Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Baylor and TCu showing another reason not to run your qb

Started by hogsanity, November 25, 2015, 11:38:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsanity

Both had starting Qb's suffer injuries running the ball and now Baylor is on Qb #3. It is why you do not have your qb run the ball 15+ times a game unless they are built like Cam Newton or Dak P at MSU.  Northern Ill same thing, down to their 3rd string QB. BYU was on their 3rd stringer for a while too.  When the Qb is so important to your team, why intentionally put him in harms way? It is sometimes unavoidable that the qb has to run, but not used as a running back.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

presidenthog

Quote from: hogsanity on November 25, 2015, 11:38:57 pm
Both had starting Qb's suffer injuries running the ball and now Baylor is on Qb #3. It is why you do not have your qb run the ball 15+ times a game unless they are built like Cam Newton or Dak P at MSU.  Northern Ill same thing, down to their 3rd string QB. BYU was on their 3rd stringer for a while too.  When the Qb is so important to your team, why intentionally put him in harms way? It is sometimes unavoidable that the qb has to run, but not used as a running back.

but Matt jones sure was fun to watch!!  ;)

hogsanity

Quote from: presidenthog on November 25, 2015, 11:58:32 pm
but Matt jones sure was fun to watch!!  ;)

thing about him was I only remember him getting sloberkocked one time, no one ever got a great shot on him.  But he was not running between the tackles a lot either like these read option guys do today.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Swine-as-wine

Isn't Baylor's QB out, with the neck injury he suffered from a guy that speared him in the head on a sack?
Stidham isn't a running QB by any means.

bigdaddyhawg

Good point!
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Hogarusa

Injuries happen.  You're talking about 2 teams who last year finished as the first 2 out of the playoffs and this year have a combined 3 losses.  Our QB hasn't been injured but everyone else has been, 5 losses.
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

OklaU

Don't forget the ones who have led their teams to Championships.  Swine-as-wine is correct, some of the injuries are those that can occur to any QB.
"Just because you had the last word, doesn't make it anymore true."

jackflash

to me the only reason Baylor runs the ball is to give their QB arm a rest.

Aporkalypse Now

It's definitely risk/reward football. Personally I prefer the traditional pocket passer who can run when he has to , but doesn't necessarily have running plays designed specifically FOR him, but with the speed that so many teams have on defense, I can certainly see the appeal to having another offensive weapon.

Also, a college coach's job is ultimately to win ballgames, not make sure a guy is healthy for the NFL or whatever.