Previous topic - Next topic

TulsaHawg

http://www.ncaasports.com/baseball/mens/brackets/viewable/special64/2006/DI

UGA is the only SEC team to make it.
4 ACC teams are in.
1 Pac -10
1 C-USA
1 Big West

3 of the top 8 seeds didn't make it.  They were Texas, Bama, and Nebraska.

Big Papa Satan

WindyCityHog

Albert Einswine

No Texas.  That means the CWS will be meaningful this year.

Go Rice! Go Owls!
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

94 Hawg

Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers

maniax22bolts20

Go UGA and CSU-F Titans I guess. Should be good watching though. Need I point out that RICE has 55 WINS and we're sitting at home ? Yea,I know I'm angry again. Yes, that's right. No offense to the Owls but... well nothing else can be done now about this season so why not Go Owls too if they get by the Bulldogs. ooooooooOOOOOOOMMMAAAAHHHHHHAAAAAAA !!!
cLICK ON 94 Hogs ST.JUDE banner and donate by the way yall.

HognotinMemphis

The SEC isn't the powerhouse everyone thinks it is in baseball. But the ACC apparently is.

Hope Ga. does us proud.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

litmachog

Yeah, I fussed because they matched Georgia and South Carolina against each other in the Super Regional but it's a good thing they did as we might not have had anyone in the CWS this year.

WhenPigsFly

Two years ago it WAS the SEC that had half the field at Omaha.  This year the ACC is obviously better.   Let them prove it over a period of years, then we'll talk.

Vandyhog4

The SEC is a powehouse in baseball, as is the ACC.  It was only two years ago that half of the Omaha field (4 teams for you math majors) was from the SEC.  I believe this is the 14th consecutive year that as SEC team has made it to Omaha.

CharlieHog

Quote from: HoginMemphis on June 13, 2006, 08:36:17 am
The SEC isn't the powerhouse everyone thinks it is in baseball. But the ACC apparently is.

This is not the first year college baseball has been played.

CharlieHog

Quote from: Vandyhog4 on June 13, 2006, 08:41:22 am
The SEC is a powehouse in baseball, as is the ACC.  It was only two years ago that half of the Omaha field (4 teams for you math majors) was from the SEC.  I believe this is the 14th consecutive year that as SEC team has made it to Omaha.

The SEC has sent 4 teams to Omaha twice, actually.

Vandyhog4

Quote from: CharlieHog on June 13, 2006, 08:44:59 am
Quote from: Vandyhog4 on June 13, 2006, 08:41:22 am
The SEC is a powerhouse in baseball, as is the ACC.  It was only two years ago that half of the Omaha field (4 teams for you math majors) was from the SEC.  I believe this is the 14th consecutive year that an SEC team has made it to Omaha.

The SEC has sent 4 teams to Omaha twice, actually.

1997 and 2004.  Only LSU went to both.  I think that speaks to the depth of the Conference.