Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

INformal Poll - New Darksider Nation

Started by Doug, September 10, 2012, 03:02:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

So, which one are you?

Jeff Long Darksider (I support John L Smith)
11 (1.4%)
John L Smith Darksider (I support Jeff Long)
206 (26%)
Complete Darksider v²
523 (66%)
I support both Jeff Long and John L Smith
53 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 782

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Douglas on September 10, 2012, 03:02:54 pm
I'm part of the (now growing) Darksider v² movement.

It's important to note that no matter HOW we vote in the poll above, we support the PLAYERS and the Razorbacks as a whole.

I just cannot stand to watch what the LEADERSHIP, the PIiC (Paid Idiots in Charge) have done to our beloved football program.

So, now that you've started this club, what is your next proposed move as a proclaimed "darksider?"

You've got all these people in here in your club, so don't you need an agenda?  Banners?  Petition?  Picket?

What are you pushing for?  I'd aim high if I were the leader.  Go for an immediate dismissal of JLS and the entire staff that BP brought in.  Then I'd go right for JL's termination.  Then you should go for the coup de grace and get BP hired back.

I'm not a darksider, because Bobby did this to himself.  I could become one if JL makes a bad hire.  Also, if your club serves pie I might consider it a little more.   

I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

DEVICEHIGH

Quote from: judgeroyswine on September 10, 2012, 03:22:56 pm
I would have to add Petrino to the list as well.  He screwed up the entire shootin' match. 

As far as darksiders go, at this point in time, I make Darth Vader look like Mother Teresa.  I'm all in.
How about Ted? This could get fun again  :)
Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

hogsanity

Do any of you truly believe that JL fired BP WITHOUT approval of the BOT, the chancellor and all other higher ups? 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Slimgoodman

Quote from: Douglas on September 10, 2012, 03:09:37 pm
Jeff Long, alone, is responsible for this. Not me, not Hogville.

Get your facts straight.

Your opinion does not constitute fact.

MAL3

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on September 10, 2012, 03:30:32 pm
So, now that you've started this club, what is your next proposed move as a proclaimed "darksider?"

You've got all these people in here in your club, so don't you need an agenda?  Banners?  Petition?  Picket?

What are you pushing for?  I'd aim high if I were the leader.  Go for an immediate dismissal of JLS and the entire staff that BP brought in.  Then I'd go right for JL's termination.  Then you should go for the coup de grace and get BP hired back.

I'm not a darksider, because Bobby did this to himself.  I could become one if JL makes a bad hire.  Also, if your club serves pie I might consider it a little more.

Good point

judgeroyswine

Quote from: DEVICEHIGH on September 10, 2012, 03:30:55 pm

He is working at a firm in Dallas...started today, but we would both be up to the call.  Just make it. ;)
Overcoming the gloom, despair, and agony of Hog fandom since 1961.

Arkansasno1

"Be content and resigned to God's will."
~Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

RazorPiggie

Quote from: hogsanity on September 10, 2012, 03:31:09 pm
Do any of you truly believe that JL fired BP WITHOUT approval of the BOT, the chancellor and all other higher ups? 

Problem is... they do believe that. Why?  I'm not real sure.

Poop Hoggy Hogg

the darksiders have returned. we must do whatever it takes to show the administration that this aint acceptable. black shirts saturday? the program is in shambles again and we must destroy it completely and rebuild starting with the coaches

rljjr

It's a great week to sell two-by-fours, pitchforks and torches.

dhornjr1

Quote from: judgeroyswine on September 10, 2012, 03:33:12 pm
He is working at a firm in Dallas...started today, but we would both be up to the call.  Just make it. ;)

I'm surprised we don't have a "notshavintillongsgone" yet.

HogScoutMaster

I am getting out of here before Douglas gets REAL PISSED.

Midgets will be FLYING

"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."

TomDavidEsq.

Quote from: nwarazfan on September 10, 2012, 03:24:10 pm
I was one of the original darksiders of the Nutt era years before many of you ever posted on a message board and before Hogville started.  Most of you have no idea what it means to be a darksider.  You will embarrass those of us who started the movement with posts that do nothing but bitch without reasoning or objectivity.  You did it in Jump Ball and you are doing it now.

Why would being a Long darksider mean you support JLS?

What is the point in being a darksider in regards to the coaching staff most of which will be gone after the season including JLS?

A Darksider snob......classic.

Fatmanhog

Well this sucks, just completely sucks. I was so looking forward to this year and then CBP got fired. I was a little thrown off that by the JLS hire. We are a major program and I understand the reasoning behind it but it didnt make sense, but then again it made sense by keeping the staff together. After the hire I was really nervous. I could not bring myself to like someone that with the claim to fame "Get your piss hot". I am a fan through and through but am really hoping for a change. Not that a mid season change ever really made huge difference but hopefully to salvage recruiting and have almost a year before next season. Sorry for the ramble.
to nutt or not to nutt, thats not even a question any more.

POST 1475 OF I JUST STEVEN HILL...
Quote from: alohawg on October 26, 2009, 03:44:04 PM
I think his comes naturally, hermaphrodite??? A new nickname maybe, 'the mighty hermaphrodity'

The Hermaphronutt

judgeroyswine

Overcoming the gloom, despair, and agony of Hog fandom since 1961.

ARDA

SouthSide Johnny

Quote from: DewUar88 on September 10, 2012, 03:37:01 pm
I am getting out of here before Douglas gets REAL PISSED.

Midgets will be FLYING

Back to Cityville :-)
Some Say it's Raining Elephants but They Go Outside Anyway..

Slimgoodman

Quote from: Poop Hoggy Hogg on September 10, 2012, 03:34:46 pm
the darksiders have returned. we must do whatever it takes to show the administration that this aint acceptable. black shirts saturday? the program is in shambles again and we must destroy it completely and rebuild starting with the coaches

Here's some great reading if you are looking for a scapegoat.....

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/50180/in-the-end-this-is-bobby-petrinos-mess

Arkansasno1

Quote from: ARDA on September 10, 2012, 03:40:35 pm
I'm p .... you complete me
Ha, I was refering to the mis-spelling in the poll.
"Be content and resigned to God's will."
~Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

BartIV

The only reason I put JLS Darksider and not Jeff Long??

Jeff Long brought in Mike Anderson when no one up there would have ever done that. He gets a couple of free passes from me.

Fan1958

Quote from: rwspear on September 10, 2012, 03:11:58 pm
you shouldve included - "on the fence with long until our next hire"...

fire smith today

Memories are short.  While Jack Crowe was in way over his head, you see what firing him did.   I don't disagree he needed to go but not like it was done.  One winning season in the first six in the SEC and that one turned out to be about as exciting as watching paint dry.
Conservatives have always proudly proclaimed themselves to be conservative.  Liberals are now "Progressives"?  Must be terrible to have to hide what you really are.

I like smites.  That's how I know I'm really pissing off the "Progressives".

The Pulse

I'm a complete Darksider v2.

I'm not upset that we are struggling as a football team. I'm not really even upset we got beat by ULM. I'm not upset at Bobby Petrino. I'm not Blaming him for any of this. Blaming someone who is gone is what a loser would do.

What pisses me off is that we are throwing this season away while Jeff Long and the leadership on the hill sits around with thumbs stuck up thier a$$es watching the dumpster fire burn since April.

I was pissed in April when Jeff Long made the worst possible decision by hiring a proven loser with a 1-6 bowl record from Weber State to HC this team.

While i thought it was a mistake of firing Petrino and wanted to keep him, I could understand the idea of moving forward.

But instead of moving forwad, instead of building something....anything towards the furture, even if it meant struggling for a while. (Even Saban got beat by ULM in their first year) Long decides to hire JLS and in essence watch the program continue to burn completely to the ground all while he sits twiddling his thumbs of integrity.

We were bing laughed at when it was announced John L Smith was hired as our HC..now the laughter has turned into a an unyielding roar.

nwarazfan

Quote from: Slimgoodman on September 10, 2012, 03:44:10 pm
Here's some great reading if you are looking for a scapegoat.....

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/50180/in-the-end-this-is-bobby-petrinos-mess

Good piece that should be the start of a thread if it isn't already. 

lewd and lascivious

Quote from: Douglas on September 10, 2012, 03:09:37 pm
Jeff Long, alone, is responsible for this. Not me, not Hogville.

Get your facts straight.

Alone? He alone is responsible for this? Bobby Petrino, who screwed up royally and lied to everyone including his bosses, and hired all these coaches and recruited all these players, is of course blameless. It is Jeff Long alone that is responsible for this.

Hilarious. Who needs YouTube to shake your head at the inner workings of some of the Arkansas fans' minds?

navyhog24

why is there that 5% crowd always happening?

patgrl

Quote from: MAL3 on September 10, 2012, 03:08:33 pm
Excellent....do anything you can to divide the fanbase.....applause

Fanbase has been dividing since April. This is just pushing more fans over the edge  :'(

BTW, total darksider since April.

SouthSide Johnny

Some Say it's Raining Elephants but They Go Outside Anyway..

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: RazorPiggie            (Matt D) on September 10, 2012, 03:34:25 pm
Problem is... they do believe that. Why?  I'm not real sure.

No, they know better.  They know there was no appeal.  They know the BOT could have stepped in at any time if they didn't approve it.  They heard JL say that he had informed CG of the decision, which by default means that the UA supported the decision.  They know he didn't cowboy up to that podium and terminate BP after all he had done without at LEAST notifying the UA.  Some say the BOT wasn't involved, but they KNEW that JL was conducting an investigation that lasted a full two days.  If they didn't pick up the phone and call to talk to JL or CG and express their opinion, then shame on them. 

The bottom line is, the UA fired BP.  To distance themselves from that, a segment of fans has chosen to put all of the blame on JL.  They're the same people who put all of the blame on JLS for the loss Saturday, despite the fact that BP's HAND PICKED assistants were the ones calling the plays while JLS did what they all wanted him to do....be a CEO and let the others do the work. 

It's getting comical, and this "darksiders" club or whatever it is just further illustrates that.  It's just a place where all of the group think people can get together and pat each other on the back, and somehow attempt to look down their noses at the real fans who still support the UA and the program, call them all idiots, and feel better about themselves.

I wish they'd just get it over with already, take donations, and get a "Fire JL, Re-hire BP" banner, because we're not already viewed as a bunch of crazy fans by the national media.  I know...I know..."We don't care what the nation says about us."  Well...then why the concern and 5 threads about being the national laughing stock if no one cares?     
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

Oliver

Quote from: hogsanity on September 10, 2012, 03:31:09 pm

This aside, Long should be fired for hiring John L Smith alone.  Nothing Bobby Petrino ever did MADE Long hire JLS

elkhog

Quote from: MAL3 on September 10, 2012, 03:08:33 pm
Excellent....do anything you can to divide the fanbase.....applause

Shill Alert!
GO HOGS!!!

GuvHog

Quote from: The Pulse on September 10, 2012, 03:49:04 pm

I'm not upset that we are struggling as a football team. I'm not really even upset we got beat by ULM. I'm not upset at Bobby Petrino. I'm not Blaming him for any of this. Blaming someone who is gone is what a loser would do.

What pisses me off is that we are throwing this season away while Jeff Long and the leadership on the hill sits around with thumbs stuck up thier a$$es watching the dumpster fire burn since April.

I was pissed in April when Jeff Long made the worst possible decision by hiring a proven loser with a 1-6 bowl record from Weber State to HC this team.

While i thought it was a mistake of firing Petrino and wanted to keep him, I could understand the idea of moving forward.

But instead of moving forwad, instead of building something....anything towards the furture, even if it meant struggling for a while. (Even Saban got beat by ULM in their first year) Long decides to hire JLS and in essence watch the program continue to burn completely to the ground all while he sits twiddling his thumbs of integrity.

We were bing laughed at when it was announced John L Smith was hired as our HC..now the laughter has turned into a an unyielding roar.

Your line in bold speaks volumes. Sadly we have a number of Hogvillians who are doing just that.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

RazorHawg16

Quote from: The Pulse on September 10, 2012, 03:49:04 pm

So I am a loser because I use my brain and see that this train wreck is 100% Petrinos fault. First of all name calling is a real mature way of bringing your side to the table. Second of all I think this is all Petrinos fault because he is the one that messed up and WE (fans,players,coaches,AD) are the ones that have to pay the price. Give me a break people saying that Jeff Long didn't have to fire him. He dug his own grave!

JDDC

Quote from: Douglas on September 10, 2012, 03:02:54 pm
I'm part of the (now growing) Darksider v² movement.

It's important to note that no matter HOW we vote in the poll above, we support the PLAYERS and the Razorbacks as a whole.

I just cannot stand to watch what the LEADERSHIP, the PIiC (Paid Idiots in Charge) have done to our beloved football program.

I would have bashed this statement 3 days ago, but now I see the light - or the Dark as it may be.  I'm fully behind every player that has ever worn or currently wears Cardinal Red or the new matte red uniform.  Volunteer coaches could have called a better second half of football.  Any paid staff member that had a hand in last weeks preparation or game time decisions should return last week's paycheck along with an apology to the University and the fans.  Also being from Little Rock, I now support all games being moved to RRS  ;) :razorback:

MAL3

Quote from: RazorHawg16 on September 10, 2012, 04:08:32 pm
So I am a loser because I use my brain and see that this train wreck is 100% Petrinos fault. First of all name calling is a real mature way of bringing your side to the table. Second of all I think this is all Petrinos fault because he is the one that messed up and WE (fans,players,coaches,AD) are the ones that have to pay the price. Give me a break people saying that Jeff Long didn't have to fire him. He dug his own grave!

The name calling is the only thing they can come up with when they realize their point has no merit..

CallThemHawgs!

hogsanity

Second of all I think this is all Petrinos fault because he is the one that messed up and WE (fans,players,coaches,AD) are the ones that have to pay the price. Give me a break people saying that Jeff Long didn't have to fire him. He dug his own grave!

I agree this all started with Petrino.  I actually blame his poor defensive and Ol recruting as much as anything, and yes, he is to blame for being fired.  If he thought it was unjustified, he would have filed suit.

Maybe I am just getting old, but I fail to see what price I am paying.  Teams lose games, sometimes painful games, it is part of being a fan.  At the end of the season, unless we somehow go unbeaten the rest of the way, we were likely to still end up 2nd or 3rd in the secw.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

elkhog

Quote from: RazorPiggie            (Matt D) on September 10, 2012, 03:27:23 pm
The same people that hate JL now will be the same people that praise him IF he makes a home run hire.

Unless Pete Carroll, Jimmy Johnson or Gruden are walking through that door, that won't happen.  So JL may as well leave now.
GO HOGS!!!

hoghearted

It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

Porkatarian

In my opinion, both deserve to be fired after Saturday night.  I'd fire Jeff for hiring that bozo in the first place (when there were better options available even in the interim).  John L. should be fired for the loss to ULM and then fired again for running off the field and not shaking hands with the ULM coaches.  Long will survive b/c he has the full support of Gearhart and John L. wont be fired b/c he was Jeff's hand picked coach.  The only good news is John L. is working on a 10 month contract which can't end soon enough for me.

Porkatarian out...
"I came here to win the SEC and that is exactly what we are going to do."

elkhog

Quote from: hogsanity on September 10, 2012, 04:17:18 pm
I agree this all started with Petrino.  I actually blame his poor defensive and Ol recruting as much as anything, and yes, he is to blame for being fired.  If he thought it was unjustified, he would have filed suit.

Maybe I am just getting old, but I fail to see what price I am paying.  Teams lose games, sometimes painful games, it is part of being a fan.  At the end of the season, unless we somehow go unbeaten the rest of the way, we were likely to still end up 2nd or 3rd in the secw.

Second or third from the bottom!  You honestly think Tyler will avoid anymore head injuries this season?  Only way that will happen will be is he becomes a hander offer.
GO HOGS!!!

GuvHog

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on September 10, 2012, 03:58:20 pm
No, they know better.  They know there was no appeal.  They know the BOT could have stepped in at any time if they didn't approve it.  They heard JL say that he had informed CG of the decision, which by default means that the UA supported the decision.  They know he didn't cowboy up to that podium and terminate BP after all he had done without at LEAST notifying the UA.  Some say the BOT wasn't involved, but they KNEW that JL was conducting an investigation that lasted a full two days.  If they didn't pick up the phone and call to talk to JL or CG and express their opinion, then shame on them. 

The bottom line is, the UA fired BP.  To distance themselves from that, a segment of fans has chosen to put all of the blame on JL.  They're the same people who put all of the blame on JLS for the loss Saturday, despite the fact that BP's HAND PICKED assistants were the ones calling the plays while JLS did what they all wanted him to do....be a CEO and let the others do the work. 

It's getting comical, and this "darksiders" club or whatever it is just further illustrates that.  It's just a place where all of the group think people can get together and pat each other on the back, and somehow attempt to look down their noses at the real fans who still support the UA and the program, call them all idiots, and feel better about themselves.

I wish they'd just get it over with already, take donations, and get a "Fire JL, Re-hire BP" banner, because we're not already viewed as a bunch of crazy fans by the national media.  I know...I know..."We don't care what the nation says about us."  Well...then why the concern and 5 threads about being the national laughing stock if no one cares?     

Wrong all the way around.

(1) Long stated with his own mouth on several occasions that firing BP was HIS call and HIS alone. When asked point blank if he consulted the Chancellor or the BOT members before making the decision to fire BP, he said no he did not and that he only contacted the Chancellor AFTER the decision was made to inform him of it.

(2) Rather than appeal, Bobby spent his time working to repair the damage done to his family.

(3) The only way the BOT or Chancellor can intervene and reverse Longs decision is if Bobby had Appealed.

(4) The reason none of the BOT members tried to contact Long during his investigation is because none of them believed Long would go so far as to fire BP.

We the DARKSIDERS V2 are not the ones who need to get over it and face the truth it's the Long Huggers that need to do that.

TheMediocreEra

Quote from: DEVICEHIGH on September 10, 2012, 03:30:55 pm

I could probably find some spare time (and use a much upgraded arsenal of programs) ... Count me back in the ring, Hogville.

hogsanity

Quote from: elkhog on September 10, 2012, 04:20:17 pm
Second or third from the bottom!  You honestly think Tyler will avoid anymore head injuries this season?  Only way that will happen will be is he becomes a hander offer.

Was referring to if BP were still the HC.  No way, with this D and this OL they were going to beat Bama and/or LSU.  I just don't think anyone thought the D was going to be this bad.  And, if someone could not see it after the Jville St game, well they may just not be too bright.

GuvHog

I strongly recommend you schedule a Brain Scan ASAP. You are one sick puppy.

RazorHawg16

Quote from: Terry (GUVHOG) Holcomb on September 10, 2012, 04:25:53 pm
I strongly recommend you schedule a Brain Scan ASAP. You are one sick puppy.
So tell me how could Long have kept Bobby?

hoggystyle78

Wow, I'm surprised, just 13 idiots support our illustrious AD, or should I say DA, as in DUMBA$$!!

The Pulse

You should get on your knees and thank him. Do you remember what this team was like when Petrino accepted the job? We were awful. He turned it around, took us to our first BCS bowl game and was 21-5 the last two years. We became a perennial top 10 team.

And now you want to blame him because he is gone and we are incapable of moving  forward with out him?

Hook 'em Hogs

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on September 10, 2012, 03:11:27 pm
I'll hold out hope of a home run hire in a couple months; until then, I'm a JLS darksider.

This. 

redbarn

Fire Nutt....uh I mean Fire JLS......uhhhh...Fire Long.......Ok Fire all of them.  I am on board
"I'm against the constitutionality of marriage in any way, shape, or form.  You may quote me......."  Rev Jerry Falwell

razorbackkid

Complete....total....absolute.

Hire Petrino back as A.D. AND head football coach.

All I do is want to win.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.