also, you forgot kerri von erich.
and if i remember correctly, arent all of the von erich boys, with the exception of one, dead now for various strange reasons?

You guys are still all playing on the "other" team...seek therapy NOW!
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

hellrazor

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on January 14, 2006, 01:29:41 am
You guys are still all playing on the "other" team...seek therapy NOW!

I love you.                                but in a completely heterosexual way.
I don't wanna sound gay or anything, of course, but I'd like to lay you down and make sweet love to you.
In a completely heterosexual way of course.

Ugly Uncle

Your right 414...Kerry was pos. the world champion.  And all of them are dead from really strange things.  There was a baby brother named Andy or something...
Retired Radio Host

hydrophonic

One of the Von Erichs - Kevin, I think - is still living.

Samoa Joe is the best wrestler not already mentioned in this thread.

Some of my other favorites are Kurt Angle, Petey Williams, Chris Benoit, and...

"The Greatest Wrestler Alive Today" Triple H.
"The future sucks." "Change it."

dmhog v2.0

January 17, 2006, 01:51:29 pm #75 Last Edit: January 17, 2006, 02:01:34 pm by dmhog v2.0
Bret HArt or Flair. But Kurt Angle will take over honors soon.

My personal all-time favorites are Sting and Jericho.

bdutt

Rick. Flair.

The craziest wrestler I've ever seen is Cactus Jack. That match with the Under Taker was the most brutal wrestling match I've ever seen. He fell 20 feet off the top of the cage into a TABLE!!! nuts.
"Those who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who usually do."

dmhog v2.0

How about the bumps Flair took on Raw last night? Not bad for a man his age.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: SultanofSwine on January 11, 2006, 11:52:44 am
Handsome Jimmy Valiant ;D

The Boogey Woogie Man ? :) When I grew up in Eastern Arkansas watching Lance Russel (Bannana Nose) & Dave Brown I thought that he was Jerry Lawlers cousin or something to that effect  ???
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Brett Hitman Hog

Fine, this has gone on long enough without me weighing in...

Look to the left.  The Hitman .. as in Bret Hitman Hart.  All time best wrestler.  Hands down!

Other good ones include Chris Jericho, Chris Benoit, Kurt Angle, Eddie Guerrerro (sp?) .. notice they are all technical, and aside from Beniot good on the mic.

None of this lame ass leg drops or people's elbow crap.  Although The Rock could verbally spare w/ the best of them.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: The Hitman on January 17, 2006, 02:42:08 pm

Look to the left. The Hitman .. as in Bret Hitman Hart. All time best wrestler. Hands down!

Other good ones include Chris Jericho, Chris Benoit, Kurt Angle, Eddie Guerrerro (sp?) .. notice they are all technical, and aside from Beniot good on the mic.

None of this lame ass leg drops or people's elbow crap. Although The Rock could verbally spare w/ the best of them.

Guess you recall this ordeal then Hitman...

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Brett Hitman Hog

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on January 17, 2006, 02:57:14 pm
Quote from: The Hitman on January 17, 2006, 02:42:08 pm

Look to the left. The Hitman .. as in Bret Hitman Hart. All time best wrestler. Hands down!

None of this lame ass leg drops or people's elbow crap. Although The Rock could verbally spare w/ the best of them.

Guess you recall this ordeal then Hitman...

You know it .. left a black eye on wrestling and one Vince McMahon, too.

The_Bionic_Pig

The last interview I heard with Brett Hart comments were that he cannot return to wrestling due to his stroke but would love to get into it in some way (Managing, commentating) McMahon has been trying to get him back for the last few months (recall the WWE playing his intro music during one of Shawn Micheals matches and the Heartbreak Kid looking scared and worried)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Brett Hitman Hog

They were enticing him with his old archive footage.  They worked something else out for Bret to get that stuff.  However, with the way the WWE has gone with all the sex and stuff, Bret won't do much with them.  That was one problem he was having before he left for WCW.  And it's gotten real raunchy at times since.

dmhog v2.0

Bret's been rumored to be talking to TNA, but nothing has come of it yet.

How great would a Hart vs. Angle match be?

Brett Hitman Hog

That would rock if Bret hadn't had that stroke on his bike several years ago.  Bret vs. British Bulldog and Bret vs. Chris Beniot in WCW was two of the best matches technically I have ever seen.

PulledPork

Quote from: dmhog v2.0 on January 17, 2006, 03:24:58 pm
Bret's been rumored to be talking to TNA, but nothing has come of it yet.

How great would a Hart vs. Angle match be?
well for that to happen, Hart would have to go to WWE, or Angle to TNA......unless you meant hypothetically?

PulledPork

someone forgot this man....

or did you mean to??

A Boy Named Sue E.

Buck "Yellow Belly" Robley, Scandar Akbar, Grizzly Smith, Arman Hussein, Cowboy Bill Watts, Danny Hodge, and Mr. X.

hydrophonic

Quote from: The Hitman on January 17, 2006, 03:31:32 pmBret vs. British Bulldog and Bret vs. Chris Beniot in WCW was two of the best matches technically I have ever seen.

Both of those matches are on the 3 DVD Bret Hart set that WWE just put out.

That set is well worth the $25 for Hart fans and fans of technical wrestling in general.

dmhog v2.0

The_Bionic_Pig

January 17, 2006, 05:29:58 pm #91 Last Edit: January 17, 2006, 05:46:16 pm by Woo_Pig_Stewie
Quote from: PulledPork on January 17, 2006, 04:08:39 pm
someone forgot this man....

or did you mean to??

Check out his website - http://www.thehonkytonkman.com/
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Brett Hitman Hog

ThreeHogNight

January 17, 2006, 07:36:46 pm #93 Last Edit: January 17, 2006, 07:45:57 pm by ThreeHogNight
Jacky Fargo
Tojo Yamamoto
Sputnik Monroe

Hawgin84

Tag Team villains Dutch Savage and Luke Brown.

PulledPork

is Ric Flair not the best damn "bleeder" out there?  Watching his match last night with Edge, that dude bled on everything.  Funny how his daughter was at ringside and crying her eyes out....doesnt' she know it's fake?

;D

hydrophonic

His daughter was one of the things that took that match from "pretty good" to "outstanding."  I really loved hearing her scream "Get up Dad!"  I totally marked out during the match, and his daughter was one of the things that pushed me over the top.

One thing I really like about WWE is the gratuitous crowd shots.

Another excellent recent example:
When Batista was vacating the World Heavyweight Championship they kept cutting to a woman that looked like she might be crying.  She kept shaking her head and yelling "NOOOOO!"

There are a lot of things that WWE could do to improve their shows, but this is one thing that they do right consistently.

Kevin n Hog Heaven

Bret is without a doubt the best there is, was, and ever will be. I miss watching him perform dearly.

TNhogfan

Quote from: dman on January 11, 2006, 01:23:41 pm
8)Dr X, Freebirds tag team, Dandy Jack Donovan and his wife with the purse full of cold cream jars. Damn I'm getting old. :razorback:  MM will be a Razorback. :razorback:
Verne Bottoms was Dandy Jack Donovan's wife.  She was tough.   On the old McGuirk tv show from the '60s, one week Danny Williams, the announcer, was introducing them before a match one week.  He intro'd Donovan and then he said, "And as his manager (long pause - looking over at Verne Bottoms)Old Lady Bottoms."  He ran out of the ring, while she and Jack pitched a fit and she threw her purse at Williams.

For the best of all time, I would have to go with Danny Hodge.  He dominated NCAA wrestling at Ok St, came very close to making the Olympics as a teenager, was cheated by a Soviet-bloc judge in the Olympics that he did compete in or he would have had the gold, was Golden Gloves boxing champion and trained by Strangler Lewis for Leroy McGuirk.  Many of the old timers place Hodge at the top.
As far as best worker goes:  Ric Flair would have to be on the list.  Ted DiBiase is very respected in the business.  Buddy Rogers.  Dick Murdoch could work with anyone when he wanted to work.  Ernie Ladd was fantastic.  Hogan is a terrible worker, but he could work a crowd.  The Von Erichs could almost match Hogan for charisma, but had too many personal demons.