Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

At least we aren't USC, St Mary's, or Middle Tennessee...

Started by RazorSax, March 11, 2018, 05:53:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorSax

Hearing lots of complaints about our seed line. How about being one of these schools and finding out you're left out while Syracuse, OU, and Arizona State are in instead.

Let's be happy we turned around a season that looked to be spiraling downward halfway through conference into a lock multiple weeks before selection Sunday. It could have been worse.

I think the committee did as crappy a job as I've seen as far as bubble teams this year. Lots of questionable decisions.

hawginbigd1

I don't know much about USC but their numbers look like a 8/9 or better. Norte Dame may have gotten screwed because they would be the 10th ACC team, maybe not. I just don't see OU or Syracuse over Notre Dame who was without their best player for half the season, but is back now in Bonzie Colson.

GoHogs1091

St. Mary's wins 28 games and does not get in.  Terrible decision by the NCAA Committee.

I just heard Middle Tennessee's Head Coach being interviewed on the NIT Selection Show, and he stated that MTSU had the 9th toughest non-conference schedule in the nation.

The snubs by the NCAAT Committee will make for a great NIT.  It actually may end up being a better tournament than the NCAAT.

hawginbigd1

The chair dude mentioned MTSU having scheduled some opportunities but they didn't win any of them. So I kind of say yeah you have to not just schedule but you have to win some.

RazorSax

It's just so inconsistent from year to year.

Last year, Vanderbilt had a great OOC SOS but didn't win any games of relevance and got in because of how tough it was. They also weren't killer in conference either, tied for fifth in a very average SEC conference. They got in with 15 losses, the most ever I believe.

This year, there seems to be less weight on it. It's just all over the place...

GoHogs1091

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on March 11, 2018, 07:49:29 pm
I don't know much about USC but their numbers look like a 8/9 or better. Norte Dame may have gotten screwed because they would be the 10th ACC team, maybe not. I just don't see OU or Syracuse over Notre Dame who was without their best player for half the season, but is back now in Bonzie Colson.

The NIT is loaded this year.

St. Mary's   Won 28 games this season
Mississippi State   Won 9 conference games, including beating Arkansas, Missouri, Alabama, and Texas A&M who are all NCAAT teams
Southern Cal   Finished 2nd in the PAC 12
Oklahoma State   Beat Kansas twice and beat West Virginia once
Notre Dame
Nebraska   Won 10 Conference games
Middle Tennessee State
Western Kentucky
Louisville

pigroots

As always the NIT will be played and no one will care

hoglady

I thought Okie St got kind of screwed, too.
Beat Kansas twice, Oklahoma twice and West Virginia / and then Oklahoma gets in over them.

Dickie V was really fired up over it.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hogsanity

USC did not beat any of the top 4 teams in the Pac12 if I heard things correctly and the committee said that was a big factor. St Mary's looked alot like USCE did 2 years ago when they won 26 and did not get in. They just play no one in the ooc. MTSU, to me has the biggest gripe. The committee talks about how the conf tourneys do not mean as much as people think then a team that is RANKED gets upset and the committee olds it against them.

Syracuse got in just so we did not have to hear Boeheim whine for a month.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

GoHogs1091

Quote from: pigroots on March 11, 2018, 09:05:19 pm
As always the NIT will be played and no one will care

This year's NCAAT has the potential of being very blah.

This year's NIT is going to be very stoutly contested.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on March 11, 2018, 08:54:01 pm
The NIT is loaded this year.

St. Mary's   Won 28 games this season
Mississippi State   Won 9 conference games, including beating Arkansas, Missouri, Alabama, and Texas A&M who are all NCAAT teams
Southern Cal   Finished 2nd in the PAC 12
Oklahoma State   Beat Kansas twice and beat West Virginia once
Notre Dame
Nebraska   Won 10 Conference games
Middle Tennessee State
Western Kentucky
Louisville

St Mary's got beat by Georgia.
Wow, Miss St can cheat to win at home.
USC couldn't defend home court OOC
Oklahoma State plays to the level of its competition. They have 14 losses because of it.
Notre Dame? Lol
Your last 4 aren't even wort the time

Miss St is in the NIT. It isn't anymore "loaded" than normal