Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Paying the "CupCake"

Started by zuko, September 17, 2016, 12:03:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hawg Marshal

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: wupigsuey on September 17, 2016, 05:44:44 pm
Id bet most of these boys weren't alive in the 70's

Doesn't matter. That is required viewing. 
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

BirmingHam

I have another question, does the money to pay this team come out of money from the student activity fees.  Probably the reason that they went up this year.  Students having to pay for the cupcake games.

//////sarcasm//////

ricepig

Quote from: BirmingHam on September 17, 2016, 05:52:42 pm
I have another question, does the money to pay this team come out of money from the student activity fees.  Probably the reason that they went up this year.  Students having to pay for the cupcake games.

//////sarcasm//////

I think we split it between the athletics fee, tuition increase, and firing some professors.

BirmingHam

Quote from: ricepig on September 17, 2016, 05:57:20 pm
I think we split it between the athletics fee, tuition increase, and firing some professors.

thus the /////sarcasm////// at the bottom.  Was just joining in on the old question reruns.  ;D

BirmingHam

Quote from: BirmingHam on September 17, 2016, 05:59:01 pm
thus the /////sarcasm////// at the bottom.  Was just joining in on the old question reruns.  ;D

duh, joke on me.  Now see your fun too.

tophawg19

if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Hawgar The Horrible

There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

tophawg19

Quote from: ricepig on September 17, 2016, 05:57:20 pm
Michigan will send them a check . we keep all our money and everyones happy
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

kodiakisland

Well, I think that was worth a million bucks.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: kodiakisland on September 18, 2016, 12:53:31 pm
Well, I think that was worth a million bucks.

Wonder if the UofA only has to pay $916,666.67, since the game was only 55 minutes long?
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Snouty

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on September 18, 2016, 01:04:06 pm
Wonder if the UofA only has to pay $916,666.67, since the game was only 55 minutes long?

+1

justasportsfan

Quote from: kodiakisland on September 17, 2016, 01:40:17 pm
Because we wouldn't pay another in state team to come here and we certainly wouldn't play in their little stadium.  They would lose money that they could have gotten playing somewhere else.  Are you saying you want to reduce the amount of money the in state small schools make, because that would be the affect.

Who even said go there?  The cupcakes go to Fayetteville, or heaven forbid, Little Rock yearly.  Why wouldn't one of our cupcake schools go to NWA every year for the money?  Im sure I've missed some posts, but I"ve yet to see a logical answer

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: wupigsuey on September 17, 2016, 05:44:44 pm
Id bet most of these boys weren't alive in the 70's

They're all newbies.  Give them a little while to mature to HV.

zuko

Greetings;  What is the joy in beating a team that you pay to come and lose to you? Why the exultation by the fans the local media when your school "wins" a game that your team is supposed to beat and is on your schedule for the sole purpose of giving you a win? Some carry on like they just won a National championship. I see where one of the players has been awarded the SEC lineman of the week award for blocking kicks, I mean, who was there to stop him? Beating a team like the Razorbacks latest "hog to the slaughter", Alcorn State proves nothing and induces a false sense of superiority so, why do schools do this. I know a small school like Alcorn State could use the money as all "Cupcakes" do, but how does it help our school?

a0ashle

Because life is too short to not enjoy our football team every chance we get.

PorkRinds

TDHawgs

FraggleHog

Quote from: zuko on October 03, 2016, 12:11:42 pm
Greetings;  What is the joy in beating a team that you pay to come and lose to you? Why the exultation by the fans the local media when your school "wins" a game that your team is supposed to beat and is on your schedule for the sole purpose of giving you a win? Some carry on like they just won a National championship. I see where one of the players has been awarded the SEC lineman of the week award for blocking kicks, I mean, who was there to stop him? Beating a team like the Razorbacks latest "hog to the slaughter", Alcorn State proves nothing and induces a false sense of superiority so, why do schools do this. I know a small school like Alcorn State could use the money as all "Cupcakes" do, but how does it help our school?

SMH... Lame attempt at a troll job, or are you just that dim? I have an intelligent response to this, but I don't think you deserve that, so I'll just let you to the wolves.

EDIT** - Just looked at all your past posts. You're a troll.
Calling the Hogs from DFW

PorkRinds

The OP wants us to play only P5 teams and barely make bowls every year. 

Dropkick

zuko has 26 posts, every one of them negative. Sad.

onebadrubi

Quote from: zuko on October 03, 2016, 12:11:42 pm

Early in the year you need game film that is not against the same guy in practice every day.  You also need to define and practice your game week prep, along with the sunday and monday routines.  Later in the season they can be to put in new parts of the game, rest of some injured guys and get some guys healthy. 

Anyone that thinks Arkansas plays too many cupcakes is just being naive and has an agenda.  If that said person does their research, Arkansas has had one of the toughest schedules year in and year out the last 4 years, this year not much easier.  A couple of cupcakes are not an issue. 

Oklahawg

I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Michael_E_Davis

Quote from: FraggleHog on October 03, 2016, 12:16:03 pm
SMH... Lame attempt at a troll job, or are you just that dim? I have an intelligent response to this, but I don't think you deserve that, so I'll just let you to the wolves.

EDIT** - Just looked at all your past posts. You're a troll.

"I have an intelligent response to this, but I don't think you deserve that."   Translation:  I have no intelligent response to your statement, so instead I am going to insult you, because there is nothing else in my life except the razorbacks.

Exactly.  His post was actually very well stated and brings up a good point.  People are boasting about us being 4-1,  when 3 of those wins were against Louisianan Tech, Texas State, and Alcorn State.  The Fayetteville high school team probably could have beaten two of those teams.  So yeah, it does not prove much.

But, please. Let's hear your intelligent response.  I need a laugh.
"I struggled through many problems in my life, most of which never happened." -Unknown

Sed76

At this point most teams have played similar teams. Fans take pride because for the first time in 5 years we actually have a good record at this point and are ranked. Perhaps I missed it but I don't recall anyone beating their chest like King Kong because we beat Alcorn State.

ricepig

Quote from: Michael_E_Davis on October 03, 2016, 12:30:09 pm
"I have an intelligent response to this, but I don't think you deserve that."   Translation:  I have no intelligent response to your statement, so instead I am going to insult you, because there is nothing else in my life except the razorbacks.

Exactly.  His post was actually very well stated and brings up a good point.  People are boasting about us being 4-1,  when 3 of those wins were against Louisianan Tech, Texas State, and Alcorn State.  The Fayetteville high school team probably could have beaten two of those teams.  So yeah, it does not prove much.

But, please. Let's hear your intelligent response.  I need a laugh.

Here's your intelligent response.

Quote from: Oklahawg on October 03, 2016, 12:27:51 pm
Because we want to play home games.

jbcarol

Razorbacks currently have two spots open to find marquee opponents to play in the near future. Thus far, the process hasn't been a successful one.

Quote"It does leave us in a bind, and it's a kind word to say we're 'struggling' to fill that opening," Long said, according to Bob Holt of Arkansas Online. "Schedules are done so far in advance. There aren't any Power 5 teams — or very few — that want to play us that are available."
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

DLUXHOG

Quote from: zuko on September 17, 2016, 12:03:05 pm
It is my understanding that when a Cupcake team comes to play a host school, the host pays that team (I heard figures up to and including 1 million dollars). So, does the Cupcake team (Texas State) get paid by the Razorbacks, or what?
you serious?    that's why they call them "rent a win" games........
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)