My name...is Jerruh

Tusks

aggies been aggie'ing since like the 1930's
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

NuttinItUp

Oh wow. That is hilarious.

No pressure or anything, coach.

Farmer Hogget

I read an article today about the changes coming to Texas A&M with Jimbo Fisher as their coach.  From the sound of it, they are moving to what Arkansas is moving away from.  So, it will be interesting to see the game this fall.  A&M running a pro-style run oriented offense that throws a lot to their tight ends and Arkansas running a hurry up no huddle offense. 

Flrazrback

I don't think Jimbos system is going to be super effective in the SEC. Perhaps I'm wrong, but he is in another world now and it's a much tougher conference than the ACC, with a few exceptions of course..

onebadrubi

Quote from: Flrazrback on March 01, 2018, 12:06:08 am
I don't think Jimbos system is going to be super effective in the SEC. Perhaps I'm wrong, but he is in another world now and it's a much tougher conference than the ACC, with a few exceptions of course..

He won win he had NFL players all over the place.   Benjamin at WR, Winston at QB, Ramsey at DB and a few other true studs, oh and one of the best college kickers ever.   He can win when surrounded with NFL starting talent...

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

1highhog

If the Angles win a National Championship in the next five years under Fisher I'll run around the Alma Sonic butt naked.

MuskogeeHogFan

A&M looking for a major increase in ROI compared to Sumlin's tenure. If Fisher thought that he was receiving pressure after last season at FSU, he hasn't seen anything yet. For A&M, this is simply an unforced error.
Go Hogs Go!

rtr

The more smites the more intelligent I get.

rljjr

Quote from: 1highhog on March 01, 2018, 06:30:57 am
If the Angles win a National Championship in the next five years under Fisher I'll run around the Alma Sonic butt naked.

OK, but you can't cut the corners. 90 degrees, man.

RagingHawgOn

I don't see Jimbo getting it done.  Overrated coach at an overrated school. Screw the Ags.

DeltaBoy

The Aggies have been delusional since the Bear was there.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on March 01, 2018, 06:21:54 am
National Championship.....
Hey, man. Did you swipe that sign from the Hooter's storage closet ??? :o

onebadrubi

Now I'm kind of pulling for them

Sooiepride

Quoting a member of Texags, "Aggie jokes write themselves". Lol

+1 That would be awesome.  Hopefully they don't start selling beanie weenies immediately after that.  **Just messin' witcha.
God, Family, Country, Razorbacks.

Hoggish1

Quote from: BossHawg_Outlaw on February 28, 2018, 09:19:37 pm
Something tells me they may regret this in a few years

http://thebiglead.com/2018/02/28/texas-am-gives-jimbo-fisher-a-dateless-national-championship-plaque/

Texas A&M is very excited to have Jimbo Fisher on the sidelines. He's already piloted one team to a national championship so it's conceivable he could do it again in College Station. It won't be easy, of course. The Aggies play in a division with Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, and LSU and haven't won more than eight games in a season since 2013.

;)

Hoggish1

March 01, 2018, 09:25:22 am #18 Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 12:40:10 pm by Hoggish1
Quote from: Farmer Hogget on February 28, 2018, 10:20:38 pm
I read an article today about the changes coming to Texas A&M with Jimbo Fisher as their coach.  From the sound of it, they are moving to what Arkansas is moving away from.  So, it will be interesting to see the game this fall.  A&M running a pro-style run oriented offense that throws a lot to their tight ends and Arkansas running a hurry up no huddle offense. 

Me thinks it's easier to transition to an offense Arkansas is going to run from what we've been than for aTm to go from what they were to what Jimbo runs.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on March 01, 2018, 08:36:15 am
Hey, man. Did you swipe that sign from the Hooter's storage closet ??? :o

Ha! You betcha! Those were the days! 😉
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

hawg1221

That's stupid. Now he's got unnecessary pressure. It seems like there's always some kind of drama coming from that school. I really hope he's a bust.

HogPharmer

Quote from: hawg1221 on March 01, 2018, 10:41:55 am
That's stupid. Now he's got unnecessary pressure. It seems like there's always some kind of drama coming from that school. I really hope he's a bust.

Isn't he guaranteed like $70 million? Screw the pressure....
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

99toLife

They do have a national championship in Mens Paintball and Womans rodeo.. we don't have any of those, show some respect!  ;)

oldhawg

NCAA team championships: Texas A&M has won 12 NCAA team national championships.

Men's (6):
Golf (1): 2009
Indoor Track and Field (1): 2017
Outdoor Track & Field (4): 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013

Women's (7):
Basketball (1): 2011
Outdoor Track and Field (4): 2009, 2010, 2011, 2014
Softball (2):1983, 1987

Hoggish1

Quote from: onebadrubi on March 01, 2018, 12:09:27 am
He won win he had NFL players all over the place.   Benjamin at WR, Winston at QB, Ramsey at DB and a few other true studs, oh and one of the best college kickers ever.   He can win when surrounded with NFL starting talent...

That's correct and he will never have that kind of talent again.

SooieGeneris

Quote from: onebadrubi on March 01, 2018, 12:09:27 am

They used some of these players for an A&M poster recently. There was an article on 24/7 about it.

Jalen Ramsey demanded that they take his image off of it. He tweeted that he didn't want his image on another school's stuff that he had no connection to.

Also, he stated that Dumbo Fisher had nothing to do with his development...
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

little pigee

You'll have to fight someone for that honor!
It's not about the money...it's about the amount of money.

Con el Cerdos

Quote from: Farmer Hogget on February 28, 2018, 10:20:38 pm

I fully understand the tone of board members here, generally.  Staying positive and always trying to find ways to justify their reasoning why Arkansas can move up in the West and the Conference.  Why we can or should have beaten this or that team.  And why Arkansas is a better program than (you name the team).

To get to that place of actually being better than lower mid-tier, a lot of moving parts have to mesh and go off almost perfectly for Arkansas.  Right coach, right system, recruit really well (players), and lastly have those things all moving in synch on game day.   

Even then it will be difficult because experience has shown that Bama, Auburn, LSU, and A&M always pull higher rated recruiting classes and probably better athletes than Arkansas.

In this instance, in this thread its the A&M football program vs the Razorback program, and Fisher vs Morris and their system(s).  Some are adamant that Fisher is a dud and will fail at A&M; I surely hope it's a miserable failure.  But I wouldn't bet on it, at least head to head against Arkansas.

I know most here are really high on Morris.  Not exactly sure what the projection is for Morris, but in reality I hope he can move past what Petrino did on the field.  Can he, I surely don't know.

I do think he will win more and consistently so, than our last HC.  Question is, will he ever be able to conquer any of he top four on a consist basis?  Just based on our history, I have reservations, and that includes A&M and their $75 million HC.

007 License To Squeal

Talk about putting the cart before the horse??!!??
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

Con el Cerdos

Pa-Paw

The Aggies have cheated before and been caught. They are putting immense on themselves to cheat yet again, and will get caught yet again. Their old rivals in the B12 will be watching the Aggies like hawks.

Farmer Hogget

Quote from: Hoggish1 on March 01, 2018, 09:25:22 am
Me thinks it's easier to transition to an offense Arkansas is going to run from what we've been than for aTm to go from what they were to what Jimbo runs.

I think so, as well.  Plus. . .can Texas A&M out Alabama Alabama?  They they out LSU, LSU?  No.  Texas A&M will not win a national championship under Jimbo.  With the exception of the one national championship, his run at FSU was unremarkable and very Kevin Sumlinish.  I believe that we will see that Arkansas made the better hire.

Sooiepride

SIAP. I enjoy the Texags posts in regards to the self-certified award.

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/2936289

On of the better ones - "it's like Michael Scott giving himself the Best Boss in the World mug"  😂😂
God, Family, Country, Razorbacks.

99toLife

Quote from: oldhawg on March 01, 2018, 12:23:11 pm

Men's (6):

Women's (7):

Good post but honesty almost No one cares about any sport other than Football, Mens Basketball and some care about Mens Baseball.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Con el Cerdos on March 01, 2018, 03:13:58 pm
I fully understand the tone of board members here, generally.  Staying positive and always trying to find ways to justify their reasoning why Arkansas can move up in the West and the Conference.  Why we can or should have beaten this or that team.  And why Arkansas is a better program than (you name the team).

To get to that place of actually being better than lower mid-tier, a lot of moving parts have to mesh and go off almost perfectly for Arkansas.  Right coach, right system, recruit really well (players), and lastly have those things all moving in synch on game day.   

Even then it will be difficult because experience has shown that Bama, Auburn, LSU, and A&M always pull higher rated recruiting classes and probably better athletes than Arkansas.

In this instance, in this thread its the A&M football program vs the Razorback program, and Fisher vs Morris and their system(s).  Some are adamant that Fisher is a dud and will fail at A&M; I surely hope it's a miserable failure.  But I wouldn't bet on it, at least head to head against Arkansas.

I know most here are really high on Morris.  Not exactly sure what the projection is for Morris, but in reality I hope he can move past what Petrino did on the field.  Can he, I surely don't know.

I do think he will win more and consistently so, than our last HC.  Question is, will he ever be able to conquer any of he top four on a consist basis?  Just based on our history, I have reservations, and that includes A&M and their $75 million HC.

I don't think that Fisher is a "dud" of a coach, but if he couldn't win more at Florida State with the talent that he had on those teams (and a lesser conference) and being located in one of the very best recruiting areas in the nation, I can't see him doing "more, with less" at A&M and he isn't going to pull in FSU-like recruiting classes at College Station unless they really start paying players to sign with them. I could be totally wrong but I'll have to see it to believe it. He may do a little better than Sumlin, but I can't see it being significantly better, as in, national championship better.

As for Morris at Arkansas, that story is yet to be written. We'll see. I have hopes that we can be more competitive and also not leave 2-3 wins on the field each season as we did frequently under Bielema. Had Bielema cured that failing, he would still be the HC at Arkansas because there would have been more 9 win and possibly some 10 win seasons mixed in and most every fan would be relatively happy. But blowing leads and losing games in the 2nd half isn't a great way to build support for what you are trying to accomplish at a school.

This will ultimately be the standard that Morris is judged by at Arkansas. Remaining competitive in every game we play and seizing victory instead of defeat, in the second half of games. He doesn't have to win every game to be successful at Arkansas. Heck, he doesn't even have to win 9-10 games every year, but he will have to win 9-10 every 3rd season or so and beyond his first year. What he can't do is just win 6 games or less after year one or the lynch mob will come for him as well. We'll see.
Go Hogs Go!

99toLife

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on March 01, 2018, 05:49:56 pm
I don't think that Fisher is a "dud" of a coach, but if he couldn't win more at Florida State with the talent that he had on those teams (and a lesser conference) and being located in one of the very best recruiting areas in the nation, I can't see him doing "more, with less" at A&M and he isn't going to pull in FSU-like recruiting classes at College Station unless they really start paying players to sign with them. I could be totally wrong but I'll have to see it to believe it. He may do a little better than Sumlin, but I can't see it being significantly better, as in, national championship better.

As for Morris at Arkansas, that story is yet to be written. We'll see. I have hopes that we can be more competitive and also not leave 2-3 wins on the field each season as we did frequently under Bielema. Had Bielema cured that failing, he would still be the HC at Arkansas because there would have been more 9 win and possibly some 10 win seasons mixed in and most every fan would be relatively happy. But blowing leads and losing games in the 2nd half isn't a great way to build support for what you are trying to accomplish at a school.

This will ultimately be the standard that Morris is judged by at Arkansas. Remaining competitive in every game we play and seizing victory instead of defeat, in the second half of games. He doesn't have to win every game to be successful at Arkansas. Heck, he doesn't even have to win 9-10 games every year, but he will have to win 9-10 every 3rd season or so and beyond his first year. What he can't do is just win 6 games or less after year one or the lynch mob will come for him as well. We'll see.

Well put, and I agree 100% ..  Nice job

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Con el Cerdos on March 01, 2018, 03:57:15 pm
In what way?
I take it to mean that Jimbo hasn't even won a conference championship as yet. And they're already giving him a NC plaque? I certainly see the logic in the observation.

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: oldhawg on March 01, 2018, 12:23:11 pm

Men's (6):

Women's (7):

Using Aggie math, of course.  6+7 does not equal 12.

Bacon out...

Con el Cerdos

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on March 01, 2018, 05:49:56 pm

Agree totally with your last two paragraphs.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on March 01, 2018, 05:57:23 pm
I take it to mean that Jimbo hasn't even won a conference championship as yet. And they're already giving him a NC plaque? I certainly see the logic in the observation.

It may be even more of a wake-up call for A&M fans next season. In Fishers first season there is a real chance that they could only go 6-6 with 3 of those wins coming against the likes of Northwestern (La.) State, La-Monroe and UAB.

I may be really wrong, but I don't see them winning more than 8 in the regular season on the top end next year but should they find a way to win 9, A&M fans will believe that they are "on their way" and that will delay some of the pressure.
Go Hogs Go!

99toLife

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on March 01, 2018, 06:36:43 pm
It may be even more of a wake-up call for A&M fans next season. In Fishers first season there is a real chance that they could only go 6-6 with 3 of those wins coming against the likes of Northwestern (La.) State, La-Monroe and UAB.

I may be really wrong, but I don't see them winning more than 8 in the regular season on the top end next year but should they find a way to win 9, A&M fans will believe that they are "on their way" and that will delay some of the pressure.

Can't really argue against your post, But with his contract pressure won't be too painful.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: 99toLife on March 01, 2018, 07:00:36 pm
Can't really argue against your post, But with his contract pressure won't be too painful.

Just because you have a contract that renders you nearly un-fireable for a few years doesn't mean that you won't feel pressure from those that employ you or from the fan base and media. You may be financially and contractually secure but none of these P-5 coaches enjoy being constantly pressured when things aren't going well.
Go Hogs Go!

99toLife

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on March 01, 2018, 07:24:18 pm
Just because you have a contract that renders you nearly un-fireable for a few years doesn't mean that you won't feel pressure from those that employ you or from the fan base and media. You may be financially and contractually secure but none of these P-5 coaches enjoy being constantly pressured when things aren't going well.

never said he wouldn't feel pressure, no one wants to fail.  Millions and Millions makes it Not so painful. 

Thatdudeman

Pretty sure that's the local mating dance

go hogues

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on March 01, 2018, 06:36:43 pm
It may be even more of a wake-up call for A&M fans next season. In Fishers first season there is a real chance that they could only go 6-6 with 3 4 of those wins coming against the likes of Northwestern (La.) State, La-Monroe, UAB and Arkansas
Until we can show we can beat them, gotta add us to this list.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

GoHogs1091

Quote from: Flrazrback on March 01, 2018, 12:06:08 am

His tenure at A&M is probably going to get off to a rough start.

They start the season playing Clemson.  2018 Clemson has the potential of being better than the 2016 Clemson and 2017 Clemson that Auburn could not win against.

Ugly Uncle

The beautiful train wreck...Texas A.M.
Retired Radio Host

26.2Hog

They should use that plaque for kindling to help start their next bonfire.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: go hogues on March 02, 2018, 08:43:31 am
Until we can show we can beat them, gotta add us to this list.

I'll disagree. Beating us isn't a given or even a "should be a win". We've had our chances to beat them and probably should have won 3 of the last 5 when we played A&M. So no, we don't need to be added to that list.

One of the biggest early judgements of the Morris era will be not giving games away in the 2nd half and not just talking about "finishing strong", but actually finishing strong. Do that and we pick up another couple of wins each season. Had we done that vs. A&M in the past we would have won at least 3 of the last 5.
Go Hogs Go!

Dark Helmet Hog

Watching A&M fail is one of the best parts of college football.