Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DIRT TRACKS IN ARKANSAS

Started by DirtTrackFan, April 02, 2015, 01:21:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DirtTrackFan

April 02, 2015, 01:21:24 pm Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 11:45:16 pm by DirtTrackFan
Tophawg19 asked sometime ago on here for a description of all the Arakansas dirt tracks - I enjoy doing this kind of stuff so I'll take a swing at it ;D
All Arkansas stock car tracks are Ovals, some are are almost pure oval, some are 'D' shaped and some are described as 'paper clips' for their long narrow form.  Lengths vary as do measuring assesments, some are measured in the middle, some at top of oval, some at the bottom
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CRAWFORD COUNTY SPEEDWAY hwy 59 north of Van Buren -  3/8 mile D-shaped oval, semi banked dirt & clay, pretty fast in the straightaways, has been in operation since the 60's.

YELLVILLE ( usually known as North Central Ark. Speedway ) east of the town on hwy. 62 - 3/8 mile paper clip shaped, semi banked dirt & clay, smooth racing on fast straights, owner passed away this past winter and track is currently for sale.

BATESVILLE SPEEDWAY @ Locust Grove - 3/8 mile nicely shaped oval, well banked clay & gumbo dirt, corners are so well rounded drivers can pretty well hold it on the floor all the way around track.

CROWLEYS RIDGE SPEEDWAY Hwy 351 southwest of Paragould - Very tight 1/4 mile somewhat paper clip shape, semi banked dirt & clay, fast with lots of action.

NORTHEAST ARK. SPEEDWAY northeast of Harrisburg on Raceway Rd. - 1/4 mile D shaped/bit of paper clip oval, semi banked dirt & clay, very fast racey track that always has plenty of cars.

RIVERSIDE INT'L SPEEDWAY West Memphis on east side of town just south of hwy 70/79 and the interstate - spacious 1/4 mile oval, very well banked gumbo, great place to see Sprint Cars and another track thats been there for years.

PLUMERVILLE SUPER SPEEDWAY east of town on hwy 64 - 1/4 mile oval, semi banked dirt & clay, good watching in the corners, fast straights, great bull-ring for Modifieds.

CENTERVILLE SUPER SPEEDWAY on Petillo Hill Rd. just s.w. of town - roomy 1/4 mile oval, well banked clay & dirt, runs several classes of cars and can be good show.

I-30 SPEEDWAY county line @ Alexander on side of freeway - elongated 1/4 mile oval, lots of banking with mostly clay surface, is nick-named ' Hammer Hill ' for the intense racing.

WARREN SPEEDWAY southwest of town on county road 7 - 1/4 mile somewhat paper clip/has ben reshaped in recent years, semi banked mostly dirt surface, races several classes each saturday, fun racing family atmosphere.

DIAMOND PARK SPEEDWAY Hwy. 27 between Nashville & Murfreesboro - 3/8 mile oval, high banked with best red clay in the state, fast racing in the straights and thru the turns.

TEXARKANA 67 SPEEDWAY next to interstate near Homan on Mandeville Rd - 1/4 mile paper clip, semi banked dirt & clay, racey track with slightly narrow straights that makes for interesting passing.

THUNDER MOUNTAIN SUPER SPEEDWAY just west of Caddo Gap off hwy. 240 - 3/8 mile D shaped oval, high banked clay & dirt, has been closed since end of 2010 but is reopening may 2015, very fast racing on roomy high banks.

TRI STATE SPEEDWAY just over the line from Fort Smith at Pocola OK. - BIG 3/8 mile oval, high banked dirt & clay, long straights and sweeping turns. This is the track where Mark Martin & Rusty Wallace made their step up too nascar from.

Racinray

They shortened Tri State Speedway this year.

DirtTrackFan

Thanks, i have not been there since 2012, how long would you say it is now ?

DeWayne R

They said I wasn't  shortened.
When you're Black and proud it's called pride but when you're White and proud it's called racism

Racinray

Quote from: DirtTrackFan on April 02, 2015, 09:04:29 pm
Thanks, i have not been there since 2012, how long would you say it is now ?

They moved both ends in about 25 feet.

Racinray

Quote from: DeWayne R on April 02, 2015, 09:18:53 pm
They said I wasn't  shortened.

Moved both ends in and put outside walls up.

DeWayne R

Ok when you say shorten I'm thinking 1/2 to 3/8 not 15 foot in turns 3&4 and 20 foot in turns 1&2.
When you're Black and proud it's called pride but when you're White and proud it's called racism

tophawg19

thanks . good racing around the state and also just across the line in a couple other states close by
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Racinray

Quote from: DeWayne R on April 03, 2015, 05:08:43 pm
Ok when you say shorten I'm thinking 1/2 to 3/8 not 15 foot in turns 3&4 and 20 foot in turns 1&2.
and the track is VERY rough and needs alot of work. Not bashing what he has done, just a long way to go.

DeWayne R

It will take a while for the new lay to lay down right. Give it time it will get there. I just need to make a trip back up there sometime. Haven't been there since 1985.

pick_DA_EAGLES

How did it go at plummervile tonight?

DirtTrackFan

For an opening night it went well, the fans were happy with the racing and they loved  the new concessions menu items (thanks too Hog Pen BBQ).  Some really good hands showed up in the Modifieds - Casey Findley, Richie Tosh, Dallas Everett, Robert Davis, etc.

Dirttrackhog

Riverside Speedway is the longest continually operating dirt track in the country.  Also Riverside and I30 have some of the best sprint car racing in the nation.  Riverside is my home track so if you would like any info on it just ask me, if you would like any info on I30 or someone to buy you a frito pie while you are there just ask ol Dewayne R.  He would be mooooorrrrrrrreeeeee than happy to help!

DeWayne R

I-30 is a good track. People running it just suck. Dirtrackhog do you run a sprint.

Dirttrackhog

you already know the answer to that racingfool32!

DirtTrackFan

Quote from: Dirttrackhog on April 09, 2015, 01:19:02 am
Riverside Speedway is the longest continually operating dirt track in the country.  Also Riverside and I30 have some of the best sprint car racing in the nation.  Riverside is my home track so if you would like any info on it just ask me, if you would like any info on I30 or someone to buy you a frito pie while you are there just ask ol Dewayne R.  He would be mooooorrrrrrrreeeeee than happy to help!

DTH - i have only been too Riverside in recent years.  A friend tells me in the 90's or so Late Model haulers parked nose to nose in the infield at Riverside, i dont see that infield being big enough for that, what do you recall.

DeWayne R

DeWayne R

Quote from: Dirttrackhog on April 10, 2015, 12:38:02 am
you already know the answer to that racingfool32!

If your not chicken sheet number?

Dirttrackhog

Onlydirtwilldo jackwagon!

Yes late model and sprint car haulers both pitted in the infield.  It use to have an inside guard rail but new ownership got rid of it and infield parking. But they would fit in nose to nose, big haulers also!  Now if it rained it was fun seeing them getting a running start and jack knife and slide through the turn 3 gate.

P.s.  Back in the day they pitted on the infield with no guardrail!