Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 25, 2024, 06:27:04 am

QB Play/Whaley

Started by AirWarren, September 03, 2016, 10:03:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

Agim. Whaley. Our secondary. Very disappointed in their play. Whaley and Agim were non existent.

Meanwhile, Houston had a freshman wrecking shop on Oklahoma today.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on September 03, 2016, 09:59:37 pm
Well let's just hope he learns it earlier than his brother. I have really only focused on him in the spring game and  today, and both times i have only seen the BA stare down the receiver problem recurring. I am starting to question the efficacy of the manning passing Academy

Your concern is understood.

BPsTheMan

Quote from: Prestworthy on September 03, 2016, 07:45:02 pm
I'm not sure I can handle another rebuilding year at QB. AA has been in the system 3 years and should be making better decisions.

Where was Whaley?? I think I saw him carry the ball 3 times?

go away

Nosboar Accubond

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 03, 2016, 08:09:00 pm
Allen completed 69%. He forced two bad passes, but 69%, geez. I didn't like the lack of throws downfield. I didn't like the underuse of three-receiver formations. We have a lot of receivers and underused them. No long throws wasted one of our strengths, made it easier for the defense. We were throwing everything into contested territory, and that made it harder on Allen.

The good part was he came back and led the team to victory. The throw he made to Sprinkle for the game-winning score was beautiful. BA might have sailed that.
Think the poor blocking and lack of time affected the lack of downfield throws? Just curious

RazorWhacker

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on September 03, 2016, 09:59:37 pm
Well let's just hope he learns it earlier than his brother. I have really only focused on him in the spring game and  today, and both times i have only seen the BA stare down the receiver problem recurring. I am starting to question the efficacy of the manning passing Academy.

I mean really i had my 10 year old QB moving defense with his eyes last year

SMDH

So, please, post all of the game video where we can see AA's eyes as he stares down receivers.

There's a reason you're coaching 10 year olds and not 20 year olds. Sorry to bust your bubble.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: RazorWhacker on September 03, 2016, 11:47:53 pm
SMDH

So, please, post all of the game video where we can see AA's eyes as he stares down receivers.

There's a reason you're coaching 10 year olds and not 20 year olds. Sorry to bust your bubble.
Just because you can't watch the game and  know what to look for don't be busting my chops. The second pick anybody that knows what to look for can replay it maybe once and see the DB reads him like a good novel. I can tell on your lack of anything of substance comments i have forgotten more about the game than you know or will probably ever know because you seem uncoachable.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: AP85 on September 03, 2016, 10:03:18 pm
Agim. Whaley. Our secondary. Very disappointed in their play. Whaley and Agim were non existent.

You and your post should be taken out back and shot. You are an embarrassment to the human race. I am ashamed to breathe the same air you breathe. You're so stupid we may need to conduct a scientific study to determine if the gene pool is regressing.

Yes, I do know I am not allowed to attack other posters but to allow this moron to continue posting this asinine garbage is a disservice to the thousands of people who come here to have legitimate conversations about a team many of us really do love.

FreshHog

Quote from: theFlyingHog on September 04, 2016, 12:06:15 am
You and your post should be taken out back and shot. You are an embarrassment to the human race. I am ashamed to breathe the same air you breathe. You're so stupid we may need to conduct a scientific study to determine if the gene pool is regressing.

Yes, I do know I am not allowed to attack other posters but to allow this moron to continue posting this asinine garbage is a disservice to the thousands of people who come here to have legitimate conversations about a team many of us really do love.

a-f&cking-men

Do we have some problems? Sure. What team doesnt. These GROWN ASS men are the biggest group of sissies ive ever seen.

FreshHog

Quote from: theFlyingHog on September 04, 2016, 12:21:26 am
I have so much faith in humanity that I can not believe that some of these people are serious; they just come in here and try to screw with people. If they are serious.....SMH.

The ones attacking AA are full blown morons. I'm sorry, but its no wonder he threw 2 picks when he's getting hit every damn play when he throws the ball.

Oline needs some work, they'll get there... but 69%, 2 TD's, and one of those being a LONG TD drive ( in which he threw the ball while being hit hard to hatcher to extend the drive ).... He's gonna be fine once the oline gives him some time.

We lose this game last year, and the years before it under bielema and john L.

We're getting there.

And god only knows why Whaley was even mentioned in the title of this thread... OP is an idiot. Inc ban, worth it, if nothing else it means I wont have the displeasure of seeing this fan base embarrass themselves and this university any more on these boards.

Tonight is a DISGUSTING display of character by many posters, they should be absolutely f*cking ashamed of themselves. PATHETIC.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: RaisinHog on September 03, 2016, 08:19:36 pm
I thought he played descent for his first ever start .. I mean look Kenny hill has 2 int in the first 1/4

Funny.
I thought he "played ascent" as the game went along, especially the TD scoring drive.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

gchamblee

Quote from: AP85 on September 03, 2016, 10:03:18 pm

lol. your game thread posts were annoying, thank you for finally being funny.

gchamblee

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on September 04, 2016, 12:01:41 am
Just because you can't watch the game and  know what to look for don't be busting my chops. The second pick anybody that knows what to look for can replay it maybe once and see the DB reads him like a good novel. I can tell on your lack of anything of substance comments i have forgotten more about the game than you know or will probably ever know because you seem uncoachable.

i think i found your problem. you're more impressed with yourself than any of us are.

gchamblee

ap85 disappears when things are going well. he looks forward to us having a bad day so he can show up complaining. he has never posted anything that would give any indication that he understands the game of football, the razorbacks or really anything at all. i normally put people like him on ignore, but he is so ridiculous that i like to see his posts for the laughs. he is just another hogcard or bubba, enjoy his posts instead of letting them get to you :P

ChitownHawg

So you know what you are looking for - do ya? CBB said the receiver was off route.

Please forgive me if I trust CBB over your jayvee eyes.  ;D
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

MP24

January 01, 2019, 08:53:32 am »
I love me some Chelsea Dungee.

RazorWhacker

Quote from: FreshHog on September 04, 2016, 12:09:07 am
You wouldnt know a good QB if he through for 800 yards 8 touchdowns and 0 interceptions in a quarter.

I think you misinterpreted my post, but regardless I will offer a bit of advice: If you're going to make a post insinuating another poster is not as smart as you, you should proof read it and make extra sure you're not using the word "through" when you should be using the word "threw".

I hope that helps.

longpig

Quote from: Prestworthy on September 03, 2016, 07:45:02 pm
I'm not sure I can handle another rebuilding year at QB. AA has been in the system 3 years and should be making better decisions.

Where was Whaley?? I think I saw him carry the ball 3 times?

Srsly cuz?
Don't be scared, be smart.

PonderinHog

More "wow" and more "oh darn" moments to come...   ;)

clutch

I bet you can throw the pigskin a quarter mile

HogMantheIntruder

There are no words to describe how much I love this post.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

JoeyCapital

Quote from: Poppa Tart on September 04, 2016, 01:56:21 pm
There are no words to describe how much I love this post.
He really is a cunning linguist.
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

hawgfan4life

Amazing how many experts there are on this forum.  One poster knows exactly who the best OL players are and where they should play more than the coaches.  Another knows our freshmen are a bust.  Etc...

Critics abound on everything from play calling to fundamentals and technique.  TN is dark horse for BCS final four and escaped a program similar to La Tech.  LSU and OU were favorites of many for BCS and they looked pitiful.  Relax and enjoy the win.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: hawgfan4life on September 04, 2016, 05:44:38 pm
Amazing how many experts there are on this forum.  One poster knows exactly who the best OL players are and where they should play more than the coaches.  Another knows our freshmen are a bust.  Etc...

Critics abound on everything from play calling to fundamentals and technique.  TN is dark horse for BCS final four and escaped a program similar to La Tech.  LSU and OU were favorites of many for BCS and they looked pitiful.  Relax and enjoy the win.

This would be accurate except for one thing,

MMQB!

I doubt CBB himself could have called that play as good as you, LOL!

hawginbigd1

Quote from: clutch on September 04, 2016, 01:55:36 pm
I bet you can throw the pigskin a quarter mile
Nope I can throw it a good 25 to 30 yards if i loosen up real well:) I don't have to be able to do it well to know how to do it.

I thought AA played pretty darn good, but he does need to be aware that locking on your receiver will cause turnovers at this level. I  missed the first qtr on tv, so late last night I rewatched. And surprisingly i hear the sideline reporter make the comment that the LT coaches noticed on film that AA would lock on his receivers based on their film study. I guess they don't know what they are talking about either!

You can be happy with someone and not blow smoke up their but all the time and have honest critique of their shortcomings.
But hey if the rest of yall want to blissfully ignorant of what's going on, have at it. Put me on ignore or just don't pay attention.