Previous topic - Next topic

Großer Kriegschwein

"Explosive offenses"

"Aggressive defenses"

One true champion"

"No championship game"

"No divisions"

"Champion determined on the field"

Looks like they are putting it all out there in case it eats itself this weekend/season.
This is my non-signature signature.

Dr. Starcs

Murr

ricepig

Buff

The only team with a decent defense is the favorite to win the conference Saturday, and punch their ticket to the Playoff.

If OSU knocks off OU then it'll be a mess like last year.  OSU beats OU, who beat Baylor, who beat OSU.  Committee would just leave them all out as punishment for that bs.

Oliver

Quote from: Buff on November 25, 2015, 07:13:03 am
The only team with a decent defense is the favorite to win the conference Saturday, and punch their ticket to the Playoff.

If OSU knocks off OU then it'll be a mess like last year.  OSU beats OU, who beat Baylor, who beat OSU.  Committee would just leave them all out as punishment for that bs.

The Stars have aligned for OU this year.  Baylor's starting QB gets hurt 2 weeks before their game.  Boykin gets hurt before their game.  Huge comeback in the Tennessee choke job.  Stop TCU on a last second two point conversion.  They even lose to a team as putrid as Texas and they are still in the top 4.  Nothing in Stillwater is stopping them. 

Oliver

Quote from: sevenof400 on November 26, 2015, 03:23:48 pm
There is still the matter of how the loss to Texas is going to be viewed.  And how the rest of the Big 12 (er, 10) finishes this season.  OU is not a lock even if they win out. 

They are a guaranteed lock if they win Sat and this week's ranks prove it.  I mean I won't say that they aren't playing like one of the better teams in the country right now but I just find it difficult to argue that a team like ND isn't their equal (apparently big wins are more important than terrible losses) or that Mich St who has just as many big wins and a loss which was on a horrible call isn't better or their equal either.

But if they win on Sat I guarantee you they are in the playoffs.  And they'll win Sat

Oliver

Quote from: sevenof400 on November 26, 2015, 03:42:07 pm
One of the problems Notre Dame is having is the quality of their wins is diminishing.  OU might very well experience that same issue if Baylor and TCU lose (and certainly who they lose to -if they do- will figure significantly). 

OU can be passed in the rankings by the Mich St / Iowa winner (assuming that winner wins this weekend too).  That would NOT drop them from the Final 4 BUT would move them to #4.  That would squarely pit OU against Notre Dame - again assuming everything holds course. 

Do not underestimate Notre Dame when it comes to mysterious jumps in the polls / ratings.  History teaches us this. 

Iowa needs to win out if they want to make the CFP because of their weak schedule.  Last year the whole "Big 12 was left out!" garbage was the talk you heard afterwards.  They aren't leaving them out this year if OU wins.  Especially since OU is one of the few teams that holds more clout than ND when it comes to program respectability.  And if OU and ND both beat a top 15 team on Sat, ND will not jump OU in the rankings.