Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jon Jones breaks silence on accident, arrest, suspension, return to UFC

Started by SwazyHog, December 01, 2015, 08:27:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SwazyHog

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/11/24/9789486/jon-jones-breaks-silence-on-accident-arrest-suspension-return-to-ufc
"ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. -- Over the past seven months, Jon Jones was involved in a hit and run car accident, suspended by the UFC, stripped of his UFC light heavyweight title, plead guilty to a felony charge of leaving the scene of an accident, given 18 months of supervised probation and finally, in late October, reinstated by the organization.

Throughout this tumultuous time, Jones hasn't talked to the media. He finally broke his silence last week during an exclusive interview with MMAFighting.com. In the interview, Jones talks about everything that he has endured recently, how he plans on rebounding and much more."
"I felt like I owed it to the state. They let me come in and transfer here to Arkansas, and I felt like it wouldn't be fair after one year to just up and leave."

"This is your Public Service Announcement  for 2010: Remember, No One's Buckass Snitshit Crazier Than Arkansas Fans."

PorkRinds

I stopped watching when he told a bunch of grade school kids that he was "a bonafide badass". Really? They're in elementary school.

SwazyHog

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 01, 2015, 09:17:04 pm
I stopped watching when he told a bunch of grade school kids that he was "a bonafide badass". Really? They're in elementary school.
"I felt like I owed it to the state. They let me come in and transfer here to Arkansas, and I felt like it wouldn't be fair after one year to just up and leave."

"This is your Public Service Announcement  for 2010: Remember, No One's Buckass Snitshit Crazier Than Arkansas Fans."

Ragnar Hogbrok

"Everything he has endured?"  Forgive me, but everything that has happened to him is self-inflicted.  Why should I care about his plight?

Just like any fighter/athlete that tests positive for PEDs.  Why should I feel bad for them and cheer their return?  They either weren't careful enough with their nutrition/sup plan or intentionally cheated.  Why should I care about their plight?  Same for illicit drugs/domestic violence/etc.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

HogFansReunited

Quote from: The Chief on December 02, 2015, 10:38:21 am
"Everything he has endured?"  Forgive me, but everything that has happened to him is self-inflicted.  Why should I care about his plight?

Just like any fighter/athlete that tests positive for PEDs.  Why should I feel bad for them and cheer their return?  They either weren't careful enough with their nutrition/sup plan or intentionally cheated.  Why should I care about their plight?  Same for illicit drugs/domestic violence/etc.

I agree.  I think Jon Jones is one of the best fighters I have seen but he has to do it clean.  I will never respect him when he is using and everything he does will be in question now.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

PorkRinds

Quote from: SwazyHog on December 02, 2015, 07:54:15 am

I mean, I just expect a guy to not cuss in front of elementary school kids, at school.  Is that too much to ask? If one of them repeated those exact words, they'd get in trouble.