Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tony Stewart ?

Started by ImHogginIt, July 20, 2015, 11:04:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ImHogginIt

I don't get it. Harvick and Busch are fast virtually every week yet Tony struggles for speed. You would think he could get at least one good car every few races. I don't like the guy and it makes the sport that much more boring when he is a non factor that nobody talks about.

Doyle Hograves

Quote from: ImHogginIt on July 20, 2015, 11:04:33 am
I don't get it. Harvick and Busch are fast virtually every week yet Tony struggles for speed. You would think he could get at least one good car every few races. I don't like the guy and it makes the sport that much more boring when he is a non factor that nobody talks about.

He hasn't been much of a factor since he killed that guy last year...
***Proud Champion of the Tavern's March Maddest 2021 Tournament***

Quote from: Throwback1 on May 07, 2008, 02:11:15 pm
topic says "President"..I can assure you he knew what he was typing.

Flying Razorback

Quote from: ArkieRebel on July 20, 2015, 02:16:06 pm

I'll go back one year farther.  He's only had 1 or 2 Top 10's in the 2 years since he broke his leg.
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

Racinray

He needs to put someone in the car and just be a car owner. I've always liked TS just for his outspoken ways.

ImHogginIt

Seriously though. He's the owner. Surely he can demand a car that has some speed every few races. I really don't understand. He's Tony Stewart. One of the biggest egomaniacs in racing !!!

riccoar

Quote from: ArkieRebel on July 20, 2015, 02:16:06 pm
Hard to argue this or even try and downplay it.  That would mess with anyone hard.

TheRazorback500

Quote from: riccoar on July 21, 2015, 01:21:49 pm
Hard to argue this or even try and downplay it.  That would mess with anyone hard.
Very true. He seemed much more subdued in the interview I saw with him before the Brickyard.

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

ImHogginIt

Quote from: TheRazorback500 on August 02, 2015, 11:25:02 am
Very true. He seemed much more subdued in the interview I saw with him before the Brickyard.

:razorback:

After the sprint car guy died I bet Tony's marketing advisers have continued to coach him on becoming more humble and mellow.