Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I'm Back And Ready For Some SEC Football.

Started by Rolltide4ever, May 08, 2011, 01:31:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolltide4ever

Hog Fans ,

Most of you may remember me from a year or two back, I'm the enemy Bama fan.
I have been out of the country with my job for over a year. I got back home the last week in March. Just in time to have most of my home and most everything I own destroyed in the tornado on 4/27/11. What a welcome home, an F5 destroying everything in it's path.
The only thing that I have right now in this world still, is Alabama football , SEC football to look forward to. I was blessed that none of my children were hurt. I did lose a Uncle that lived in Pleasant Grove Alabama, about 8 miles to my North East. Other than that death we all climbed out of the destruction OK.
I wanted to say Howdy to all the great Hog fans out there, and I look forward to talking Arkansas and Alabama football with all of you again. I have an awful lot of catching up to do. But it will be a welcome distraction from all the death and suffering going on around me right now. I went to 17 funerals in the last week and a half.
I wish all you Hog Fans the best, and if your Hogs get us this year I hope you go on and bring that NC trophy back to the SEC West

Roll Tide. And WPS !
This is the beginning of a new day. God has given me this day to use as I will. I can waste it or use it for good. What I do today is very important because I am exchanging a day of my life for it.
When tomorrow comes,this day will be gone forever,leaving something in its place I have traded for it. I want it to be a gain,not loss-good, not evil. Success,not failure in order that I shall not forget the price I paid for it.
Kept in the wallet of Paul William Bryant.

autohog

Welcome to Hogville, or should I say welcome back!!!!  Sorry for your loss and my continued prayers go out to all of those affected by the  recent devastating storms and flooding across the region.  It's times like these that we realize what is truly important...family and loved ones (and football of course ;D).  Everything else is just stuff and can be replaced.  Here's to a speedy return to normalcy in Tuscaloosa.
Oh, and WPS!!!!   :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

IronHog

Quote from: Rolltide4ever on May 08, 2011, 01:31:02 am
Hog Fans ,

Most of you may remember me from a year or two back, I'm the enemy Bama fan.
I have been out of the country with my job for over a year. I got back home the last week in March. Just in time to have most of my home and most everything I own destroyed in the tornado on 4/27/11. What a welcome home, an F5 destroying everything in it's path.
The only thing that I have right now in this world still, is Alabama football , SEC football to look forward to. I was blessed that none of my children were hurt. I did lose a Uncle that lived in Pleasant Grove Alabama, about 8 miles to my North East. Other than that death we all climbed out of the destruction OK.
I wanted to say Howdy to all the great Hog fans out there, and I look forward to talking Arkansas and Alabama football with all of you again. I have an awful lot of catching up to do. But it will be a welcome distraction from all the death and suffering going on around me right now. I went to 17 funerals in the last week and a half.
I wish all you Hog Fans the best, and if your Hogs get us this year I hope you go on and bring that NC trophy back to the SEC West

Roll Tide. And WPS !

We've been following those tornados rather closely.  Bad stuff.

We'll send plywood and lumber.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

BigPapaHawg

Welcome back..............Sorry for your loss!

WPS!
WOO PIG

Thunderhog Jr

:razorback:

Welcome to Hogville.......

Wish there was something I could say to make all that death and destruction go away.
We dodged a lot of those storms.  Prayers to you.

:razorback:
WPS  <br />Remember the days when we were a national power??  What the Hell happened?

old hog

Rolltide4ever

May 09, 2011, 11:14:04 pm #6 Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 01:11:46 am by Rolltide4ever
Thank You for all the prayers and private messages from all. I was born and raised in Alabama and have lived here all my life. Tornadoes are just a part of living in Alabama, you learn at a very early age what it means when you hear " let's go to the storm cellar ".But in my 41 years I have never seen a day like that ( and I pray that I and no one ever does again ) in all my life. I saw on the news the other day that at one time we had 1 F5, and 2 F4's on the ground at the same time. The tornado that got me, was the same one that hit down town Tuscaloosa near Bryant-Denny Stadium.
After the tornado left where I live at, debri fell from the sky for at the least 10 minutes I guess. I found 2 good links that show most of the tornadoes that day. One video shows just how close the Tuscaloosa tornado came to Bryant-Denny Stadium that day.
Lets talk some football, and get my mind off that stuff for now. How are the Hogs looking at QB this year? Mallett is hard to replace, he was an impact to the game.
But CBP is the best coach in this conference at offense, so ya'll are in good hands in that area. Again thank you Hog fans for the kindness and prayers, at the end of the day we are all on the same team. A BIG WPS to you all! Hope the links below will work and hope you all find a minute to see just how quick your life can change and a loved one gone in the blink of an eye.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sA7TKSHJ_wM

http://blog.al.com/montgomery/2011/04/must_see_top_ten_alabama_torna.html
This is the beginning of a new day. God has given me this day to use as I will. I can waste it or use it for good. What I do today is very important because I am exchanging a day of my life for it.
When tomorrow comes,this day will be gone forever,leaving something in its place I have traded for it. I want it to be a gain,not loss-good, not evil. Success,not failure in order that I shall not forget the price I paid for it.

IronHog

Rolltide4ever

My lord !  That is the first time I have seen a view from above. And that was just the tornado that hit Hackleburg. Iron Hog do you live in Alabama ? Just wondering ?
I heard someone on the national news the other day ask a question " Why didn't everyone just hide ". I knew at that moment that person had never been in a strong tornado.
These tornadoes were just to powerful to " HIDE " from. Unless you got underground, they just blew everything apart. I saw that the Tuscaloosa tornado was at one point a mile and a half wide. And it was on the ground almost all the way across Alabama. The path was over 150 miles long. The tornado that hit Cullman and Hackleburg w as huge, and it killed a lot of people also. Just in a 20 mile circle of my house, 46 people died, guess they didn't " just hide " so well. That was an amazing video, thank you for the link. We have been without power so long, I have not seen much. Even though I live right in the area, I have not had much information or even seen much of the video that everyone else has already seen.

IronHog

May 10, 2011, 12:50:11 pm #9 Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 12:58:11 pm by IronHog
Quote from: Rolltide4ever on May 10, 2011, 01:10:01 am
My lord !  That is the first time I have seen a view from above. And that was just the tornado that hit Hackleburg. Iron Hog do you live in Alabama ? Just wondering ?
I heard someone on the national news the other day ask a question " Why didn't everyone just hide ". I knew at that moment that person had never been in a strong tornado.
These tornadoes were just to powerful to " HIDE " from. Unless you got underground, they just blew everything apart. I saw that the Tuscaloosa tornado was at one point a mile and a half wide. And it was on the ground almost all the way across Alabama. The path was over 150 miles long. The tornado that hit Cullman and Hackleburg w as huge, and it killed a lot of people also. Just in a 20 mile circle of my house, 46 people died, guess they didn't " just hide " so well. That was an amazing video, thank you for the link. We have been without power so long, I have not seen much. Even though I live right in the area, I have not had much information or even seen much of the video that everyone else has already seen.

I live in Arkansas

My wife is into weather and watched all these videos.  Looks like a Wal-Mart distribution center got smashed.

See if this link works.  Shows the tornado tracks across Alabama.

http://cimss.ssec.wisc.edu/goes/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/110428_modis_250m_ch01_ch02_TCL_anim.gif

old hog

J Green

old hog

cmfrtblynumb

The Houston Nutt error is finally over!