Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CFB Coaching Openings

Started by WilsonHog, October 12, 2015, 06:16:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Jerry Palm ‏@jppalmCBS 35m35 minutes ago

Illini drop the interim from Bill Cubit's title, give him 2-year deal as head coach

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN 4m4 minutes ago

Justin Fuente will be new coach at Virginia Tech. Bud Foster & Shane Beamer will remain on Hokies' staff, source told @espn
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Quote from: jbcarol on November 28, 2015, 01:29:37 pm

Justin Fuente will be new coach at Virginia Tech. Bud Foster & Shane Beamer will remain on Hokies' staff, source told @espn

https://twitter.com/geoff_calkins/status/670646466315223041

dhizzle

I think Missouri fans wanted Fuente from Memphis. V. Tech must have been working a deal for a while.

rljjr

Quote from: dhizzle on November 28, 2015, 01:46:35 pm
I think Missouri fans wanted Fuente from Memphis. V. Tech must have been working a deal for a while.

Mizzou isn't getting anyone of note. They're going to have to go the up and comer route or hire from within. No established coach is going to step into that mess. They have issues far deeper than football. Look for students to be on the selection committee, too, or else there might be another protest.

BPsTheMan

If A&M somehow were to open, UNC's Larry Fedora is the no-brainer

neat old story about Fedora's barber father, barber shop across from A&M

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/larry-fedoras-dad-college-station-barber-29918

Bebop

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on November 28, 2015, 04:44:28 pm
If A&M somehow were to open, UNC's Larry Fedora is the no-brainer

neat old story about Fedora's barber father, barber shop across from A&M

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/larry-fedoras-dad-college-station-barber-29918

Fedora is a solid coach. I think he would do well at a higher caliber program.

HamHands

When a few SEC jobs become available? Is he bant from SEC? Didn't see it mentioned yet.
One day at a time.

jbcarol

ICYMI:

Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN 14m14 minutes ago

Toledo's Matt Campbell will be new coach at Iowa State @ESPNRittenberg reports. 1st reported by Toledo Blade

hog.goblin

Quote from: jbcarol on November 29, 2015, 07:43:15 am
ICYMI:

Toledo's Matt Campbell will be new coach at Iowa State @ESPNRittenberg reports. 1st reported by Toledo Blade

I figured Campbell was headed to Mizzou.  Tells you just how unattractive the University of Missouri is right now.

ricepig

TomBigBeeHog

I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

BR

"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

ChicoHog

Can't believe UGA fired Richt.  They better have a backup plan.  Kind of like the LSU/Les Miles situation. 

BPsTheMan

November 29, 2015, 12:19:14 pm #164 Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 12:33:59 pm by Harry Rex Vonner
Kyle Flood fired at Rutgers

Flood will be a home run offensive line coach hire for someone

Big Boi

ICYMI:

Basically landed this job with his victory at War Memorial

ricepig

Quote from: Big Boi on November 29, 2015, 01:17:00 pm
Basically landed this job with his victory at War Memorial

It could have been his victory over Iowa St??

WilsonHog

November 29, 2015, 03:25:14 pm #167 Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 04:50:29 pm by Tom Bennett
Looks like Memphis is trying to woo Barry Odom, their former DC, who is also scheduled for a second interview with Mizzou.

Temple's Matt Rhule is also on Mizzou's radar.

ChicoHog

ICYMI:

He has done a really good job there.  They actually play some defense which is not common in the MAC.  Hope he turns the Cylcones into a competitive program.  That's a tough gig.

JHicks3636

There may be enough openings that even Nutt gets an interview.

BPsTheMan

Butch Davis has officially interviewed at Miami

BR

Dino Babers @CoachBabersBG

The rumors about me accepting a job at UCF are not true. I am focused on @BG_Football and winning a MAC Championship Friday night.

BPsTheMan

Quote from: BR on November 29, 2015, 08:20:25 pm

Dino Babers @CoachBabersBG

The rumors about me accepting a job at UCF are not true. I am focused on @BG_Football and winning a MAC Championship Friday night.

I blame ricepig for this

moses_007

I have never seen this many head coaching openings in one season. 

BPsTheMan

A&M will be firing it's OC

fun rumor on TD is that Steve Spurrier wants to be Sumlin's OC at TAMU

Doug

Quote from: moses_007I have never seen this many head coaching openings in one season.
The magic number is 32 coaching changes... that was after the 2013-14 regular season.

What's different about THIS year is the number of high profile HC gigs opening up. That's what's blowing my mind right now.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

HAWG MAFIA

A budddy texted me last night after i'd gone to bed. said he saw a report that Mizzou had hired Nutt, as nuch as i would love that i've seen no confirmed reports of it this morning

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: jbcarol on November 28, 2015, 01:29:37 pm

VT makes it official.

"Justin is a very impressive individual who also happens to be one of the brightest offensive minds in college football. He elevated Memphis to unprecedented heights. His recruiting philosophy is progressive and comprehensive. Coach Fuente has displayed tremendous talent in evaluating players and developing young men as they strive to reach their full potential. Simply put, Coach Fuente exudes all the qualities that Hokies hold near and dear. We are excited to officially welcome Justin Fuente as the leader of the Virginia Tech football program."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/virginia-tech-makes-justin-fuente-hire-official-195720001.html
Go Hogs Go!

DLUXHOG

Quote from: BR on November 29, 2015, 11:38:30 am
Mark Richt fired at Georgia

This is a hard one to believe........ wow...   does Richt retire or go coach somewhere else?
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Tim Harris

Quote from: Doug on November 30, 2015, 04:38:36 am
The magic number is 32 coaching changes... that was after the 2013-14 regular season.

What's different about THIS year is the number of high profile HC gigs opening up. That's what's blowing my mind right now.

I don't know that it will reach that many total but may get close.  Several of these jobs are ones that will take existing HCs opening up other jobs.

hog.goblin

Quote from: Tim Harris on November 30, 2015, 08:46:37 am
I don't know that it will reach that many total but may get close.  Several of these jobs are ones that will take existing HCs opening up other jobs.

It will be close.  Up to 20 with 13 positions still to fill.

The_Iceman

Poll: Who is the best available coach for each opening?

jbcarol

Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN 3m3 minutes ago

Clay Helton loses interim label, named head coach at USC

The_Iceman

Quote from: jbcarol on November 30, 2015, 09:47:37 am

And the Pac 12 rejoices. They could have done so much better. These situations never work out. He will be gone in 2 years.

Wildhog

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 30, 2015, 09:59:05 am
And the Pac 12 rejoices. They could have done so much better. These situations never work out. He will be gone in 2 years.

I think back to Bill Stewart at WVU.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

The_Iceman

Tim Harris

gawntrail

USC being my 'home' team, I like the hire.  Keeping Helton is a good idea while they figure out what to do with Haden.  Haden will probably retire and Troy will get to work on healing and hiring a solid AD.  Since the Reggie Bush days, the cloud has been dark.  The recruits are always there... and so is the graft and grifters. 

Helton may be one of those unconventional hires that works out.

ricepig

Quote from: gawntrail on November 30, 2015, 10:21:19 am
USC being my 'home' team, I like the hire.  Keeping Helton is a good idea while they figure out what to do with Haden.  Haden will probably retire and Troy will get to work on healing and hiring a solid AD.  Since the Reggie Bush days, the cloud has been dark.  The recruits are always there... and so is the graft and grifters. 

Helton may be one of those unconventional hires that works out.

https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/671365986679988224

thirrdegreetusker

BPs phone must be ringing off the wall...........

clutch

Quote from: DLUXHOG on November 30, 2015, 08:34:17 am
This is a hard one to believe........ wow...   does Richt retire or go coach somewhere else?

If I'm South Carolina, I have him on campus today

clutch

Extremely underwhelming for what was considered the biggest job available. I bet Georgia just sighed a sigh of relief. They are now clearly the most prestigious job.

The_Iceman

Quote from: clutch on November 30, 2015, 11:22:28 am
If I'm South Carolina, I have him on campus today

Agreed. He could do well there. Plus, South Carolina would be happy with 8-9 win seasons from Richt, with the occasional run at the East title.

BR

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 4m4 minutes ago

Wonder who reached out RT @MarkBermanFox26: .@CoachTomHerman says he's reached agreement in principle on a new contract with @UHouston

The_Iceman

Quote from: clutch on November 30, 2015, 11:23:38 am
Extremely underwhelming for what was considered the biggest job available. I bet Georgia just sighed a sigh of relief. They are now clearly the most prestigious job.

Agreed. They are trying to find the next Pete Carroll within their coaching base. Too afraid to try something different. What they will end up with is likely an Arkansas basketball situation

The_Iceman

Quote from: BR on November 30, 2015, 11:32:13 am
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 4m4 minutes ago

Wonder who reached out RT @MarkBermanFox26: .@CoachTomHerman says he's reached agreement in principle on a new contract with @UHouston

All that means is it will be more expensive to get him away from Houston (buyout).

HamIAm

Quote from: DLUXHOG on November 30, 2015, 08:34:17 am

I heard most of the UGA press conference on XM this morning.  When asked if he would be interested in another coaching job Richt said "definitely."  He then added that he would really rather have OC position or be a position coach, mentioning specifically QB coach. 

husker71

Richt will sit out one year and then be the head coach at Nebraska (my wishful thinking)    Helton was Hadens lazy way of leaving his AD position.