Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jermaine O'neal

Started by ColoradoHawg, April 13, 2005, 09:40:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ColoradoHawg

Jermaine O'neal said the NBA putting an age limit is racist.....

I don't know if I'm alone on this, but I think that is the biggest crock I've ever heard. He says it is black players that come out of high school to the NBA, and an age limit would put them out of work.

Jermaine, if these players are so good they can go to the NBA, surely a few years of college wouldn't hurt. What if these players tore an ACL and got cut? A high school degree doesn't go very far anymore.

Me? I think 21 should be minimum.

Amityvillehogger

I think he's just whine'n about something.  It's not racist.  Theres one way its racist.  Because all the "whiteboys" are smart and go to college. 
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Porquemada

Jermaine "Sucker Punch" O'Neal works for a company where the vast majority of it's employees are black. Maybe if the undereducated O'Neal would have attended an institute of higher learning, he would comprehend what the word "racist" really means. Consider the source - the guy's an idiot.

WindyCityHog

What a joke.  Racism IS alive in this country.....but this is NOT an example of such.  I would be offended by O'Neal's cooments if I were black.....He's saying that black kids can't compete otherwise.....What a crock.

rricha

This is a good message board why make it racist because what Jeramine O'Neal said.  That is his opinion and he does not use the site.

Porquemada

Quote from: rricha on April 13, 2005, 07:55:24 pm
This is a good message board why make it racist because what Jeramine O'Neal said.  That is his opinion and he does not use the site.
Who's making it racist?     And I doubt 1% of the people discussed on this board use this board. So your point is moot. Jermaine O'Neal is being racist without even realizing it. Racist is also thinking that every time something bad happens to a particular group of people, someone in that group automatically assumes it is happening to them because they are a member of said group.

rricha

maniax22bolts20

The only thing racist is the fact that thugs like Jermaine are not in prison WORKING for thier meals instead of bitching about how racist the "elite" basketball league is that pays them tens of millions of $. And we wonder why USA Basketball has become a whisper of its former power...
Talk about racism. Larry Bird was a key instrumental player in getting an NBA franchise put back into North Carolina. As decision to grant Charlotte a second chance became final and the announcement neared, Bird was removed from the ownership and organization group and replaced by none other than the head of Black Entertainment Television ! Can you fricking imagine the uproar and likely open riots if the reverse had happened !! ?

Porquemada

April 13, 2005, 09:24:45 pm #8 Last Edit: April 13, 2005, 10:38:40 pm by Pork'n Beans
Quote from: rricha on April 13, 2005, 08:24:42 pm
you
You don't know what the phuck you are talking about. The NBA has made hundreds of blacks millionaires and they are being accused by a black of being racist. It's like calling Black Entertainment Television racist. It is by it's name alone.

Porquemada

Quote from: rricha on April 13, 2005, 07:55:24 pm
he does not use the site.
Maybe you should follow his lead.

rricha

ColoradoHawg

It's not like the NBA BOD sat down and said, 'by gosh golly, there are too many black players in the NBA...lets make an age limitation just to keep young black men out.' That would have been racist.

Broken Trigger

It sounds to me like O'neal is the only one who is racist.  He is just trying to get something stirred up.  I wonder if just maybe, possibly that someone might be thinking about bringing back some zest to the college game by making the potentially BEST college players at least go to school for a couple of years.  Oh, surely that couldn't by why they are discussing.  Racism is the only logical answer.   Hey.......Jermaine O'Neal..............just shut up.

maniax22bolts20

Exactly.Razorback Rick speaketh the truth.