Previous topic - Next topic

Should Golf Be In The Olympics?

Yes
3 (27.3%)
No
8 (72.7%)

Total Members Voted: 11

95_alum

Can someone please convince me that the "game" of golf belongs in the Olympics? I'm not buyin' it. However, should the IOC make it an Olympic "sport", they should get rid of curling.
I would love to see the country of Jamaica send a couple of golfers to the 2016 games. I can see it now: tokin' on a big fat stogie and throwing back multiple ice cold Red Stripes on the back nine.

http://www.golfdigest.com/magazine/blogs/localknowledge/2008/07/golf-and-the-ol.html

PorcineSublime

If we can't have baseball, I see no place for golf. Don't get me wrong, I love playing golf. I just see the olympics as more of a track & field and swimming kind of thing.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

95_alum

Quote from: PorcineSublime on July 20, 2008, 11:42:54 am
If we can't have baseball, I see no place for golf. Don't get me wrong, I love playing golf. I just see the olympics as more of a track & field and swimming kind of thing.

Indeed.
Though, I'd put golf in place of badminton and ping-pong.

HamShank

No.  PLEASE no.  We have the Ryder Cup and the President's Cup.  We don't need no stinkin' 'lympics! 

Besides, which country could ever beat the US?  Ever?  England?  No.  Australia?  South Africa?  No and no.  They have to use the whole of Europe and "the rest of the world" to make the Ryder and President's interesting.  Keep golf out of the olympics.