Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

KMEZ - ILS RWY 27

Started by gotyacovered, November 05, 2012, 09:51:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

gotyacovered

shot my first approach over the weekend... KMEZ - ILS RWY 27. dad thought it would be a good idea just to see what it was all about. it was pretty windy and bumpy, but VMC, no hood. it was really cool. i have been right seat 4 times in IMC, and it was amazing how easy my buddy, who is a true professional, made it look.

Dad chose KMEZ in VMC b/c it was easy to see why they chose the altitudes they did, and a reality check of how serious IFR ops can be.

outbound i forgot to start my timer, and i got a little behind the airplane, gained about 200ft of altitude... i "S" turned when trying to intercept the localizer... in short, it was chaos (for me) until i got on the localizer and crossed the FAF.

cant wait to get comfortable with it, achieve the rating and maintain better than proficient status. i have a long ways to go.
You are what you tolerate.

MDH

Yeah, you definitely dont want to be too far to the left of the localizer there....
"Too many people have for too long placed too much confidence and trust in government and not enough in themselves.  Fortunately, many are now becoming aware of the seriousness of the gross mistakes of the past several decades.  The blame is shared by both political parties.  Many Americans now are demanding to hear the plain truth of things and want the demagoguing to stop.  Without this first step, solutions are impossible."  Ron Paul