Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

JJ I didnt see her at all during the game yesterday with Seattle

Started by flippinhogmana, May 14, 2017, 12:28:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

flippinhogmana

Not only did I not see her play, I never even saw her on the bench.  Does anyone know if she is still with them?
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

psycHOGlogist

She is not on the roster. Not sure what that means - she could still be in their system somewhere, I suppose - but the kind of deal that JJ had with the Sparks is basically just to be a practice player during preseason. Undrafted free agents pretty much never make WNBA rosters.

Not sure what is next for her, but hope she catches on somewhere.

BWS

She was waived on May 5th. WNBA preseason is pretty much like NFL preseason. Teams usually sign 20 or more players for training camp then cut the roster down to 12 before the season starts, which is the league maximum teams can have.

factchecker

It would be nice for us to offer her a grad assistant position considering what she had to deal with here.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Birminghog

Quote from: factchecker on May 14, 2017, 04:08:08 pm
It would be nice for us to offer her a grad assistant position considering what she had to deal with here.

and what she could learn from MN that would benefit her the next time.

LadybackBBFan

Quote from: Birminghog on May 14, 2017, 06:18:28 pm
and what she could learn from MN that would benefit her the next time.

My guess is that she plays overseas this winter.

hog63

hogman64

Quote from: hog63 on May 15, 2017, 05:00:19 pm
She is going over to play for the No 1 team in Iceland

Maybe she can play a year over there  get Jimmy Dykes purged from her system   come back and  make a WNBA
roster.  She probably needs to forget 90% of everything he ever told her about how to play the game of basketball......