Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So it turns out, Bobby Petrino was a real asshat

Started by intelligence, December 04, 2015, 06:00:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HogimusMaximus

Buff

I quit caring what he said at the line about the program being on the rise under Nutt when he came. He was likely one of the players that wanted Herring to get the job after Nutt.

immahog

glad he is doing well for himself ....nothin new on BP
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

immahog

Quote from: Buff on December 04, 2015, 06:26:36 am
I quit caring what he said at the line about the program being on the rise under Nutt when he came. He was likely one of the players that wanted Herring to get the job after Nutt.

what was wrong with him feeling that way after the season we had???
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

Philip Seaton

Nothing wrong with that, most players want the guys that recruited them. You never know what you get. You can hold it against the players. Nine times out of 10, they almost always want a current assistant to get the head coaching position when it comes open.

Pork Twain

Well from a recruit's standpoint, or really any outsider, that was an accurate assessment.  Actually it "appeared" that way to almost everyone...  We had just signed one of our top recruiting classes ever, the year before...on paper, finished 10-4/7-1 (1st in the West) and lost the Capitol 1 Bowl by 3 points. 
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

The Big O Oliver Squeeler

Bobby was a good football coach.  As a person he was flawed for sure.  I think he's in a place now where they know what to expect from him.  I bet he ain't happy Richt landed in Miami.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: The Big O Oliver Squeeler on December 04, 2015, 07:04:04 am
Bobby was a good football coach.  As a person he was flawed for sure.  I think he's in a place now where they know what to expect from him.  I bet he ain't happy Richt landed in Miami.

I'm sure he is ok with richt going to Miami. Richt isn't Saban. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

jkstock04

Quote from: Philip Seaton on December 04, 2015, 06:51:23 am
Nothing wrong with that, most players want the guys that recruited them. You never know what you get. You can hold it against the players. Nine times out of 10, they almost always want a current assistant to get the head coaching position when it comes open.
Tyler Wilson and company politicking for John L Smith as head coach says it all.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 06, 2015, 12:12:02 pm
Game winning is not the same as life winning.

He paid to lead young men to win FB games anything else is icing.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

clutch

Quote from: DeltaBoy on December 14, 2015, 02:06:11 pm

That's the most important job as a coach. Winning is important, but it comes second to that. Your view is flawed. I'm a coach and love winning, but I'd rather be fired for losing and setting a good example than win and setting the wrong one.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: clutch on December 16, 2015, 11:55:48 am
That's the most important job as a coach. Winning is important, but it comes second to that. Your view is flawed. I'm a coach and love winning, but I'd rather be fired for losing and setting a good example than win and setting the wrong one.

Are you making millions a year and expected to continue to make your school money every year? 

clutch

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on December 16, 2015, 03:16:00 pm
Are you making millions a year and expected to continue to make your school money every year?

Not making millions, but I am expected to produce winning teams to keep attendance up because the revenue is one of the biggest streams of the athletic budget. Winning is important. You always want to produce a winner since that's what the people see and judge you on. What they don't see is the kind of men you turn your players into. Nothing is more important than teaching these young men how to become great men. That should be the case in any student athlete based team, no matter what level you are on.

The ones that you impact will remember.

I'm a big Bielema fan because of this. I believe he does a great job of both producing good teams and setting a good example at the same time.

Rzbakfromwaybak

December 24, 2015, 04:44:31 pm #17 Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 05:04:06 pm by Rzbakfromwaybak
Quote from: DeltaBoy on December 14, 2015, 02:06:11 pm

Wrong. He was also being paid to keep his contract with the U of A.....all of those conditions in his contract....as being the football coach of the most supported school in the state.  Creating a scandal that gave a black eye to the University (& your employer), cheating on your wife & having an affair with a subordinate after seeking a promotion for her, lying to your boss & the media about it, etc. That's not exactly the best example of someone in the position of leading young men.... anywhere.   
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on December 24, 2015, 04:44:31 pm
Wrong. He was also being paid to keep his contract with the U of A.....all of those conditions in his contract....as being the football coach of the most supported school in the state.  Creating a scandal that gave a black eye to the University (& your employer), cheating on your wife & having an affair with a subordinate after seeking a promotion for her, lying to your boss & the media about it, etc. That's not exactly the best example of someone in the position of leading young men.... anywhere.   

My point exactly! A coach or really ANY person in a position of authority should lead in all aspects and set an example both on and off the field.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Outoftownhog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 03, 2016, 09:06:36 am
My point exactly! A coach or really ANY person in a position of authority should lead in all aspects and set an example both on and off the field.
This

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Glad he is doing well.  That said players rarely choose a school because they are looking for a father figure from a head coach.  Also any kid that truly wants to transfer does not stay simply because they like the fans.
Let's make some waves.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 10, 2016, 11:26:36 am
Yeah he is really kicking some ass there in Louisville.

He didn't do too bad considering he was playing a freshman quarterback. 

Dr. Starcs