Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Grips

Started by 3putt, May 21, 2012, 08:56:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

3putt

May 21, 2012, 08:56:45 am Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 09:27:53 am by 3putt
Alright, I'm getting new grips and have just about decided to break down and spend the money on iomics.  My question is, which one?  X-grip, evolution, sticky, sticky 2.3, fusion?  What's the best?  That's alot of $$ to spend and not get the best choice.  I am looking for the MOST grip possible.  In the heat of summer, I don't want to feel like I have to strangle the club to keep it from flying 50 yards down the fairway when I swing.  I would ask Gotya but he's probably 5000 feet up in the clouds (I mean physically...not just his head in the clouds!) so anybody else who's used them and can help, it would be greatly appreciated. 

Dillar Dog

I've been using lamkin n-dur 3 Gens.  They work great in this heat and humidity that I play in.

kingofdequeen

Iomic Sticky 2.3's or Golf Price Multicompounds.

Spend the extra money on the Iomics and save money on gloves - you can go gloveless w/ these things or keep wearing one, just won't have to buy as many b/c these don't tear them up.  They're worth it.

Somewhere, Gotya is gleaming with pride.

3putt

May 21, 2012, 10:37:27 am #3 Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 10:45:01 am by kingofdequeen
Quote from: kingofdequeen on May 21, 2012, 10:24:56 am

Gotya, when you land I'd like to get your opinion as the resident expert on iomics.  Otherwise, I'm pulling the trigger on some 2.3's this afternoon.  Thanks KOD for the response.  I'll let you know how I like them.

MOD EDIT to protect the innocent and the not so...

gotyacovered

May 21, 2012, 01:08:18 pm #4 Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 02:08:22 pm by gotyacovered
Quote from: kingofdequeen on May 21, 2012, 10:24:56 am
Iomic Sticky 2.3's or Golf Price Multicompounds.

Spend the extra money on the Iomics and save money on gloves - you can go gloveless w/ these things or keep wearing one, just won't have to buy as many b/c these don't tear them up.  They're worth it.

2.3's.

skip the multi's.

the lower part of them (the colored part) doesnt last any longer than the iomics.

the iomics are worth every penny. my mizzy have white ones, (i cant recommend white BTW) but for comparisons sake... i bought me some i15s thats what came on them (multi's) and at that point i had a half summer on my 3w, hybrid and wedges, all iomics and they are in better shape than the multi's at this point.

one sidenote, if you are one of those that wears out a spot on your grip, like with your thumb or something... they will wear quicker than a traditional grip, or that is my experience anyway...

and KOD, i have never been prouder.
You are what you tolerate.