Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Roush Fenway Racing WTH ?

Started by ImHogginIt, April 18, 2015, 12:47:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ImHogginIt

How can they be so awful these days ? Look where their drivers are starting tomorrow and their practice speeds are all horrible this weekend. I'm shocked at how awful this organization has become.

Flying Razorback

It's true.  And yet, somehow I out think myself when setting Fantasy lineups.  I thought too hard and ended up removing Menard and Kahne from my lineup to replace them with McMurray and even worse...  Stenhouse Jr. 

Short tracks are always a flier pick for me because I treat them like plate tracks.  Anything can happen.  However, I was mesmerized by Stenhouse's 2nd place finish and 8th place finish at Bristol last year.  Plus all the talk about "brand new Roush cars" that were built from scratch.

Of course, Kahne and Menard are tops of the speed charts in all 3 practices thus far.
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

Buff

Willing to bet Jack is too stingy with his $$

10thPlanet

Quote from: Buff on April 18, 2015, 02:03:23 pm
Willing to bet Jack is too stingy with his $$
I am thinking you're right...

RAD

I dont know the reason, but I think Kenseth and Edwards jumped ship bc they saw the writing on the wall. Some of the "power teams" hit a slump, and some never fully recover.

Ive read many times how the die-hard Roush supporters brag about how he can read a spark plug while Hendrick couldnt even change his own flat tire. Its a ridiculous argument, yet it seems to be a common one.

Roush is certainly a very intelligent person, knows his way around an engine, and has the money. But theres more to being a multi-team owner. Why its not working right now on the larger scale, I dont know.

riccoar

Roush is definitely a tech guy and knows his way around engines.  I think it's more business, not near the big sponsors, and being way too stingy with the $$$$.

holeinthewall

Quote from: RAD on April 20, 2015, 06:18:32 pm
I dont know the reason, but I think Kenseth and Edwards jumped ship bc they saw the writing on the wall. Some of the "power teams" hit a slump, and some never fully recover.

Ive read many times how the die-hard Roush supporters brag about how he can read a spark plug while Hendrick couldnt even change his own flat tire. Its a ridiculous argument, yet it seems to be a common one.

Roush is certainly a very intelligent person, knows his way around an engine, and has the money. But theres more to being a multi-team owner. Why its not working right now on the larger scale, I dont know.

Carl ran better last year at Roush than he has this year. Kenseth just broke a 51 race winless streak. JGR is behind Penske and Hendrick and Stewart Hass. If carl was smart he would have taken his sponsorship $$$$ to Penske.