Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hunter Mickelson

Started by TebowHater, November 25, 2015, 09:35:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TebowHater

Watching the Vandy-KU game and heard a name that sounded familiar..what is the story with his transfer? I assume it was not a PT issue if he is playing for #5 Kansas? Anyway, just wondering what the story was...Could use his size this year!

The Hogfather

November 25, 2015, 09:42:30 pm #1 Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 09:57:34 pm by The Hogfather
Quote from: TebowHater on November 25, 2015, 09:35:54 pm
Watching the Vandy-KU game and heard a name that sounded familiar..what is the story with his transfer? I assume it was not a PT issue if he is playing for #5 Kansas? Anyway, just wondering what the story was...Could use his size this year!

He's so terrible.  He had/has potential, but just doesn't have IT.  He's a baby deer playing basketball for the first time and he always will be.

hogwood

Quote from: TebowHater on November 25, 2015, 09:35:54 pm

Basically his parents talked him into transferring. He was too slow and didn't play well in CMA'S system as he was recruited by Pelphrey. He was a Hog kid through and through but his parents wanted him to move somewhere he could have another shot. Stupid to move to KU. Right after he transferred they recruited Embiid. I kind of liked him and thought he had potential. If he hadn't transferred he would've been a senior last year and been a big player off the bench or maybe even starting with Portis/Mickelson combo. Could've been sweet IMO.

Danny J

In his limited minutes tonight he looked completed lost. He still plays like a freshman. That is not a knock on him per se because I know he loves the Hogs and I am sure is still a Hog fan. Just hate it for him that he never developed.

Hawg Red

I get that passing up a chance to go to Kansas would be tough, but that was just not a good landing spot. He should have gone the Rotnei route and transferred to Butler.

rude1

With the superior big man coaching he is getting at KU it's only a matter of time before he develops into a sure fire NBA player.................

Swinesong1

November 26, 2015, 07:49:20 am #6 Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 09:59:40 am by Swinesong1
Three years of "better" coaching really has turned him into an NBA draft pick.  That KS system has allowed him to show off all those skills that Anderson wasn't smart enough to take advantage of.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Swinesong1 on November 26, 2015, 07:49:20 am
Three years of "better" coaching really has turned him into an NBA draft pick.  That KS system has allowed him to show off all those skills that Anderson was smart enough to take advantage of.
A real stat sheet stuffer, huh ???

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: rude1 on November 26, 2015, 06:23:13 am
With the superior big man coaching he is getting at KU it's only a matter of time before he develops into a sure fire NBA player.................

Reminds me of that deal with Philip McKellar. Wally Hall  and a couple of other meddlers thought he'd get better coaching at stAte.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.