Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Whats Tiger gonna do? - OFFICIAL FRYS.COM / ETW Thread

Started by al2305, October 04, 2011, 07:42:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

al2305

October 04, 2011, 07:42:27 pm Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 10:24:31 am by kingofdequeen
This week...I would think since he's healthy and has been shooting 62s at home he should improve from his previous starts this year.  If not Freddie will be feelin the heat.

Hijacking this...My boy's back, and this is gonna be the O-fficial Frys.Com thread.

Pulled(PP)pork

contend for the first two days, then fade away

PP

kingofdequeen

Pulled(PP)pork

finally, I can watch golf again, if only just for this week

PP

kingofdequeen

Quote from: Pulledpork on October 06, 2011, 02:35:12 pm
finally, I can watch golf again, if only just for this week

PP

you may not be able to hit your driver, but you smoked this one.

superbly played.

kingofdequeen

kick-in for birdie on the first hole. 

on pace for 72 under, which i believe would be a record.

arkbadger

Quote from: kingofdequeen on October 06, 2011, 02:37:59 pm
kick-in for birdie on the first hole. 

on pace for 72 under, which i believe would be a record.

+1 after 5.  keep up the good work tiger
You can keep that skoal baby.

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

Pulled(PP)pork

remembering back, he was never a consistant driver, but always found a way out of trouble and could ALWAYS count on his putter.  No so anymore.

PP

al2305

His stats werent impressive but his bad shots didnt look like the old bad shots.  He shoots 2 or 3 under if he makes the putts he's supposed to make.  He said the greens were slower than he was used to putting on.  He gets first crack at the greens tomorrow no excuses.  Either way he still looks like he has a ways to go.  If TW misses the cut you will find Freddie hiding under the bed suckin his thumb.

Iwastherein1969

The long Grey line will never fail our country.

kingofdequeen

tiger's got it back to square through the front nine today.

get a couple more and he's in the mix.

kingofdequeen

Even Steven through 14 today. 

come on eldrick...get one or two coming in and be relevant this weekend.

Pulled(PP)pork

I hate to say it, but it is getting hard watching him struggle so much.....Foley is not the guy, more like making it worse.

PP

al2305

Quote from: Pulledpork on October 07, 2011, 05:27:31 pm
I hate to say it, but it is getting hard watching him struggle so much.....Foley is not the guy, more like making it worse.

PP

Well he hit 14 greens, had 6 birdies...Ive seen worse.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: al2305 on October 07, 2011, 06:23:30 pm
Well he hit 14 greens, had 6 birdies...Ive seen worse.
the man could always scramble, best I've ever seen....but could you imagine his domination if he could hit 60% of the fairways?

PP

al2305

TW has is it going -4 through 7, T9th at the moment. Freddie is jumpin for joy.

Hot_Town_Hog

Molder with a eagle putt to win it! Birdie might do it, we will soon find out.

Pulled(PP)pork

yep, Boom Boom is breathing a sigh of relief.....whew!

PP

EastexHawg

Quote from: EastexHawg on October 10, 2011, 10:20:25 am
Over a tie for 30th in an October event?
No over the fact that he made some good putts, was hitting some nice 3/4 approaches, hit a few more fairways and over all played better than he has in a while. I'm not really concerned that you're not impressed and I doubt that Freddie or Tiger lose much sleep over it either.

EastexHawg

Quote from: 71832 on October 10, 2011, 11:46:35 am
No over the fact that he made some good putts, was hitting some nice 3/4 approaches, hit a few more fairways and over all played better than he has in a while. I'm not really concerned that you're not impressed and I doubt that Freddie or Tiger lose much sleep over it either.

Okay, got it.  Now the bar has been lowered to making the cut and finishing within 10 shots of the lead. 

kingofdequeen

Quote from: EastexHawg on October 10, 2011, 03:51:48 pm
Okay, got it.  Now the bar has been lowered to making the cut and finishing within 10 shots of the lead. 

Haters wanna hate.

Best ever to finish 10 shots out.

EastexHawg

Quote from: kingofdequeen on October 10, 2011, 04:07:24 pm
Best ever to finish 10 shots out.

LOL.

I can't argue with that.  I think the question is, does he keep working as hard as he can to try to get it back, or at some point does he say, "Screw this.  I'm Tiger *** Woods and I'm not interested in working my way back to being 'one of' the good players and a guy who has to get a captain's pick"?

Quote from: EastexHawg on October 10, 2011, 07:14:51 pm

I can't argue with that.  I think the question is, does he keep working as hard as he can to try to get it back, or at some point does he say, "Screw this.  I'm Tiger *** Woods and I'm not interested in working my way back to being 'one of' the good players and a guy who has to get a captain's pick"?
This is a very good question that only time can answer. While you may not be any more concerned over my opinion than I previously was with your's, I also wonder which way he will jump.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: EastexHawg on October 10, 2011, 10:20:25 am
Over a tie for 30th in an October event?
if you really have to ask, you are too stupid to understand

PP

Hawgon

Pay close attention to the book on the new Tiger. He has showed it to us for a year or so already.  If he plays well enough to make the cut, but is too far back to have any realistic shot of winning, he will light it up on Sunday and shoot something like -4.  If, on the other hand, he is in contention, he will stink it up.

Pressure, it is a bitch for the mere mortals and Tiger is more mortal than most these days.

al2305

Quote from: Hawgon on October 11, 2011, 02:13:03 pm
Pay close attention to the book on the new Tiger. He has showed it to us for a year or so already.  If he plays well enough to make the cut, but is too far back to have any realistic shot of winning, he will light it up on Sunday and shoot something like -4.  If, on the other hand, he is in contention, he will stink it up.

Pressure, it is a bitch for the mere mortals and Tiger is more mortal than most these days.

Pressure affects u more when ur less confident and unsure of ur game.  With tiger between his swing, leg, and personal life, he was unsure of everything.  I think next year will really show where he is headed.  By then he will have hit god only knows how many balls being healthy with his new swing.  If he sucks next year it could mean he's not gonna ever make it back.  But usually when everyone thinks he cant do something, he usually does it so who knows.  Good luck predicting what's gonna happen next with him.

EastexHawg

Quote from: Pulledpork on October 11, 2011, 12:28:52 pm
if you really have to ask, you are too stupid to understand

PP

I understand that he shot 73-68-68-68 on an extremely easy course.  I assume you are referring to the three straight 68s as evidence of some sort.  I suggest you look at how low the rest of the field went as well.

Hence the tie for 30th. 

When the best three 68s can get you is to within ten shots of the playoff...the course isn't exactly Oakmont difficult.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: EastexHawg on October 14, 2011, 09:26:39 am
I understand that he shot 73-68-68-68 on an extremely easy course.  I assume you are referring to the three straight 68s as evidence of some sort.  I suggest you look at how low the rest of the field went as well.

Hence the tie for 30th. 

When the best three 68s can get you is to within ten shots of the playoff...the course isn't exactly Oakmont difficult.
yet finished ahead of dozens of others who have been playing all year, non-stop.  It's ok, you can let go of your hate and acknowledge that he did what most thought he probably couldn't.  He eased Boom Boom's mind and will probably score some points in the President's Cup, and that will further piss you off, lol

PP