Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Question????

Started by 3putthog, June 14, 2014, 11:13:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

3putthog

Why can I hit a 3 wood 260-270 off the tee but get up there with a driver and get to maybe that if not shorter??

GolfNut57

Quote from: 3putthog on June 14, 2014, 11:13:11 pm
Why can I hit a 3 wood 260-270 off the tee but get up there with a driver and get to maybe that if not shorter??

If you hit the 3W that far why even have a driver you don't hit as well in the bag? Remove the driver and add another wedge to fill in a yardage gap you may have.

But in answer to your question. My guess would be that the 3W being a shorter club than your driver, it makes it easier to control. Meaning that you hit the sweet spot more often. And with the added loft of that club vs the driver, the ball stays airborne longer thus going farther. Jmo though.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Pulled(PP)pork

is your 3w for sale??

PP

3putthog

Oh the driver hasn't been in the bag all season, I'm done with a driver, just lookin for some feedback. I've tried numerous head/shaft combos just can't find anything that I don't balloon to the moon. I'm sure it's my swing, but was just lookin for why I can hit something that may be an inch shorter with 5 or so degrees more loft with good trajectory and all that business but you add that inch and take away that loft and I hit spin crazy moon shots.

And I was kind of bored and waiting for some good smart a$$ comments lol

Sure PP I got 3 different 3 woods I'll sell ya lol

rickm1976

I don't know, but it really sounds to me like you have the wrong shaft in your driver.  If you hit a 3 wood that far, you probably should be hitting a S or X flex in your driver.  Sometimes, if I hit a driver with too soft shaft flex, I will sky the ball too, and lose distance.  The funny thing is, if you hit one that is too stiff, you will lose distance too.

Hawgndaaz

3 woods are typically hotter these days than drivers, because they aren't regulated like drivers.

Also, stock drivers suck.

3putthog

That's the thing I've hit a bunch of different heads and bunch of different shafts in a bunch of different heads just can't seem to find one that I can hit.
Hawgndaaz I actually bought a Callaway from u a few years ago, I don't even remember what it was but I think it had the Fubuki in it.

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: 3putthog on June 17, 2014, 03:28:22 pm
That's the thing I've hit a bunch of different heads and bunch of different shafts in a bunch of different heads just can't seem to find one that I can hit.
Hawgndaaz I actually bought a Callaway from u a few years ago, I don't even remember what it was but I think it had the Fubuki in it.

yep, I remember!