Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chase Hayden-Running Back Officially 247 Composite 4-star

Started by zcpears, August 23, 2016, 05:04:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Vantage 8 dude

August 23, 2016, 05:28:53 pm #1 Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 10:20:45 am by Vantage 8 dude
Quote from: zcpears on August 23, 2016, 05:04:00 pm
http://247sports.com/player/chase-hayden-77191
Not surprised in the least. IMO should have been there all along. BTW anyone else notice that according to 24/7 he's considered the #4 All Purpose Back but yet in the state of Tennessee he's only considered the #10 overall player? Either there must be a HUGE increase in the usual quality of talent throughout the Volunteer State this particular year OR the the nine kids ahead of him must be other worldly. Something doesn't add up based on what we normally see to our east. 

WooPig90

Wildhog

Quote from: WooPig90 on August 23, 2016, 06:18:27 pm
Moved up in Rivals from 224 to 168 as well

HUGE jump.  We're getting a good one.  Two good ones, actually, including Williams.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Bubba's Bruisers

I also noticed Brown recently got his 4th star on Rivals.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Laughing Hog

About time the star people got it together. Maybe Chase will push them to go ahead and give him the 5th............
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Laughing Hog on August 23, 2016, 08:14:38 pm
About time the star people got it together. Maybe Chase will push them to go ahead and give him the 5th............
All he has to do is repeat last Friday's performance eleven more times and he's a lead pipe lock for 5*!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 23, 2016, 08:18:38 pm
All he has to do is repeat last Friday's performance eleven more times and he's a lead pipe lock for 5*!
Nah, at that rate he might even earn a 6th.  ;)

greenie

Will be interesting to see if Maleek Williams stock rises throughout the season.  He apparently didn't get many touches as a junior, but when he did, it appears he made the best of it: 59 carries, 664 yards (~11.25 yds/carry).  Looks like he'll be the man for them this year, so will get his chance to put up some numbers that may get him more noticed.

Fired up about both Hayden and Williams.

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: Laughing Hog on August 23, 2016, 08:14:38 pm

I hope he doesnt get that 5th star. Kid seems a Hog lock and I hope he stays that way, but a 5th star can only garner more attention and offers to him from coaches across the country. He seems set on being a Hog but the less carrots he has dangling in front of him the more likely he is to stay with his commitment.

They dont give out trophies for getting the most stars on recruiting day. If the kid was 0 star it would be alright with me. He seems legit so far. Excited to have him on board.

Seebs

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on August 24, 2016, 03:10:58 am
I hope he doesnt get that 5th star. Kid seems a Hog lock and I hope he stays that way, but a 5th star can only garner more attention and offers to him from coaches across the country. He seems set on being a Hog but the less carrots he has dangling in front of him the more likely he is to stay with his commitment.

They dont give out trophies for getting the most stars on recruiting day. If the kid was 0 star it would be alright with me. He seems legit so far. Excited to have him on board.

Arkansas Self-Loathing in a nutshell.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: greenie on August 23, 2016, 11:59:30 pm
Will be interesting to see if Maleek Williams stock rises throughout the season.  He apparently didn't get many touches as a junior, but when he did, it appears he made the best of it: 59 carries, 664 yards (~11.25 yds/carry).  Looks like he'll be the man for them this year, so will get his chance to put up some numbers that may get him more noticed.

I think he had like 80+ yards in his first game..

SkeeterHawg

Quote from: Dominicanhog on August 24, 2016, 06:56:56 am
I think he had like 80+ yards in his first game..

78 yards on 14 carries in a preseason game. Regular season starts on the 26th.

King Kong

SMH

GoHogzzGo

Like Maleek mentioned above. I imagine many of our guys will get bumped up. Even if just to a higher 3 star.

Congrats to Chase on the recognition. Well deserved.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

colbs

Not sure if serious?

He already has a ton of offers and hopefully a staff isn't using a recruiting service to evaluate players for them. 

Wildhog

The only thing that potentially worries me with Chase is Tennessee coming hard after him late in the process.  Even then, I'd still think he'd stick.
1909/1964/1965/1977

OutlawHawg

When Whaley and WIlliams both run for 1,000 yards this season I doubt we'll ever have trouble landing high caliber running backs again. This system is built for guys to run.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: SkeeterHawg on August 24, 2016, 08:30:22 am
78 yards on 14 carries in a preseason game. Regular season starts on the 26th.
[/quote

He had 1 carry for 1 yard and a td and another 5 yard carry for a td.  So it's more like 12 carries for 72.  They also got to a huge lead early so they probably played younger guys.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Wildhog on August 24, 2016, 12:39:43 pm
The only thing that potentially worries me with Chase is Tennessee coming hard after him late in the process.  Even then, I'd still think he'd stick.
you would think but Dad loves BB. Nothing is 100% but Chase's commit is, like, a 98%er.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

The_Bionic_Pig

If Tennessee doesn't win 8 games with their schedule then Butch Jones may be on borrowed time.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: colbs on August 24, 2016, 12:21:07 pm
Not sure if serious?

He already has a ton of offers and hopefully a staff isn't using a recruiting service to evaluate players for them.

Then why does it matter if hes a 4 or 5 star?? We get a thread on here all "MAN I SO HOPE CHASE GETS A 5TH STAR!!!"

What does it matter? Does it help you sleep at night? Is this how you get your jollies, bc we have a 5 star player??

Just be glad the kid committed and hope he stays commited.

CFB_Fanatic

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: greenie on August 23, 2016, 11:59:30 pm

He split carries last year with a guy who went to UCF or USF.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

longpig

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on August 24, 2016, 11:19:37 pm
Then why does it matter if hes a 4 or 5 star?? We get a thread on here all "MAN I SO HOPE CHASE GETS A 5TH STAR!!!"

What does it matter? Does it help you sleep at night? Is this how you get your jollies, bc we have a 5 star player??

It sells the program, among other things.

Don't be scared, be smart.

King Kong

Quote from: longpig on August 25, 2016, 07:51:04 am

It does. And other Highly Recruited players look at Stars as well. Kids like to go where other talented players are.

Pig in the Pokey

no, to influence 16 and 17 year olds to come play for Arkansas. But, yeah, It DOESN'T matter to us at all what YOU think about it.

woodhog14

Gonzo

Pretty humorous seeing the "what does it matter" argument coming from the person who initially claimed it mattered for whatever reason

Go Hogs!

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: Gonzo on August 25, 2016, 09:54:51 pm
Pretty humorous seeing the "what does it matter" argument coming from the person who initially claimed it mattered for whatever reason

Go Hogs!

It doesnt matter though. Last I checked they dont hand out the trophy in February. Of course the star gazers on here say otherwise.

I just made the point that if it matters in the faintest it could hurt as much as it helps

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: King Kong on August 25, 2016, 08:19:07 am
It does. And other Highly Recruited players look at Stars as well. Kids like to go where other talented players are.

Quote from: longpig on August 25, 2016, 07:51:04 am

WINNING sells the program. Thats the bottom line.

The players will go where they think they can win.

Gonzo

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on August 25, 2016, 10:30:40 pm
It doesnt matter though. Last I checked they dont hand out the trophy in February. Of course the star gazers on here say otherwise.

I just made the point that if it matters in the faintest it could hurt as much as it helps

Lol.    If it doesn't matter, why do you care what another fan thinks? Do you normally spend this much effort trying to convince others about things that don't matter?

Go Hogs!

jgphillips3

Has anyone else noticed that committing to Arkansas no longer kills your chance of becoming a 4 star?  Coach B absolutely has an eye for talent. 

Wildhog

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on August 25, 2016, 10:32:22 pm

Agreed.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on August 25, 2016, 10:32:22 pm

You will never get the people you are arguing with to buy that.  Jeff Long had spoken. 

Next thread they will be preaching stars don't matter but right now stars matter because they "sell the program".

Other than that no player we have committed is ours until the sign the LOI and even then they have to make it to campus.  Then it's a yearly question, and it's not worth worrying about.

pigskenG

It's a good recruiting year in Tennessee, and the Vols are still going out of state.  Sometimes I look a tape of a player and he immediately reminds me of a past or present player. Chase Hayden sure reminds me of Barry Sanders.

Hawgar The Horrible

I am convinced the vast majority on this board do not comprehend what star ratings actually represent.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

Wildhog

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on August 26, 2016, 03:48:42 pm
I am convinced the vast majority on this board do not comprehend what star ratings actually represent.

By all means, do tell.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Hawgar The Horrible

Wildhog

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on August 26, 2016, 03:56:39 pm
Tell me what a five star recruit is projected to do.

I thought you were going to explain what the star rating system is?  No?
1909/1964/1965/1977

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: Wildhog on August 26, 2016, 03:59:49 pm
I thought you were going to explain what the star rating system is?  No?

Yep. By correcting you when you answer my question.

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on August 26, 2016, 03:48:42 pm

Probably everyone but one and nobody believes that one is right. LOL! 

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: Wildhog on August 26, 2016, 04:01:59 pm
So, no.  Got it.

I'm the teacher. You're the pupil. I know the answer. Show me you do to.

Wildhog

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on August 26, 2016, 04:11:04 pm

I'm ignernt.  You have to learn me.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on August 26, 2016, 04:11:04 pm

Please tell me this is sarcasm.  If not, wow....

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: Wildhog on August 26, 2016, 04:15:18 pm
I'm ignernt.  You have to learn me.

5 Star - Projected to be an immediate, first year, impact player based upon his physical and mental development.

Bama stacks up 5 star D-linemen like chord wood. The odds of a true Freshman 5 star DT making an immediate impact at Bama = zilch.

The nearest comparison at Arkansas is Sosa. He is going to make an impact, but he ain't going to take over the world because the Hogs are fairly deep as well.

What we needed last recruiting class was a 5 star OT, but - for the most part - they do not exist. Why? Because the O-line is one of, if not the most difficult positions to learn. There ain't no such thing as a badass, true freshman, OT and evaluators aren't going to slap the 5 star designation on them knowing as much.