Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Friday report on Chase

Started by PorkBilly, August 26, 2016, 10:08:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PorkBilly

Not a good night for St George's. Briarcrest was much bigger and ready for Chase Hayden. Clearly, Briarcrest stuffed the run to make St George's throw. So, without anything official, I would estimate Chase to have 50 yards or less. He clearly was the fastest on the field. Tried numerous times to get outside since there was nothing inside, but was just run out of bounds. By middle of 4th it was 27-7, with St George's only score on the opening kick off. Wish there was something more exciting to report. Woo Pig.

Wildhog

Happens sometimes.  He'll bounce back.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

secneahog

Sounds like Lsu play calling.   Gosh, I DO NOT miss those days, when our offense was so run heavy, predictable. 

Remember when the crowd would cheer, when we would throw the ball.

Thank goodness for Bielema and Enos. 

Hayden won't always have eye popping stats. Doesnt matter to me, Bielema, Mitchell know their rbs.

Thanks for the tidbit tho.
I'll make sure to return the favor when me and my buddy watch Maleek Barkley in Austin.  Wake up and go to Ft Worth. Beat TCU!!
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

FiveIronFrenzy

Quote from: PorkBilly on August 26, 2016, 10:08:07 pm
Not a good night for St George's. Briarcrest was much bigger and ready for Chase Hayden. Clearly, Briarcrest stuffed the run to make St George's throw. So, without anything official, I would estimate Chase to have 50 yards or less. He clearly was the fastest on the field. Tried numerous times to get outside since there was nothing inside, but was just run out of bounds. By middle of 4th it was 27-7, with St George's only score on the opening kick off. Wish there was something more exciting to report. Woo Pig.

Long-time lurker, first time poster.  Thanks for having me. 

I was at the game and the OP was right.  Probably about 50 yards and BCHS game planned for him.  Here are a few more observations:

- The OLine he was running behind is 6'1" 230 / 5'11" 180 / 6'0" 190 / 6'0" 190.  These are WR sizes and this is just a sample of their STARTING Oline. 
- As a result of the small line and lack of push, they mostly ran him on what looked to be read options out of the shotgun formation.  And he would go off-tackle and try to use his speed to get around the edge.  The few times he ran between the tackles he was stuffed immediately.
- He had a nice 40 yard run and another 10 yard run taken away due to holding penalties
- He was not used at all for PR or KR
- He played CB on defense and I didn't see them throw to his man all night.  He made two or three tackles on defense but they mostly avoided him. 

After having seen St. G's Oline, I am absolutely stunned that he had 245 rushing yards in week #1.  He was clearly the best athlete on the field but the game plan took him out of it.  BCHS's running back had the better night, probably had 100+ yards.

HardingHog

Quote from: FiveIronFrenzy on August 27, 2016, 04:41:56 pm

- The OLine he was running behind is 6'1" 230 / 5'11" 180 / 6'0" 190 / 6'0" 190.  These are WR sizes and this is just a sample of their STARTING Oline. 

WOW!! I don't care how small your school is, those are some tiny linemen! I hope he doesn't get killed playing behind those guys this year!

PorkBilly

A couple of other notes to add to previous poster...the DT for BC was also a running back for them:  6-2/ 260. The kicker for BC easily handled 50 yards during warm up and 2nd half. I also live close to BC guard who is a junior at 6-3 250. (Both parents are OMiss grads). Two of the St G coaches.....Aaron Hayden and Barry Brunetti. It was a packed house.

secneahog

I see why some kids transfer high schools now. 
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Dirttrackhog

ill be going to the ECS game on September 9th,  hope he has a better night.  Everything I read or watched said they kept him East and West.  Still proud to have him as a commit.

jackflash

Can his team pass the ball at all?

FiveIronFrenzy

Quote from: jackflash on August 31, 2016, 09:03:38 am
Can his team pass the ball at all?

I'm no coach, but to me it all hinged on the OLine, they couldn't pass block or run block.