Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How do the Razorbacks beat Missouri?

Started by elksnort, November 22, 2017, 04:52:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

elksnort

First of all, from what I have seen from the Razorbacks this season and Missouri's improved play, it appears that the Razorbacks will indeed get their assess handed to them.

Let's play the "IF" game for a bit. Can and will you?

If the hogs can run the ball effectively enough, mix in the play action and or whatever else it takes to move the ball and keep the ball for long driving scores, then the Tigers will not have the ball. The hogs have to have long sustaining drives with scoring at the ends of these drives.
To me, this is what I liked about CBB's football system (when it worked). It allows you not to have to have a great defense. Control the ball.

Defensively, the guys played pretty well and hard last week. I think we can all agree on this. Missouri is really a bad match up. But they all have been this season. Mix up the blitzing. Go zero coverage occasionally, drop back 7-8 at other times. Mix it up defensively. Bring the house at times. Agim and Ramsey can make plays. I don't think you can play bend but don't break nor go all Joe Lee Dunn on them all the time either.  Mix it up as much as possible.

Finally it would be an added benefit is Warren would take one to the house on a KO return or may we could get an actual return on the punt return.
Missouri is not a great team, but neither is a team that almost lost to the mythical chickens.

The 'ifs" need to happen.

HF#1

We have to do things we don't do well.

1. Protect the QB
2. Run the ball
3. Play defense
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

elksnort

Quote from: HF#1 on November 22, 2017, 04:54:42 pm

1. Protect the QB
2. Run the ball
3. Play defense
Throw quicker routes? Slants. Have receivers pick or rub.
On defense, we got to hit their QB. This means taking risks.

swineology

Quote from: elksnort on November 22, 2017, 05:03:06 pm
On defense, we got to hit their QB. This means taking risks.

Which means Locke will torch us. He throws an amazing deep ball.

As positive as I can be, I just don't see us winning.

Again, I'll be in my seat calling the Hogs!

WPS!

elksnort

Quote from: swineology on November 22, 2017, 05:20:59 pm

Which means Locke will torch us. He throws an amazing deep ball.

As positive as I can be, I just don't see us winning.

Again, I'll be in my seat calling the Hogs!

WPS!

If we some quick pressure on him, he will not have the time to throw deep.

Tejano Jawg

We have to turn them over. In our last 2 wins, we've had big, timely takeaways. Our D isn't good enough to just hold the line...and our O isn't either for that matter.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

HogPharmer

1. Protect the QB
2. Run the ball
3. Play defense

Score more points than the other team.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

hawgon

Plane crash...maybe drunk driver.  That's all I got.

Dark Helmet Hog

Win the turnover battle.
Pressure the QB - bring pressure from everywhere.
Vertical passing game to stretch the field. Too much thrown to the sidelines.

hogatheart

If Locke feels comfortable and sees open short routes,....he will eat us alive. He will lull us too sleep with short passes and it the second half,burn us to the ground over the top. We have to consistently send a blitz on passing downs that makes him move his eyes elsewhere. He CANNOT look up and see open receivers all game or they will have to add a third didget to the scoreboard. So in short, make Locke uncomfortable. Go Hogs!!

longpig

Don't be scared, be smart.

RideTillIDieHawg

Fire Bert before the game maybe we'll have a chance.

elksnort

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on November 22, 2017, 05:31:32 pm
Win the turnover battle.
Pressure the QB - bring pressure from everywhere.
Vertical passing game to stretch the field. Too much thrown to the sidelines.
Will we have to roll out AA or CK (if he is allowed to play) in order to give time for the receiver to get depth?

31to6

1. Protect the QB
2. Run the ball
3. Play defense
Not enough.

Have to create turnovers.

Mizzou will get big plays on offense. We have to have some big plays on defense.

Bacons Rebellion

Feed Gafford, get Macon and Barford hot from outside, and play solid defense.

Seebs

To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

elksnort

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: elksnort on November 22, 2017, 05:49:42 pm
Will we have to roll out AA or CK (if he is allowed to play) in order to give time for the receiver to get depth?

I think it would help.

Dark Helmet Hog

Some quick passes to the TE's would be nice too.

Tick Hog

I don't see our defense really stoping them but we could make them get FG's instead of TD's once in the Redzone. We're going to have to be able to run the ball and like others have said get a takeaway or 2. I'm thinking this will look similar to the Ole Miss game. I never bet on the hogs but if I did I'd take them and the points. Which means they prob blow us out.

elksnort

I would like to see some semblance of a pass rush.

hawgon

I think Missouri has the top three receivers in the country in receptions over fifty yards.

hawgdavis

Play D like we did against State and run the crap out of the ball

elksnort

Quote from: hawgdavis on November 22, 2017, 08:55:23 pm
Play D like we did against State and run the crap out of the ball
This is what I am thinking. Use a fullback, extra tight end..Freaking Man up.

lakecityhog

In order to win we MUST take some chances on D. Our corners need to catch the receivers at the LOS and knock them backwards for a step or two and create some timing issues. This might give the D a better chance to get to Locke.

Above all mix it up, blitz, drop 8 into coverage, play a zone and play bump and run. Make them think on EVERY play.

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.

Pecos Hog

Quote from: elksnort on November 22, 2017, 05:24:54 pm
If we some quick pressure on him, he will not have the time to throw deep.
Problem is that they must have a pretty good O-line.   They have only given up 9 sacks this year....compared to 33 for us.    I think we have to zone and double cover some recievers if we have to.

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

elksnort

Quote from: Pecos Hog on November 23, 2017, 11:27:35 am
Problem is that they must have a pretty good O-line.   They have only given up 9 sacks this year....compared to 33 for us.    I think we have to zone and double cover some recievers if we have to.
not saying the Razorbacks should do this but do any of you remember the Texas A&M Arkansas game in 1986? Kevin Murray was a heck of a quarterback for the baggies and we dropped back as many as 8-9 in coverage.

Hogarusa

Locke has a Nathan Peterman type performance
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

texas tush hog