Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Phil Steele's Mag speaks well of the Hogs

Started by JJHog, June 12, 2006, 08:07:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JJHog

Says he almost pciked them the best in the SEC West

" Think Right, Do Right"

Puerco Diablo

Steele's comments were very positive.  Picking them 13th is exciting.

The one question I have is, how far can we really go without a proven QB?

Richard_white

If he says we will almost win it than I think thats good enough for me. :-\

pimphog

Quote from: Richard_white on June 12, 2006, 08:13:48 pm
If he says we will almost win it than I think thats good enough for me. :-\
where can i pick up his magazine?

Zen_Hog

hydrophonic

I ran across this on a video game site:
QuoteYeah so where are Phil Steele's power rankings (the actual rank of teams by how good they are, not factoring in anything about schedules)

Quote from: Phil Steele
...my preseason rankings are NOT my Power Ratings. As an example - Louisville is rated #14 in my Power Poll or overall talent rankings but due to a manageable schedule , I have them #3 overall...These rankings reflect not only talent, but the strength of schedule and how each team should finish the season

PS's Power Poll

1. OU
2. Texas
3. USC
4. Ohio St.
5. Notre Dame
6. Auburn
7. Michigan
8. Cal
9. FSU
10. Florida
11. Miami, Fl
12. Arkansas
13. LSU
14. Louisville
15. Tenn.
16. Va Tech
17. Iowa
18. Clemson
19. Oregon
20. Georgia
21. Nebraska
22. Penn St.
23. Texas Tech
24. WVU
25. Ariz. St.

Three of my 7 sets of power ratings call Arkansas the best team in the SEC. Ark's schedule is manageable so after 2 straight losing seasons, the Hogs are an SEC contender and will get to a big-time bowl as I call them my Most Improved Team in the nation.

Anybody that has the magazine care to confirm this?
"The future sucks." "Change it."

larrylegend33

Ive been buying phil steele for over ten years now.  By far the best and most accurate out there.  The only other time he had us picked high was the year we won the west with stoerner and burlsworth.  He had us picked that year and says this year is similiar with tons of talent.  He actually says we have more talent than most sec teams this year.

ralphy

Quote from: larrylegend33 on June 12, 2006, 09:15:28 pm
Ive been buying phil steele for over ten years now.  By far the best and most accurate out there.  The only other time he had us picked high was the year we won the west with stoerner and burlsworth.  He had us picked that year and says this year is similiar with tons of talent.  He actually says we have more talent than most sec teams this year.

the talent is there and we have alot of experience coming back. they usually translate into a  solid team.

Richard_white

Quote from: ralphy on June 12, 2006, 09:17:42 pm
Quote from: larrylegend33 on June 12, 2006, 09:15:28 pm

the talent is there and we have alot of experience coming back. they usually translate into a  solid team.

Aren't we returning almost every starter from last years team?  We had the talent last year but wasn't able to use it.

GuvHog

Quote from: hydrophonic on June 12, 2006, 08:27:10 pm
I ran across this on a video game site:
QuoteYeah so where are Phil Steele's power rankings (the actual rank of teams by how good they are, not factoring in anything about schedules)

Quote from: Phil Steele
...my preseason rankings are NOT my Power Ratings. As an example - Louisville is rated #14 in my Power Poll or overall talent rankings but due to a manageable schedule , I have them #3 overall...These rankings reflect not only talent, but the strength of schedule and how each team should finish the season

PS's Power Poll

1. OU
2. Texas
3. USC
4. Ohio St.
5. Notre Dame
6. Auburn
7. Michigan
8. Cal
9. FSU
10. Florida
11. Miami, Fl
12. Arkansas
13. LSU
14. Louisville
15. Tenn.
16. Va Tech
17. Iowa
18. Clemson
19. Oregon
20. Georgia
21. Nebraska
22. Penn St.
23. Texas Tech
24. WVU
25. Ariz. St.

Three of my 7 sets of power ratings call Arkansas the best team in the SEC. Ark's schedule is manageable so after 2 straight losing seasons, the Hogs are an SEC contender and will get to a big-time bowl as I call them my Most Improved Team in the nation.

Anybody that has the magazine care to confirm this?

A #12 Final ranking with an overall record of 10-2? I'LL TAKE IT!
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!