Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I'm ANGRY!

Started by Granny fan, October 12, 2013, 12:16:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Chief Mac

Quote from: CDBHawg on October 12, 2013, 12:30:18 pm
Sigh......

You guys win. Not gonna argue. I'm a Bielema fan, but refuse to blame Petrino for every miscue while he's coaching another team.

It takes years of recruiting to build a solid D at Arkansas. Petrino was getting there, hence our DL. But he's gone and we have what we have.

I give him credit for great DL but the rest....not so much. You're right, he is gone but that does not in any way excuse him from shouldering the blame for the talent level. To put the blame of the deficiencies of the defense on this staff is beyond stupid
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

Chief Mac

Quote from: CDBHawg on October 12, 2013, 12:32:02 pm
He recruited well. The draft picks bear this out.

Name one defender he recruited that was drafted.....ready go!
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

CDBHawg

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on October 12, 2013, 12:34:32 pm
I give him credit for great DL but the rest....not so much. You're right, he is gone but that does not in any way excuse him from shouldering the blame for the talent level. To put the blame of the deficiencies of the defense on this staff is beyond stupid

I'm not doing that. I don't blame them, I just don't blame Petrino either. He found a way to win.

But better days are ahead for sure, it just takes time.

CDBHawg

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on October 12, 2013, 12:35:47 pm
Name one defender he recruited that was drafted.....ready go!

Check back with me in a few years.  ;)

Petrino's first class was 2008. Meaning there hasn't been too much available. I bet a few of these DL get drafted.

ICEman

The kid doesn't have it!
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

Chief Mac

Quote from: CDBHawg on October 12, 2013, 12:35:51 pm
I'm not doing that. I don't blame them, I just don't blame Petrino either. He found a way to win.

But better days are ahead for sure, it just takes time.

Fair enough but do you think he would win with this squad?

Chief Mac

Quote from: CDBHawg on October 12, 2013, 12:37:59 pm
Check back with me in a few years.  ;)

Petrino's first class was 2008. Meaning there hasn't been too much available. I bet a few of these DL get drafted.

Agreed, as I have stated, he recruited some good DL but a DL doesn't mean squat without a good back 7

CDBHawg

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on October 12, 2013, 12:39:03 pm
Fair enough but do you think he would win with this squad?

I do, but only because of they'd be use to his system.

It's tough to win in the SEC with a whole new plan. Factoring in the mess that was last year makes it overly difficult.

I'm ready for year 3 of the Beliema era. I'm just as excited about him as I was Petrino.

Chief Mac

Quote from: CDBHawg on October 12, 2013, 12:40:57 pm
I do, but only because of they'd be use to his system.

It's tough to win in the SEC with a whole new plan. Factoring in the mess that was last year makes it overly difficult.

I'm ready for year 3 of the Beliema era. I'm just as excited about him as I was Petrino.

Given that his system relies on good QB/WR play you really think so huh?

Our WRs are not good and our QB has no confidence because he doesn't have anyone that will make a play from the WR position

Letsroll1200

Our CB play has not improved with this coaching staff. It may be the players!

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: Granny fan on October 12, 2013, 12:16:37 pm
We were told we had the BEST coaching staff in the nation!  Some one sold us a bill of goods.  I'm having a nightmare!  It looks like we have Nutt back for a coach and Casey Dick for QB!   :puke:

this is why condy rice shouldn't be in a playoff committee  ;)

CDBHawg

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on October 12, 2013, 12:42:26 pm
Given that his system relies on good QB/WR play you really think so huh?

Our WRs are not good and our QB has no confidence because he doesn't have anyone that will make a play from the WR position

Okay. How about this?

I have no idea, nor care what Petrino would've done the past two years. Simply because he wasn't and isn't here.

Zcoach

The old bad TN OC  looks like he did when he coached TN here.  How many times do we have to have Allen throw short out rout and get an interception for a TD or close a TD.    He puts Allen in bad position with bad call and int and he has no confidence.  Then he has Allen throw three incompletions and Collins get little to no carries with the ball, it becomes 17-7 before he brings Collins or Williams back in the game.  No rhythm, no confidence.  Look like old TN OC.

Hogist

Everyone keeps saying the same thing.   "Give them time to blah blah".  Tell me, when is it ok to hold someone on the hill responsible?  Just so i know.

CDBHawg

Quote from: Hogist on October 12, 2013, 12:46:37 pm
Everyone keeps saying the same thing.   "Give them time to blah blah".  Tell me, when is it ok to hold someone on the hill responsible?  Just so i know.

3rd year.

Knot2brite

This is the problem with society today...instant gratification over patience...the Hogs have not had a decent defense in ten years. Hog fans only want the deep pass and five wide. Good defense and a balanced offense has won NC after NC but it is the fact that people want to hear on espn that we are better than all the others at playing toss and catch than anyone else. Any offense that emphasizes te running game is immediately Nutt 2.0. Well I like th fact that we have a plan to control the clock and emphasize defense first. The plan is in place...now get the athletes to implement the plan. And if it pisses off our brain surgeon fan...so be it
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

CDBHawg

Quote from: Knot2brite on October 12, 2013, 12:50:47 pm
This is the problem with society today...instant gratification over patience...

Nailed it.

Pig In The City

Quote from: Granny fan on October 12, 2013, 12:24:14 pm
The players seem to have no desire to win.  They make one mistake and fold!  That's on the COACHES!!!!

Football is a fairly simple game.  You either control the line of scrimmage or you don't.  We don't.  The SEC is a cruel place to play when you are playing freshman and sophomores at several positions.  If you don't understand what is happening right now and you are over reacting then you don't know much about football.  It does not help that the fan base is ill-informed and makes stupid posts.  If you are the type of fan base that tunes in to see a victory every game, then maybe this year isn't for you.  Maybe you could save your panicky posts and spend some time learning about the game of football before you get on here and confirm the stereotype about Arkansans.

rljjr

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on October 12, 2013, 12:18:02 pm
C'mon, you see the improvement, right?

You know, I did until this game. There hasn't been any improvement today.

HogAlum99

Well lookie there! You are now a matching set: You're angry and you're an idiot too!

Pig In The City

Quote from: moses_007 on October 12, 2013, 12:57:02 pm
I actually think Bielema is worse than John L. Smith. 

The jury is still out on this entire coaching staff but I have seen some bright spots.  You have to give these coaches time to settle in and work with these young players.  Miracles are built on hard work.  Give it time.  Stop over reacting to every game.

Switchback

Quote from: HogFanDallas on October 12, 2013, 01:10:54 pm
Football is a fairly simple game.  You either control the line of scrimmage or you don't.  We don't.  The SEC is a cruel place to play when you are playing freshman and sophomores at several positions.  If you don't understand what is happening right now and you are over reacting then you don't know much about football.  It does not help that the fan base is ill-informed and makes stupid posts.  If you are the type of fan base that tunes in to see a victory every game, then maybe this year isn't for you.  Maybe you could save your panicky posts and spend some time learning about the game of football before you get on here and confirm the stereotype about Arkansans.

Your right on the money, excellent post.

jcharkansas

Quote from: sickboy1138.2 on October 12, 2013, 12:18:22 pm
Arkansas is definitely an elite program when it comes to fan stupidity. Top 10 year in and year out.
really? we have a stupid fan base because we suck and everyone is mad about it? yea ok we should just embrace being bad that's what a smart fan base would do.  Maybe CB shouldn't have  said he didn't come to win in 3 years he came to win now and then not win, especially Rutgers.  it wouldn't have mattered whether ba played in that game or not he cant throw accurate passes no arm strength no vision

Redhogs

CBB....Biggest blowhard and worst hire in the history of razorback football....period.....if you don't believe it, please open your eyes.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

lrcentral

Dont you dare disrespect C. Dick by camparing him to Allen. The only reason BA is QB is his daddy. GObN at its finest. That is why Arkansas will always fail.

Pig In The City

Quote from: rljjr on October 12, 2013, 01:12:13 pm
You know, I did until this game. There hasn't been any improvement today.

I expected some improvement in the offense this game.  I am not critical.  I just have no idea what they are trying to accomplish on offense.  I am perplexed but I am willing to give it time.  My only knock on this coaching staff was the fact that they let the senior QB transfer but maybe that was not something they had any control over.  I thought going into the season that it was a bad idea to start a soph QB.  I was hoping I would be wrong. 

Lips

Quote from: Erockster20 on October 12, 2013, 12:18:31 pm
How do we have a stupid fan base?  All we are running is hitch routes, underneath to back routes, and nothing else.

Maybe thats all these players are capable of

hogcoots

This is the problem with society today...instant gratification over patience...the Hogs have not had a decent defense in ten years. Hog fans only want the deep pass and five wide. Good defense and a balanced offense has won NC after NC but it is the fact that people want to hear on espn that we are better than all the others at playing toss and catch than anyone else. Any offense that emphasizes te running game is immediately Nutt 2.0. Well I like th fact that we have a plan to control the clock and emphasize defense first. The plan is in place...now get the athletes to implement the plan. And if it pisses off our brain surgeon fan...so be it

We have been pretty patient and tolerant I believe.  I mean, it has been since 1964.  How patient do we as fans have to be?

Redhogs

This team having no heart and being totally lost has zero to do with instant gratification... but hey....enjoy...and keep making excuses...it's the Razorback way.

moses_007

Quote from: Redhogs on October 12, 2013, 01:18:00 pm
CBB....Biggest blowhard and worst hire in the history of razorback football....period.....if you don't believe it, please open your eyes.
Jeff Long made another bad hire. 

HogKongPhooey

Quote from: Redhogs on October 12, 2013, 01:18:00 pm
+100

Knot2brite

Quote from: Redhogs on October 12, 2013, 01:21:31 pm
This team having no heart and being totally lost has zero to do with instant gratification... but hey....enjoy...and keep making excuses...it's the Razorback way.
Enjoy being pissed off for the next fours years because CBB isn't going anywhere unless he wants to...this teams that you say had no heart and looks lost as frosh and sophs might show you something...but people like you are a bigger problem than you will ever be a asset to the program

Knot2brite

Quote from: hogcoots on October 12, 2013, 01:20:47 pm
We have been pretty patient and tolerant I believe.  I mean, it has been since 1964.  How patient do we as fans have to be?
Jeez...CBB has been here less than a year...

jcharkansas

Quote from: Knot2brite on October 12, 2013, 02:07:32 pm
Jeez...CBB has been here less than a year...
yea and all he is doing is losing, JLS is going to have a better record at Arkansas his first year than bert.  We should have a better product for the money he is making.  there is no reason for us to not have a qb that can throw it to a wr accurately, at least in front of him not behind.  what are they doing in practice watching tv?  why did he not use those cupcake games to get some game experience for the qb passing? now the run doesn't work and the pass never did so we cant score more than 7 points in a game.  this is the worst Arkansas team I have ever seen.

weresoclose

We were told we had the BEST coaching staff in the nation!  Some one sold us a bill of goods.  I'm having a nightmare!  It looks like we have Nutt back for a coach and Casey Dick for QB!   :puke:

Don't insult Casey Dick like that!

DeltaBoy

Nope worse.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Something over there

Nutt's teams never got blown out like this. They played their butts off for that man.

Redhogs

Quote from: Knot2brite on October 12, 2013, 02:06:19 pm
Enjoy being pissed off for the next fours years because CBB isn't going anywhere unless he wants to...this teams that you say had no heart and looks lost as frosh and sophs might show you something...but people like you are a bigger problem than you will ever be a asset to the program
Yea....because we don't enjoy getting being bent over and embarrassed on national TV week after week and actually have the gall to state the obvious...gotcha.

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: Redhogs on October 12, 2013, 03:07:58 pm
Yea....because we don't enjoy getting being bent over and embarrassed on national TV week after week and actually have the gall to state the obvious...gotcha.

I remember being embarrassed on national TV under Petrino. But, I'm sure you don't.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

LOL the Nutt comparisons are just crazy.  Give CBB some time.

But the sunshine pumping is also crazy.  Let those who are frustrated with losing vent.

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

pfrg999

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 12, 2013, 12:18:24 pm
Have you seen our roster?

Give the man time to build his team/program.

I am all for that.. But seriously tell me one, just ONE thing that we did better in this game than we did in the last game? after that, Tell me one, just one thing that we did better in the last game, than we did in the game before that?
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

ICEman

If this coaching staff cannot show any intra-year progress, what gives us the confidence that they can show any inter-year progress.  I think Long made a mistake by hiring a coach who has ZERO experience in building a program from essentially what qualifies as a scrap-heap.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

OTTER

I love Hogville, but some of you inbred, mouth breathing, toothless, "fans" are  becoming a bore.
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

1.  I saw some true freshman and sophomores who will be studs very soon.  The staff needs more time.

2.  I didn't like how our D played.  I hope there was a lot of yelling by coaches and silence from the players after the game.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

crabeyes

We are at the record we were supposed to be at right?? The Rutgers game was always a toss up. It would be nice to be 4-3 but 3-4 was the prediction. Not sure why everyone thinks we should be 7-0 going into bama for number one in the west?? We have some crazy ppl on here.

Brandon Allen has no confidence. I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt but he lacks toughness. U can see the fear on his face. I think ulm messed him up last yr.

We moved the ball so well that first series but after the pick almost six our o fell off the map. It is painful watching the growing pains!

Pyrotechnician

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on October 12, 2013, 12:17:14 pm
We really do have one stupid fanbase...

It should be against the rules for the coaching staff and jeff long to post on hogville.
SEC Referees Oath concerning the Arkansas Razorbacks.

I swear to throw the flag...the whole flag and nothing but the flag so help me Mike Slive!

Gohawgs71

Quote from: OTTER on October 12, 2013, 03:22:12 pm
I love Hogville, but some of you inbred, mouth breathing, toothless, "fans" are  becoming a bore.

Agree, far to many toothless inbreds sharing their thoughts

Chief Mac

Quote from: Something over there on October 12, 2013, 03:02:55 pm
Nutt's teams never got blown out like this. They played their butts off for that man.

You obviously didn't see the butt pounding that USC w did to us. 70-17 mean anything to you?  Please, let's not let facts get in our way here

Chief Mac

Quote from: OTTER on October 12, 2013, 03:22:12 pm

Mods have more patience than me....I would've already been taking my frustration out on the numerous idiots on here

Hogman2

GET OVER YOUR ANGER!  WE DO NOT HAVE SEC CALIBER PLAYERS ON DEFENSE OR AT QB RIGHT NOW!