Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Solomon Thomas

Started by Karma, December 05, 2015, 09:59:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Remember that name? He's a beast for Stanford now.

Bubba's Bruisers

Of course we remember.  Thanks for rubbing it in.  But glad Stanford is winning.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

grayhawg

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 05, 2015, 10:02:28 pm
Of course we remember.  Thanks for rubbing it in.  But glad Stanford is winning.

SPAL

I heard on hogville that you can take it to the bank he will commit to Arkansas.

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on December 05, 2015, 10:06:21 pm
I heard on hogville that you can take it to the bank he will commit to Arkansas.
I wish he would have.

jry04

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on December 05, 2015, 10:06:21 pm
If you asked the staff, they would have told you the same thing. His sister was telling everyone how excited she was that hr wuld be a hog 2 days before he announced. She goes to school up here and worked at the Tilted Kilt.

HawgLife4Eva

Quote from: jry04 on December 05, 2015, 11:08:43 pm
If you asked the staff, they would have told you the same thing. His sister was telling everyone how excited she was that hr wuld be a hog 2 days before he announced. She goes to school up here and worked at the Tilted Kilt.

Someone took the word of a Tilted Kilt floozy? That is hilarious.

DCimport

I found a good pine tree to cut down that day. 

jry04

Quote from: HawgLife4Eva on December 05, 2015, 11:11:38 pm
Someone took the word of a Tilted Kilt floozy? That is hilarious.
Well, it was his sister. And it wasnt me taking her word. I took what the coaching staff said a little more serious. I was blessed to see them each week back then as I went to my office in the BAC.

SPAL

I'm guilty of it myself. I had a guy in Springfield on the school board tell me that DGB was a hog 2 days before he wasn't. It happens. I was just playing around.

jry04

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on December 05, 2015, 11:48:15 pm
I'm guilty of it myself. I had a guy in Springfield on the school board tell me that DGB was a hog 2 days before he wasn't. It happens. I was just playing around.
I know you were. It is not a big deal to me. After Solomon, I have never believed anythinf with regards to recruiting until they sign on the line. He literally went to bed with one decision, and woke up with another according to everyone involved.

Besides, everything involving recruiting is just speculation until they sign. I appreciate what Richard, Dudley, etc do to provide us information, but you still never know.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: jry04 on December 05, 2015, 11:53:18 pm
After Solomon, I have never believed anythinf with regards to recruiting until they sign on the line.

That is a good lesson for life in general, tbh.

The_Hog_Father

Solomon really should have come here...  :razorback:

Atlhogfan1

Porter Gustin made a big play for USC too.  Would like to have him on Hog D. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Oklahawg

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 05, 2015, 11:59:15 pm
Porter Gustin made a big play for USC too.  Would like to have him on Hog D. 

Saw Suhay Cravens for USC a few weeks ago (however you spell the first name) and remembered it from recruiting.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Tejano Jawg

Yep. But I remember feeling sorta okay he picked Stanford.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Atlhogfan1

Can't go wrong choosing a scholarship to Stanford.  Even if 0-12.  I'm good with kids who do that,  It is kids who go to other public universities who are football factories, or bask, I have an issue with.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Hog Solo

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on December 06, 2015, 12:18:57 am
Yep. But I remember feeling sorta okay he picked Stanford.

Right, I mean it is Stanford.  If my kids have the choice in 12 years I would push them to go there:

JoeyCapital

Quote from: Hog Solo on December 06, 2015, 12:36:12 am
Right, I mean it is Stanford.  If my kids have the choice in 12 years I would push them to go there:
Yeah, my daughter told me today she wants to go to Stanford. I couldn't even get mad.
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

longpig

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 06, 2015, 12:21:51 am
Can't go wrong choosing a scholarship to Stanford.  Even if 0-12.  I'm good with kids who do that,  It is kids who go to other public universities who are football factories, or bask, I have an issue with.

It's a + looking at a razorback recruits offer list and seeing a few smart kid schools. 
Don't be scared, be smart.

acepoker

His sister works at JJ's but she was saying he was coming to Arkansas.

greenEGnHAWGS

Solomon ruined my faith in crystal balls, experts opinions, or any hear-say about recruits. I remember Trey Flowers tweeted him that he needed to come to the UofA and be a part of something special (or something like that) and he retweeted "Yes sir!" Then he pulled out that stupid Pine Tree on signing day...
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

oldhawg

Some of you seem to think that it is all about football.  :)