Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shaved Driver Head

Started by 3putt, April 11, 2012, 08:34:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

3putt

April 11, 2012, 08:34:58 pm Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 08:36:51 pm by 3putt
Anybody know anything about this process?  I was looking at a site that claims to add 20 yards to your drives by shaving the face.  I know it would become a non-conforming club but if it worked it would be fun to play around with on the driving range.  I've got a few extra clubs laying around I could spare.  I read on another site that it was a waste of money and no performance improvements were seen after the process.  Just wondering what you knew about it.

kingofdequeen

i've only seen it offered on Ebay, and that's b/c they put the names of driver heads in their ads to get exposure.

doesn't sound to me like a reliable business.  who knows if the service even works....i wouldn't send them my clubs and money.

bplease

No. Anything newer is already pretty close to its point of failure.
Quote from: Feralhog on April 09, 2012, 07:30:33 pm
Didn't respond to the poll.  If a football coach is responsible for teaching my son morality, I'm not much of a Father.

TurboBuffalo

I've read about them, and people have said they gained 20-25 yards or whatever, but their drives also got really  wild or they hit 4-5 monster drives and the face cracked or caved in. It's basically just increasing the .cor by making the face thinner = more of a trampoline effect. A lot of drivers are designed with a bulge or roll in the face (curved) for a reason, I wouldn't trust a gimmicky shop to try and replicate that in the shaving.

HoggyWayne

I know an older guy that had that done for some ignorant reason. He was long before he had it done and he was really long after he had it done. Needless to say, he didn't get to hit it much because the face cracked.

clutch

I figure it's about like it is with softball bats. It works, but ususally the bats break pretty quickly.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: 3putt on April 11, 2012, 08:34:58 pm
Anybody know anything about this process?  I was looking at a site that claims to add 20 yards to your drives by shaving the face.  I know it would become a non-conforming club but if it worked it would be fun to play around with on the driving range.  I've got a few extra clubs laying around I could spare.  I read on another site that it was a waste of money and no performance improvements were seen after the process.  Just wondering what you knew about it.
put some crisco on the clubface and get the same results, no damage to the club

Pulled out...

Wildhog

Just rub a little snot on the ball.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977