Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

if belichek leaves new england ...

Started by Pig in the Pokey, January 05, 2018, 09:34:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The Kig

I don't think Saban has any desire, nor is he dumb enough, to go back to any NFL team.  Even if the Pats job opened, Brady is 40 and his time is coming too.  The Pats without Belichick and Brady is not that appealing and Saban can't control pro players like he can college kids.

Saban already has his own statue in Tuscaloosa, makes more money than he can spend and has a train that still has a ton of steam that is as close to autopilot as it can get.  His ego will not allow him to leave until he breaks/ties Bryant's record (the LSU Natty doesn't count for many diehard Bear fans) and then I expect him to retire.

When he does decide to retire, I fully expect the job to go to Dabo.  If Venables is still his DC, he will end up with Aranda type money.   
Poker Porker

Chorizo Hogriguez

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 05, 2018, 09:34:06 am
saban goes to replace him, then dabo goes to Bama.

Then Clemson DOESNT just promote Venables....

Hmmm. This is how Venables ends up at Arkansas.

:popcorn    (thanks Brady and Kraft).

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2018/01/05/boomer-gio-trouble-brewing-in-new-england/

I like it!

jbigs77

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2018/01/05/boomer-gio-trouble-brewing-in-new-england/
delusional, get help

PORKULATOR

Delusional is 3 PAGES DEDICATED TO THIS MADNESS!!!!!
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

SooieGeneris

There is more and more rumbling from national media saying/suggesting Belichick will not be in NE after this season. The rift between he and Kraft over Brady appears to be real. Brady doesn't appear to be done, but he has been so-so the last few games.

Brady's trainer tells him to ignore the Patriots trainers and Docs basically and other players have started to follow suit. Maybe if McDaniels got a HC job, things might smooth over somewhat. He and Brady got into a shouting match on the sidelines with Brady screaming "F you" right in front of McDaniels' Dad who is a HS coach in Ohio.

Kraft is taking Brady's side. No coach wants to have his future tied to a 40 year old QB who is talking about playing "several more years." Especially when said QB is showing signs of slowing down. Once that process started for P. Manning, his performance nose-dived his last 1.5 seasons with a major drop in arm strength.

Of course, if Belichick went to the Giants as some think he might, there could be the same type situation with Eli. If this happens or Belichick retired, it would take a HC with brass, not deflated, balls to take that job. I would pitch in for their go fund me page if they went after Saban.

There could be a seismic shift in both the NFL and CFB if there is something to this. Gruden's reported 10 year $100 mil offer to coach the Raiders has set a new bar for HC's pay in the League. We can hope..
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

StanHog

Could CCM be holding out to get Belichek for DC and Venables as linebackers coach?
"Krafty";)

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: SooieGeneris on January 05, 2018, 07:53:59 pm
Gruden's reported 10 year $100 mil offer to coach the Raiders has set a new bar for HC's pay in the League. We can hope..
To hear Hogville tell it, dude wasnt good enough for Arkansas. Wonder what they are saying now? Something about "Dungy's players" or some other misguided notion now that he is the HIGHEST paid coach OR PLAYER ever!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

lumphog

Quote from: hog of steele on January 05, 2018, 10:07:52 am
Kirby smart may mess up the Dabo to Bama thing. If he wins enough, he may head over after Sabah calls it.
BUELL SHEET

(notOM)Rebel123

January 06, 2018, 06:38:54 am #109 Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 06:51:23 am by (notOM)Rebel123
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 05, 2018, 08:13:01 pm
To hear Hogville tell it, dude wasnt good enough for Arkansas. Wonder what they are saying now? Something about "Dungy's players" or some other misguided notion now that he is the HIGHEST paid coach OR PLAYER ever!

Gruden is an average (maybe a little above avg.) coach with a career .540 winning % (even Jason Garrett has a higher winning %). Al Davis actually "traded" Gruden to Tampa Bay for a couple of 1st & 2nd round draft picks + $, if I recall correctly. Gruden did win the Super Bowl in his first season with Tampa Bay, but that team was carried by Monte Kiffin's defense. After winning the SB in year 1, Gruden proceeded to go 45-51 without a single playoff win his last 6 years in TB. It will be interesting to see if Gruden can adapt to today's game, which is quite different than it was the last time he coached.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Pig Worshipper

"If Belichek Leaves New England," the title of this thread, sounds like a sappy,
Barry Manilow song that would soar to #1 on Boston's 106.7 radio station.

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on January 06, 2018, 06:38:54 am
Gruden is an average (maybe a little above avg.) coach with a career .540 winning % (even Jason Garrett has a higher winning %). Al Davis actually "traded" Gruden to Tampa Bay for a couple of 1st & 2nd round draft picks + $, if I recall correctly. Gruden did win the Super Bowl in his first season with Tampa Bay, but that team was carried by Monte Kiffin's defense. After winning the SB in year 1, Gruden proceeded to go 45-51 without a single playoff win his last 6 years in TB. It will be interesting to see if Gruden can adapt to today's game, which is quite different than it was the last time he coached.
uuummmm, THAN WHY IS HE THE HIGHEST PAID PERSON EVER associated with football (besides an owner)?
And that the team that he beat in the super bowl was the team HE ASSEMBLED in Oakland? And it WAS NOT Monte Kiffin or Tony Dungy that is to be credited with that super bowl. If you wanna credit that defense, fine. But not Chucky? If it was Dungy or kiffin, why did THEY NEVER win a title together? Or elsewhere, ever again....
You do realise that he is also the only coach to ever be traded, and for a first rounder at that. Grappolo only fetched a 2nd rounder. But to you that is a negative?

Ya cant fix stoooopid.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 06, 2018, 08:29:07 am
uuummmm, THAN WHY IS HE THE HIGHEST PAID PERSON EVER associated with football (besides an owner)?
And that the team that he beat in the super bowl was the team HE ASSEMBLED in Oakland? And it WAS NOT Monte Kiffin or Tony Dungy that is to be credited with that super bowl. If you wanna credit that defense, fine. But not Chucky? If it was Dungy or kiffin, why did THEY NEVER win a title together? Or elsewhere, ever again....
You do realise that he is also the only coach to ever be traded, and for a first rounder at that. Grappolo only fetched a 2nd rounder. But to you that is a negative?

Ya cant fix stoooopid.

I did give Gruden credit for winning a Super Bowl. But that team's strength was the defense. The 2002 Tampa Bay defense was the top ranked defense in the NFL, while the offense was ranked 18th. But hey, he was the Head Coach of the team that won a Super Bowl so he deserves credit. As for his Gruden's overall record, it "is what it is." You are obviously a fan of Gruden's, but fail to acknowledge his lack of playoff success at Tampa Bay during his last 6 years with the team. Who is responsible for that?

He may take the Raiders to several Super Bowl titles...if he does, great for him. But until he wins on a consistent basis, he's just another overpaid coach. People often get too caught up in the "TV personality" and automatically assume that will transfer to wins on the field. Maybe it will. Time will tell.

By the way, it is spelled "stupid". Geez.

Pig in the Pokey

Im a fan, yeah. Im a Raider fan. I was pissed that Al traded Chucky and I hate Bill Callahan.

But, I get your point. Mine was just laughing at those Hogvillians who didnt think he was good enough to even coach in college, now that he's the highest paid coach ever.

Hogarusa

Pretty crazy this thread has gone 3 pages. Didnt know there were Hogville folks who were so passionate about the 2002 Tampa Bay Bucs team either. Offseason!
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 06, 2018, 09:10:19 am
Im a fan, yeah. Im a Raider fan. I was pissed that Al traded Chucky and I hate Bill Callahan.

But, I get your point. Mine was just laughing at those Hogvillians who didnt think he was good enough to even coach in college, now that he's the highest paid coach ever.

No doubt the guy knows football. It's probably great timing for him with the excitement that will surround the team with the move to Vegas.
But Hey, if it doesn't work out, there's a $100 million reasons why he'll be just fine. 😀

HognotinMemphis

I see you have moved on from Gus being the next Arkansas football head coach to Venables becoming the next Arkansas DC. You probably fantasize about being the next POTUS too.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: HoginMemphis on January 06, 2018, 09:24:33 am
I see you have moved on from Gus being the next Arkansas football head coach to Venables becoming the next Arkansas DC. You probably fantasize about being the next POTUS too.
your memory is darn. i never wanted Gus. I hate that man.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Hogarusa on January 06, 2018, 09:14:59 am
Pretty crazy this thread has gone 3 pages. Didnt know there were Hogville folks who were so passionate about the 2002 Tampa Bay Bucs team either. Offseason!
that and if im good for anything it's for creating an entertaining thread.