Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2023-24 College Football Coaching Changes, Rumours, Packed Bags and Prop Planes

Started by jbcarol, July 10, 2023, 06:30:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

College football coaching carousel: Tracker, grades for 2023-24 changes

2023-24 coaching carousel has picked back up following Nick Saban's retirement from Alabama

QuoteSam Pittman   Retained   There was a question surrounding the status of Pittman after a six-game losing streak in the middle of the 2023 season. However, athletic director Hunter Yurachek announced on Nov. 19 that Pittman will be given another season to try to turn around the program. Pittman is 23-24 (11-22 SEC) in four seasons leading the Razorbacks.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Kiffin Coaching Rehab :hmmm:

Lane Kiffin, Ole Miss hire former Mississippi State coach Zach Arnett as analyst

by:
Nick Kosko

QuoteOle Miss hired former Mississippi State head coach Zach Arnett to the staff, according to OM Spirit's Zach Berry.

According to Berry, Arnett will serve as analyst on the Ole Miss staff. He was with Mississippi State since 2020 and coached at San Diego State prior to coming to the SEC.

Arnett took over as Bulldogs head coach after the passing of Mike Leach. He went 5-6 overall before the school elected to make a change.

Now, he'll work under Lane Kiffin and remain in the SEC.

This story will be updated
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

SMB Hogfan

I've noticed that it's quite common for a guy that gets fired, to become an "analyst" for a former competitor. I guess they are content to coast on their buyout and make a little chump change on the side.
Fender Stratocaster
Icom 2200H w/ D-Star
M2 Mac Mini 🍎

jbcarol

The Pittboss goes in-depth into his decision to hire Bobby Petrino as Arkansas OC

by:
Andrew Graham

Quote"Well I just wanted to win and to be honest with you, I thought Bobby gave us the best chance to win and that really the reason that I picked up the phone and called him. Then after I visited with him, his love to come back to Arkansas and his drive to come back and be a part of the university.

"I know a lot of folks may think, 'Well he came back to be a head coach' and all this kind of stuff. I don't worry about any of that. I just want to win," Pittman said. "I want to win for the university, for the state of Arkansas, I want to make the people proud and I thought this was the best way we could do it.

"But it's worked out extremely well. Bobby's a wonderful person and has been very, very loyal and been very, very good with our kids since he's been here," Pittman said.

Pittman dished on his staff shakeup, too...

jbcarol

Ross Dellenger
@RossDellenger
Texas A&M is targeting Nebraska AD Trev Alberts as its next athletic director, sources confirm to @YahooSports as @BrentZwerneman reported earlier.

Deal is not done but is expected. Would be a big AD move within the industry.
10:05 AM · Mar 13, 2024
·

SMB Hogfan

Quote from: jbcarol on March 13, 2024, 09:36:32 amRoss Dellenger
@RossDellenger
Texas A&M is targeting Nebraska AD Trev Alberts as its next athletic director, sources confirm to @YahooSports as @BrentZwerneman reported earlier.

Deal is not done but is expected. Would be a big AD move within the industry.
10:05 AM · Mar 13, 2024
·

I wondered how long it would be before Jimbo's contract backfired on him. Obviously, not very long.
Fender Stratocaster
Icom 2200H w/ D-Star
M2 Mac Mini 🍎

jbcarol

Quote from: jbcarol on July 10, 2023, 06:30:40 pmPat Fitzgerald fired by Northwestern amid hazing scandal, per report
Ethan Stone | 1 MINUTE AGO

One once said that you can't make a coaching change in July.

Court denies Northwestern's motion to dismiss Pat Fitzgerald wrongful termination lawsuit

by: Thomas Goldkamp

QuoteThe ongoing legal action between former Northwestern coach Pat Fitzgerald and the university will remain in progress following a key ruling on Tuesday.

According to a statement from Fitzgerald's attorneys released by ESPN's Adam Rittenberg, Northwestern's motion to dismiss the wrongful termination lawsuit filed by Fitzgerald was denied today in Cook County circuit court.

The case can now proceed, set for trial in April 2025. Fitzgerald is seeking more than $130 million in damages.

jbcarol

Chip Kelly reveals why he decided to leave UCLA for Ohio State: 'I just want to coach football'

by: Steve Samra

QuoteDuring Saturday's broadcast of the Ohio State Buckeyes spring game, Joel Klatt finally caught up with freshly-minted offensive coordinator Chip Kelly:

"I just want to coach football," Kelly responded. "And I think in this day in age, things are changing. And I coached our quarterbacks in our bowl game. ... I haven't been in a meeting room on a consistent basis since 2008. When I was an assistant. And I have a lot of fun. The best part of football is football, and I love coaching football and getting to do that. I think sometimes the role has changed, to a little bit more of an administrator. Not at all places. But at some places where you've got to fundraise, you've got to do a lot of those things. And I just wanted to coach football.

"If I was going to go somewhere, it would be somewhere where the program shows the same values and visions that I have. I've known Ryan since he was a little kid, so you know when he called and he was talking about it a little bit, it was intriguing."

So what's Kelly looking for during Saturday's spring game?