Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Errors on Press Row this AM

Started by Chuck Porker, June 13, 2006, 09:52:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck Porker

I just want to correct some motorcycling errors from this AM. It drives me crazy when reporters give out incorrect information.
The Hayabusa is NOT a racing bike. It is way too big and heavy. It is a sportsbike.
Some folks do drag race them.
When I lived in Australia, this was THE ticket for running between the ranches. Usually 300-400 miles at 120 MPH. Petrol was the only problem. They were actually faster than the ranches little Cubs they flew to count cattle.

It was the fastest bike from 2000-2002 when Suzuki detuned her. No longer.

And anybody riding in town is a freakin idiot. That is a subliminal deathwish. These things are made for Mt Magazine or Hiway 7

CP
CP

mikeirwin

We were not pretending to be experts on motorcycles. We pointed that out. The term "racing bike" was used to distinguish between the bike Rothlisberger was driving and say a typical Harley you see around town. I fail to see why this "drives you crazy." The general public is not interested in technical differences between this bike and one that would be used in a race. The bike he was on was built for speed. Who cares if it can be used for racing or if it is simply really fast ?  This wasn't a discussion on motorcycle types. It was a discussion about Rothlisberger and what was he doing tooling around town on a bike that is way too fast for the typical conditions he would encounter on a city street.

SouthSide Johnny

detuned yea right fastest things on two wheels right out of the crate 180mph+,  this is review of the 2006 Hayabusa 1300R The engine is a liquid-cooled inline four with a bore of 81mm, stroke of 63mm and displacement of 1298cc. So this bike will pack a punch. It has a power output of 175bhp at 9,800rpm which means serious fun.
At the end of a standing half mile the bike will be doing around 180mph which will scare any biker.

As a biker myself we don't any more of these speed demon idiots on HWY7 or Mt Magazine...
Some Say it's Raining Elephants but They Go Outside Anyway..

HogISH™

sorry i missed press row this am... just watch'd a black box on my pc for 2 hours w/ no sound coming out...

mike, please have the butler bunker boys fix the link.. plug the little blue cable that goes to the cox modem back into the back of the computer. hit control alt delete and pray bill gates got one thing right.

HogISH
|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|...BEER   TRUCK..........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -|
"(@)'(@)"""''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)

Hogville Trash Can Moderator - my theme song:

Isn't it rich, isn't it queer
Losing my timing this late in my career  And where are the clowns  Quick send in the clowns  Don't bother they're here.