Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2 teams in Chickendale?

Started by PorcineSublime, November 09, 2004, 08:56:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PorcineSublime

Was reading the paper this morning about the Bulldogs dream season, and the writer was talking about the upcoming split of the team once the new high school is open. Why would this be necessarily so? Why couldn't they have a west and main campus like Fayetteville? Maybe I'm an idiot, but does the AAA have a rules against this? Seems like tradition should count for something. Maybe not. :-\
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

Lt.Dangle

They went over that option and our growth is just to large to do it like that. As much as i hate it we need two schools badly.

Hogtopia

In another 8 years, we'll have 3 teams. With the decided LACK of pure talent year in and year out in Springdale, I think if we can get the right coaches, all three teams will still be contenders each year. Springdale has depended more on coaching than talent...

Lt.Dangle

Yea were jus some slow white boys who play hard and have good coaches. :)

PorcineSublime

Quote from: Lt.Dangle on November 11, 2004, 11:09:18 am
Yea right. ;) And all Junior QB's get schollie offers before they even start a HS game ;D

Lt.Dangle

Quote from: PorcineSublime on November 12, 2004, 01:33:51 pm
Quote from: Lt.Dangle on November 11, 2004, 11:09:18 am
Yea right. ;) And all Junior QB's get schollie offers before they even start a HS game ;D
shhh im tryin to keep them believing lol

rcooper

Har-ber needs a stadium.  Has anybody heard if there is even any discussion on this??

PorcineSublime

Quote from: rcooper on May 11, 2005, 08:37:00 am
Har-ber needs a stadium.  Has anybody heard if there is even any discussion on this??

For years Southside split Mayo-Thompson with Northside in Fort Smith. It is a fairly easy workaround, just can't have both teams in town on any given Friday unless they are playing each other.

Hogtopia

Quote from: PorcineSublime on May 15, 2005, 12:13:11 pm

For years Southside split Mayo-Thompson with Northside in Fort Smith. It is a fairly easy workaround, just can't have both teams in town on any given Friday unless they are playing each other.

I agree. It will work for VERY few years though. By 2012 Springdale is to have a third school. How do you split a field between three schools?

hambone

Quote from: Hogtopia on May 15, 2005, 10:11:22 pm
Quote from: PorcineSublime on May 15, 2005, 12:13:11 pm
Har-ber needs a stadium. Has anybody heard if there is even any discussion on this??

I agree. It will work for VERY few years though. By 2012 Springdale is to have a third school. How do you split a field between three schools?

I live in Shreveport, LA.  We must have 10 highschools and only 2 stadiums.  That's right, only two stadium.  Half the teams play on the road.  Half play at home.  They play varsity games on Thursday AND Friday nights.  Throw in a few open dates here and there and that's how they do it.  If every little podunk town arround can afford to have a stadium, how come Shreveport only has 2?  Beats me.  But, I do think you lose something when you don't have a "home" stadium.  Namely, you lose home field advantage.

bao187

who is Springdale Har-ber i ahve never heard of them are they new or what?
Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

HoggerNocker

Last year was their first year as a school, but this is their first year for varsity Football.  They played basketball last year as well as the sports besides football.

oldfart

won their very first varsity football game this last weekend

northsidegrizzly06

Bomis Hawg

Where did the majority of the Springdale players go, did some transfer to Har-Ber?

oldfart

some were transfers but im not sure how many.   I dont think there were a lot of them who transferred..

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on September 04, 2006, 05:04:26 pm
Where did the majority of the Springdale players go, did some transfer to Har-Ber?

oldfart

I think it was a school in Lawton OK but im not sure. they were behind like 18-0 and came back and won 22-21

Quote from: northsidegrizzly06 on September 04, 2006, 04:56:06 pm
Who did they play

maniax22bolts20

Quote from: oldfart on September 04, 2006, 07:29:29 pm
I think it was a school in Lawton OK but im not sure. they were behind like 18-0 and came back and won 22-21

Quote from: northsidegrizzly06 on September 04, 2006, 04:56:06 pm
Who did they play
Lawton Mac/McArthur