Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best Day of the Year to be a Hog Fan

Started by Bacon_Bitz, March 01, 2018, 09:33:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Bacon_Bitz

Today is one of the best days of the year to be a Hog fan every year.  Usually, the b-ball team is making a late season push for the NCAA tournament and looking good enough to convince yourself they might return to the Sweet 16, the baseball team is beating up on early season cream puffs, and the first day of spring football practice brings unrealistic optimism.  Reality will set in, however, and just about half a year from now, when there's no basketball or baseball at all and the football team has lost some early season out-of-conference game to a Group of 5 school, we will have reached the nadir, and the cycle will start all over again.

RME

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on March 01, 2018, 09:33:16 am
Today is one of the best days of the year to be a Hog fan every year.  Usually, the b-ball team is making a late season push for the NCAA tournament and looking good enough to convince yourself they might return to the Sweet 16, the baseball team is beating up on early season cream puffs, and the first day of spring football practice brings unrealistic optimism.  Reality will set in, however, and just about half a year from now, when there's no basketball or baseball at all and the football team has lost some early season out-of-conference game to a Group of 5 school, we will have reached the nadir, and the cycle will start all over again.

You okay man?

HogPharmer

Well it's not the best day of the year to be a hog fan anymore.... Thanks for ripping the carpet out from under me.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

hawg1221

Quote from: HogPharmer on March 01, 2018, 10:00:24 am
Well it's not the best day of the year to be a hog fan anymore.... Thanks for ripping the carpet out from under me.

That's funny. The first half of the paragraph pumps you up and the other half beats you down.

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: hawg1221 on March 01, 2018, 10:13:42 am
That's funny. The first half of the paragraph pumps you up and the other half beats you down.
He really drew me in too.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

ricepig

Quote from: HogPharmer on March 01, 2018, 10:00:24 am

Well, it is National Pig Day, so we got that going for us.......

Hog_Swanson

Today is one of the best days of the year to be a Hog fan every year.  Usually, the b-ball team is making a late season push for the NCAA tournament and looking good enough to convince yourself they might return to the Sweet 16, the baseball team is beating up on early season cream puffs, and the first day of spring football practice brings unrealistic optimism. 
Had to trim the fat a little.  That's better.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

26.2Hog

Mr. Bacon_Bitz,

Why do you build me up, build me up, Buttercup,
Just to let me down, let me down, and mess me around

Sincerely,
The Foundations

Bacon_Bitz

RME

mevskithog

Quote from: 26.2Hog on March 01, 2018, 10:30:29 am
Mr. Bacon_Bitz,

Why do you build me up, build me up, Buttercup,
Just to let me down, let me down, and mess me around

Sincerely,
The Foundations
HA! I liked that ... +1

Cotton

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on March 01, 2018, 10:47:46 am
Good post, OP.

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on March 01, 2018, 09:47:18 am

You okay man?

"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

AirWarren

Lol.

Thanks for this.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

NoogaHog

Quote from: hawg1221 on March 01, 2018, 10:13:42 am
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

Razor1997

Quote from: NoogaHog on March 01, 2018, 12:04:22 pm

In case anyone didn't recognize this GIF, it's the Ole Miss home crowd after the Hunter Henry Heave on 4th and 25.

FANONTHEHILL

The excitement of the team's Twitter Page announcing that Spring Practice is here and your son is pictured, combined with the fact he's graduated and moving on.  It's a melancholy kind of day.  Best of luck to the guys and the staff as the 2018 Campaign officially begins.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

little pigee

Hate to see your worst day.  Pass the cyanide. 
It's not about the money...it's about the amount of money.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

TexHog188

Since I only read half the OP I'm good.
"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

Vantage 8 dude

Would almost make one think of a bipolar, manic-depressive entry. Totally opposite ways of looking at things at the same time ::)                 

Cotton

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Bacon_Bitz

I am as concerned about the OP as everyone else.  He doesn't seem to be right in his mind.

Cotton

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on March 02, 2018, 09:47:15 am
I am as concerned about the OP as everyone else.  He doesn't seem to be right in his mind.
Hug for you friend.

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

little pigee

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on March 02, 2018, 09:47:15 am
You go, Sybil!
It's not about the money...it's about the amount of money.