Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pocono 500 Pick em

Started by pioneerhog, June 10, 2005, 03:07:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pioneerhog

Ok final practice is about to begin, it might have but I just lost my Dish signal, and Q-ing is tommorow so I thought I would go ahead and start a pickem thread. It doesn't have to be done right now but it should be done befor the race starts.

TechHawg

I'm gonna go with my man Mark Martin.  He always runs good there and he is due for a win.  1st practice today he was 3rd fastest.  Jimmie Johnson will contend of course.  This isn't a stretch, but I think it will definitely be a Roush or Hendrick car.

hogsgrl09

"The really amazing part, to me, was when Florida made it into the Final Four, the Democrats didn't demand a recount."
"I know Jesus Christ died for my sins, and that's all I really need to know."

pioneerhog

OK, Qing has been done, although some idiot with Fox decided not to show it live. A major suprise is that Micheal Waltrip is sitting one the pole, but I bet he falls toward the back pretty fast. My man Martin quilified 13 and some other notables where as follows, Jimmie Johnson - 21st, Jeff Gordon - 31st, Ricky Rudd - 32nd, and Greg Biffle - 23rd. Martin was the Highest quilifier out of the top 6 in points, although the rest of the top 10 is quilified better than him. I will have to look at the practice speeds and the quilifing times and I will pick my top 5. If anyone else feels like they can pick the top five feel free to do so, it just makes it a little more interesting, to me, to do the top 5 instead of just the winner. 21 and Tophawg we are still waiting on your picks, so don't let us down and not do it.

http://www.nascar.com/races/cup/2005/14/data/lineup.html

hogsgrl09

k...

1. mark of course
2. kurt bush
3. kenseth
4. wallace
5. labonte

idk y i chose these...just 2 b pickin i guess and c how close i get. lol
"The really amazing part, to me, was when Florida made it into the Final Four, the Democrats didn't demand a recount."

pioneerhog

OK here is my top 5 for Pocono.

1. Mark Martin

2. Ryan Newman

3. Jimmie Johnson

4. Scott Riggs

5. Kurt Busch

Now I am sure I will be way off on this like I have been in past weeks but this is how I think it will shape up when the checkered flag waves,

hogsgrl09

at least we got mark in!! man...i thought he had it there at the end with him bein the only one with 4 tires. but of course he gets his bad luck and has one go flat. >:( >:( >:(  o well i guess i should look at the bright side and praise bobby labonte 4 wreckin so mark would only get 5th. ugg but im still mad  bout that. lol

pioneerhog

Wtih everyone that had tire problems and went a lap down I won't complain one bit about his 5th place finish. Mark finally got some good luck not bad luck. If it hadn't been for that caution he would have ended up probably around 30th, so I would say that is some good luck. He moved up one postion in points and got a little bit of a cushion from 10th, although it isn't much of a cushion.

hogsgrl09

hmmm ok.  :( lol. tru....i guess i should b a lil but happier. but i expect more of him i guess....which isnt a bad thing :D

pioneerhog

There is nothing wrong with expecting more from him but sometimes it is out of his control, like it was today.

hogsgrl09