Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nascar should do something

Started by pioneerhog, May 30, 2005, 01:28:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pioneerhog

All this year it seems that it has been wreck after wreck. Last night at Lowes they had a record number of cautions, Lowes beat Bristol out on this one. It doesn't seem to be just at Lowes, it is at every single track. I don't know if it is the new tires they are useing this year, or the young drivers, or the new aero package, or a combination of all three. But I do know that Nascar needs to figure it out and take care of the problem before someone gets killed. Nascar prides it self on safety, well they need to do something to make it safe again.

tophawg19

last night was a combination of track and poor tires . they need to bring backthe tire comp. between goodyear and hoosier . goodyear is having major problems i'm wondering if they are trying to use the same tire compound at every track . last night the tires were way to soft and the track was eating them . if the setup wasn't right or you ran over any thing on the track the tires collapsed
if not for the innerliners there would have been 40 cautions .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Rocky&Boarwinkle

Quote from: 21Mann on May 30, 2005, 03:04:35 pm
I don't think it's Goodyear. Goodyear is giving NASCAR what they ask for. I think it's a combination of the following.....

1 - They cut 1/2 inch off the spoiler
2 - The "Young Punks" are driving harder than ever. They just don't get it. They DON'T have to prove themselves EVERY FREAKIN' LAP.
3 - The cutting of the series to get to the "chase" has everyone driving VERY aggressively to make the sponsors happy
4 - The "Young Punks" again. They just don't race folks clean. It's ALL ABOUT THEM.
5 - Like it or not, TV loves the crashing. Most people (NOT REAL FANS) watch these races NOT for the racing, but for the CRASHES.

Which brings up another point. How many times is TV IN COMMERCIAL when a yellow falls? How many times are they in COMMERCIAL when the green comes back out? I hate it that the TV Commercials get interrupted by REAL FREAKING RACING!!!!!!

Bingo, you got me.  The only time I see racing is on sportscenter, and the only reason I don't turn it during those segments is to watch the wrecks.

Other than that, I can see very little to entertain me with cars going in circles for hours and hours.

pioneerhog

Was it a 1/2 inch or an 1 inch. I thought they took 1 inch off of them but I could be wrong. Those things you listed are some of it, but I think that the tires have at least a little to do with it.

tophawg19

tire failure is the worst in history .it cost joe.n . a win you expect this kind of tire wear on the concrete tracks but not the asphalt . the tire compound was too soft and blistered to easily and now everyone runs the same compound .no choices which ddoesn't allow for differences in driver style . smooth drivers can get away with soft tires .but the aggerissive drivers tend to push the cars through the corners wear them out to fast also a poor setup will heat the tires and cause excessive wear .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins