Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NFL Combine Results

Started by A Hogwork Orange, March 02, 2018, 08:48:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

A Hogwork Orange

March 02, 2018, 08:48:24 am Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 11:18:48 pm by A Hogwork Orange
I didn't see a thread for NFL combine results for the Hogs in attendance (sorry if there is one and I missed it). I got a boring day at work today so I will try to update it based on the results posted to the website. Someone feel free to take over tomorrow!

Frank Ragnow - OL35
Height - 6'5"
Weight - 309 lbs
Arms - 33 1/8"
Hands - 9 3/8"
Bench Press - 26 reps (Tied for 10th best among OL)
40 Yard Dash - Did not test
Vertical Jump - Did not test
Broad Jump - Did not test
3 Cone Drill - Did not test
20 Yard Shuttle - Did not test
60 Yard Shuttle - Did not test

Austin Allen - QB01
Height - 6'0"
Weight - 209 lbs
Arms - 30 5/8"
Hands - 9 5/8"
Bench Press - Did not test
40 Yard Dash - 4.81s
Vertical Jump - 29.5 inches
Broad Jump - 9'4"
3 Cone Drill - 7.18s
20 Yard Shuttle - 4.48s
60 Yard Shuttle - Did not test

Henre Tolliver - DB37
Height - 6'1"
Weight - 185lbs
Arms - N/A
Hands - N/A
Bench Press - 6
40 Yard Dash - 4.63s
Vertical Jump - 32.5"
Broad Jump - 9'9"
3 Cone Drill - 7.01s
20 Yard Shuttle - 4.15s
60 Yard Shuttle - 11.39s

sickboy

Dude. Not a hog, but Saquon Barkley did 29 reps on bench and had a 41" vert. That's ridiculous. That kid is going to be the next dominant NFL rb. Unless he goes to the Browns, of course.

Also, I thought Austin Allen was taller. Maybe that was just in my head.

razorbacker3

Is Ragnow participating at all, besides talking with team reps?

A Hogwork Orange

Quote from: razorbacker3 on March 02, 2018, 12:04:23 pm

It doesn't look like he is testing in anything else. I am not sure if he went through the OL drills or not because I had to step away during the drills.

AHiD

Quote from: sickboy on March 02, 2018, 11:38:28 am
Dude. Not a hog, but Saquon Barkley did 29 reps on bench and had a 41" vert. That's ridiculous. That kid is going to be the next dominant NFL rb. Unless he goes to the Browns, of course.

My gf is a PSU fan and so I watched PSU games. That dude is a freak athlete, and he put up stats with literally a garbage O-line.
My name...is Jerruh

razorbacker3

he did 26 reps on bench press, but no 40 time according to NFL combine report.

razorbacker3

he also has a 5.75 rating which means he has potential to become an NFL starter.

onebadrubi

Austin Allen has bigger hands than Ragnow.  Would have lost that bet.

ricepig

onebadrubi

Quote from: ricepig on March 02, 2018, 01:56:53 pm
SEC had slow RB's........

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/sec-runningbacks-record-40-times-2018/

That should tell people that 4.5X is not slow.  Michelle and Chubb were running away form people...

razorcash2

Yea, Barkley lives in the weight room.
He's a beast.

razorcash2

Quote from: onebadrubi on March 02, 2018, 01:00:23 pm
Austin Allen has bigger hands than Ragnow.  Would have lost that bet.
Remember...Brandon's hand were considered small...Are Austin's bigger?

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: razorbacker3 on March 02, 2018, 12:47:47 pm
he also has a 5.75 rating which means he has potential to become an NFL starter.

Potential my rear. Only thing he has potential of doing is playing in the NFL a very long time. Going to do very well.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

onebadrubi

Quote from: razorcash2 on March 02, 2018, 02:02:26 pm
Remember...Brandon's hand were considered small...Are Austin's bigger?

Just googled and saw 8.5" at the senior bowl for Brandon.  So appears Austin's are bigger.

zebradynasty

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/sec-runningbacks-record-40-times-2018/

Personally I think the SEC as a whole packs too much weight too soon on their RB's. However, the NFL frowns on 205lb running backs so everyone packs the weight on.

sickboy

Quote from: Arkansas Hog in Dallas on March 02, 2018, 12:22:48 pm
My gf is a PSU fan and so I watched PSU games. That dude is a freak athlete, and he put up stats with literally a garbage O-line.

And he just ran a 4.41 40. Wow.

onebadrubi

Quote from: sickboy on March 02, 2018, 03:18:06 pm

If he went to a team with a decent O line and any resemblance better than bottles at QB he'd excel very quick.  He may still excel early in the league

ChicoHog

Quote from: sickboy on March 02, 2018, 03:18:06 pm
And Hogville says the Big 10 is slow!  Such an outdated stereotype.  It's not about which league, it's about which team and which players.  All leagues have fast and slow players and teams. 

daprospecta

Not throwing shade but highly doubt the guy isn't juicing. He is still a gamer either way.  He was putting up crazy weight lifting numbers as a sophomore.  19 year olds shouldn't be that strong.  That is why you see many players truly show out by their junior year.  I put Vernon Davis in the same category, you don't break all the weight lifting records by your sophomore year at a P5 school like Maryland.  Not saying it can't happen but it's unlikely natural.

cypert2

Easiest position to plug a good player in the NFL is running back. Any team that wastes a high draft choice on running back is foolish.
Swinging on the two and the four.

twistitup

Quote from: cypert2 on March 02, 2018, 05:56:39 pm
Easiest position to plug a good player in the NFL is running back. Any team that wastes a high draft choice on running back is foolish.

oversimplification
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Cure

Ask Dallas about wasting a high pick on a runningback.
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

sickboy

That's foolish.

Buff

Quote from: Cure on March 02, 2018, 06:17:57 pm

Zeke's been a battering ram since Dallas signed him.  Dude's done pretty good ON the field as well.

SpineHog

Quote from: Buff on March 02, 2018, 06:22:21 pm
Zeke's been a battering ram since Dallas signed him.  Dude's done pretty good ON the field as well.

+1

Vantage 8 dude

No, that was DALTON that was taller. (Sorry, I just honestly couldn't resist ;) :))

SooieGeneris

Kerryon Johnson must be still less than 100% with that ankle or whatever leg injury he suffered late in the 'Bama game, 'cause he is NOT slow. No way Chubb is that much faster than he is normally.

Maybe he had some of that Aubarn recruiting $$$ stuffed in his shorts, weighing him down..
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

hawginbigd1

Quote from: SooieGeneris on March 02, 2018, 08:29:12 pm
Kerryon Johnson must be still less than 100% with that ankle or whatever leg injury he suffered late in the 'Bama game, 'cause he is NOT slow. No way Chubb is that much faster than he is normally.

Maybe he had some of that Aubarn recruiting $$$ stuffed in his shorts, weighing him down..
Before his injury Chubb was legit sub 4.4, and he has just looked better and better the longer he gets away from that injury. I never thought Johnson was a speed guy, he was more of a Glider, ala Cadillac Williams, quick stop and start, and doesn't lose speed on a cut, but never really a speed back IMO.

bennyl08

Man, I'm almost always the one to start this thread. Been too busy to even realize the combine had already happened.

Thanks for picking up the slack.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

RebHog

Quote from: SooieGeneris on March 02, 2018, 08:29:12 pm

He didnt run the 40 you mistake him for pettway? The drills Johnson did do he wasnt impressive in any of them.

cypert2

Quote from: Cure on March 02, 2018, 06:17:57 pm
And where has Elliot gotten them?
Swinging on the two and the four.

1highhog

Quote from: onebadrubi on March 02, 2018, 02:06:08 pm
Just googled and saw 8.5" at the senior bowl for Brandon.  So appears Austin's are bigger.

I never realized how small these guys hands were, they did good I guess holding onto the ball as good as they did, especially as many times as they got hit.  My hands measure 10 1/8", and I'm just 6' 2" and 212, so not a big guy.

bennyl08

Got a give a shoutout to Ryan Nall as well. The only player worth watching on offense with the beavers.

6'2 234 pounds, ran a 4.58 forty, 15 reps on the bench, 33" vert, 10'2" broad, 6.95 3cone, and a 4.16 shuttle.

Saquan going to the browns would admittedly be disappointing, but could imagine the browns with a white Peyton Hillis?
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Pig in the Pokey

well, of course he's going to the browns. they get him #1 and the leftover out of teh big 3 QBs at #4.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

A Hogwork Orange

Quote from: bennyl08 on March 03, 2018, 12:39:15 am
Got a give a shoutout to Ryan Nall as well. The only player worth watching on offense with the beavers.

6'2 234 pounds, ran a 4.58 forty, 15 reps on the bench, 33" vert, 10'2" broad, 6.95 3cone, and a 4.16 shuttle.

Saquan going to the browns would admittedly be disappointing, but could imagine the browns with a white Peyton Hillis?

I'm pretty sure Peyton Hillis was white.

A Hogwork Orange

Updated with the current info from the combine website. Not sure why it isn't showing Toliver's hand and arm measurements.

RME

Quote from: cypert2 on March 02, 2018, 10:12:31 pm

Is football a one-man sport?

Pro Bowl (2016)
First-team All-Pro (2016)
PFWA All-Rookie Team (2016)
NFL rushing yards leader (2016)

That's what he's "gotten them" in a short 2 years shortened by Goodell on a power trip. Statistically, not a bad way to start an NFL career.

rhames

He got them pretty far in 2016.

He missed a big chunk of the season and injuries to the oline set them back in 2017.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

booogaga

Quote from: razorbacker3 on March 02, 2018, 12:04:23 pm

I imagine he is still healing and will participate in all other testing at the Razorback pro day.
GO HOGS!

A Hogwork Orange

Toliver with a 4.64 unofficial 40.

lahhog

Quote from: zebradynasty on March 02, 2018, 02:11:28 pm
Personally I think the SEC as a whole packs too much weight too soon on their RB's. However, the NFL frowns on 205lb running backs so everyone packs the weight on.

Generally, RBs in the SEC will be subjected to a bit more damage so I assume they put the weight on in order to be able to take the hits. No doubt it will negatively effect speed, but Oregon RBs aren't worried about getting hit by BAMA or LSU linebackers so they have no need to get up to 215lbs.

rljjr

Looks like Austin had a pretty good day, all things considered. I haven't heard how he looked throwing, but he competed well in the other drills he participated in for the most part.

swinemaster

In the one year he has played a full season it got them to 13-3.  Then the Dez catch was taken away in Lambeau or else they would have advanced in the playoffs. 

Where you asking a serious question?

#1 STUNNA

look at Alabamas defensive backs at the combine and then look at ours... thats the problem..

ricepig

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on March 05, 2018, 02:50:17 pm
look at Alabamas defensive backs at the combine and then look at ours... thats the problem..

Or LSU's, they ran 4.3's.

AirWarren

Quote from: ricepig on March 05, 2018, 02:51:14 pm
Or LSU's, they ran 4.3's.

Heck the kid who is the linebacker at UCF RAN 4.3!!!!

311Hog

Quote from: AP85 on March 05, 2018, 02:54:31 pm
Heck the kid who is the linebacker at UCF RAN 4.3!!!!

unfair less wind drag he only has one hand....

btw that kid is my new hero, he also benched 20 reps i think or 25 that is monster man i hope someone gives that kid a chance in the league.

#1 STUNNA

Alabama DBs alone in this draft.. 4.36, 4.35, 4.47
Their 230lb Running back ran a 4.52 with a 40' vertical..

and our 185lb DB is running a 4.63 40...

outlawhogeywells

Quote from: booogaga on March 05, 2018, 09:24:49 am
I imagine he is still healing and will participate in all other testing at the Razorback pro day.
He was on Mattingly's show the other day and said he would do the interviews but not participate in many drills.  Said he would do his drills at the Arkansas Pro Day

AirWarren

Quote from: 311Hog on March 05, 2018, 02:58:57 pm
unfair less wind drag he only has one hand....

btw that kid is my new hero, he also benched 20 reps i think or 25 that is monster man i hope someone gives that kid a chance in the league.

Agreed. Dude is awesome.

Puts in perspective all the people in the world who say "I can't".