Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What About the Heart of the Baseball team!

Started by RazrBakr, March 05, 2005, 11:57:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RazrBakr

I made the right desicion today.  I got to outside and watch a live baseball, at beautiful Baum Stadium. I saw a team which fought back yesterday to win big in the late innings.  I saw a team with a never-die attitude, over come 2 errors in the first inning to jump on the scoreboard early and score often.  I sure didn't see an Arkansas team go over 13 minutes without scoring.  Almost made it bearable to come home and fast forward through another lackluster performance by the "what happened to these guys" team.  Arkansas Baseball Good!:  Arkansas Basketball Bad! 
Just can't help smiling these days!!!

heathshogs

Come on RazrBakr, the top of the 7th lasted at least 15 minutes where we didn't score. :)
A ticket is not permission to be entertained. It's a license to go to work.--Hognoxious

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: RazrBakr on March 05, 2005, 11:57:48 pm
I made the right desicion today. I got to outside and watch a live baseball, at beautiful Baum Stadium. I saw a team which fought back yesterday to win big in the late innings. I saw a team with a never-die attitude, over come 2 errors in the first inning to jump on the scoreboard early and score often. I sure didn't see an Arkansas team go over 13 minutes without scoring. Almost made it bearable to come home and fast forward through another lackluster performance by the "what happened to these guys" team. Arkansas Baseball Good!: Arkansas Basketball Bad!

I'm with you Razrbakr, i feel your excitement too.  I mean Baseball is just a breath of fresh air, after a 5-6 football season, (we havent seen under nutt, no bowl) and a basketball season im not even sure what to say about it.  The guys have heart, and are making alot of noise.  I'm proud to be a Razorback with Van Horn on my side.  That guy is just good at what he does.  I hope our momentum carries over in to conference and we make another trip to omaha. GHG
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Amityvillehogger

Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

artyhog

It is early in the season and errors will happen.  Getting victories even with mistakes builds confidence.  But the time the Diamond Hogs get to the SEC schedule, they will be better tuned.

I have been more impressed with the pitchers so far this year.

WindyCityHog

It's high time that the Hog faithful took full notice of the Diamond Hogs....Defensively, the Hogs need to improve, along with the starting pitching.....but this team, and the coach, are the shiznit....Van Horn is something else....

However, I hope that the basketball failure is not the reason fans will start taking notice.....This team is too good for that.

artyhog

I agree.  But I believe that the Hogs fans want a winner, no matter what sport.

Amityvillehogger

I just like seeing the razorbacks win, no matter what sport, it could be water polo and id be happy with a win.  But you guys are right, this team is something special.  Not sure what it is right now, hopefully we'll know come summer.  GO HOGS! ;D
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

doo-ran

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Lament, Lamenting, Lamented, will Lament, it has been going on all spring. Pull up to the Sunshine Pump in the other thread and get a fill up. I don't want to read threads about what the baseball team could have been or how sad they are now. Whether past, present or future, the downfall began with the suspensions last year... Go Hogs and Get Over It!!! Suck it up and Kick butt next year!

Bacon The Saddle Again

Geez, it's been a while since basketball season, but didn't we come from behind against Florida to win this year?  And some others too, maybe Bama?  I don't remember.  But I think I remember the Hogs coming from behind and showing some guts more than once this basketball season.

doo-ran

Purely satire, based on the thread started by TulsaHawg regarding the Baseball team this year...Actually, I was very pleased with the Florida comeback and the late turnaround with Bama. I couldn't have been more pleased with a group of "individuals". The recent problems of the baseball team against ORU did not lack heart. I applaud their competitive spirit in a very tough conference, and an extremely tough draw in the regional. I am saying that it is ashame that our Basketball team could never show the same emotion especially after accomplishing much less. Go Hogs, Love your team before yourself!!!

RazrBakr

I'm glad someone brought this thread back to life.  Anyone remember the pride they had when the Basketball team went one and done in NCAA? Remember how your  heart swelled with pride as mine did, when we watched helplessly as our beloved hogs got SPANKED by the mighty Bucknell Bison on national TV?!(I felt pretty embarassed myself) "Well, what about ORU", some will say.  Anyone watch any of the Clemson vs. ORU highlights?  Did you see how close ORU came to beating the #1 Clemson Tigers?  Had it not been for late inning heroics of the Clemson batters, ORU pulls another major upset.  That's the same ORU we lost 2 games to by a combined 2 points.  The original intent of this thread was to point out the heart and courage of our baseball team.  I'll admit, they didn't hit like they could have all season, there were many injuries in veteran players, they had to "bullpen by committee".  But they still battled, won and fought to a 3rd place tie overall in SEC baseball AND EARNED the right to host a regional.  They showed heart and left it all on the field every.  The basketball team should and probably will be back next year and will be much stronger.  I will be cheering for them as hard as I have all my life.  However, I'm like Coach Van Horn, I am very excited about baseball next year.  It'll be Omaha CWS or bust!!!

:razorback: Go Hogs!!! :razorback: 
Just can't help smiling these days!!!

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: Bacon The Saddle Again on June 12, 2006, 10:55:45 pm
Geez, it's been a while since basketball season, but didn't we come from behind against Florida to win this year?  And some others too, maybe Bama?  I don't remember.  But I think I remember the Hogs coming from behind and showing some guts more than once this basketball season.

GOOD LORD WAKE UP YOU SLUMBERING FOOL!!!!
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Bacon The Saddle Again

It's fine to be proud of our baseball because of their guts, but it just sounds like you comparting that to the basketball team which in your estimation did not show any guts.  We came back from double digit deficits against strong opponents more than once AND won at Tennessee.  Yeah, we lost to Bucknell, but that was our only bad loss in the second half of the season.  I'm very optimistic about the direction of the basketball team and how they played down the stretch.