Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

May 05, 2024, 10:06:46 am

McTelvin Agim

Started by Karma, November 20, 2015, 01:42:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

What? He's going to have to gain weight.  A SEC DE is 280+.  Alabama's ends are 312 and 315.

jb11

Quote from: Karma on November 20, 2015, 01:42:23 pm
What? He's going to have to gain weight.  A SEC DE is 280+.  Alabama's ends are 312 and 315.
Apples to Oranges. Alabama plays a 3-4 defense. There DEs are like DT in a 4-3.  Not disagreeing with you about Agim. He will need to gain weight, just pointing out the difference in Alabama's DEs and ours.  I would think if he stays at his weight and transforms his body, he will be just fine his 1st year.  Then he can gradually gain a few pounds a year and by his junior year, he will be around the 280-290 range.

secneahog

Bama always plays a 4-3 vs us.  Tired of hearing people throw the 3-4 out there. Yes they will run that, but not be us.

Agim is 268 running back kickoffs for tds.  Just stop....
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

SPAL

My gosh, are we going back to the 60's when lineman were 200 pounds?

bphi11ips

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Break & Run

Agim is the only thing Hope has on defense that doesn't stink.  I know P.A. is fantastic but geez.  78 points...
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: southeasthog on November 21, 2015, 06:22:34 am
Deatrich Wise 272
JaMichael Winston 262
Jeremiah Ledbetter 280
Tevin Beanum 280

This is our 2-deep at DE for Mississippi State. Agim is currently under all these guys. I don't profess to know more than the rricha but at 245 he would be one-dimensional and only used as a speed rusher.

He is enrolling in the spring. He will have plenty of weight by next season

southeasthog

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on November 21, 2015, 06:36:42 am
He is enrolling in the spring. He will have plenty of weight by next season
I agree but the OP was about him trimming down and not adding weight.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: southeasthog on November 21, 2015, 06:39:56 am
I agree but the OP was about him trimming down and not adding weight.

Ok understood now

xxtomassxx1980

Quote from: Oklahawg on November 20, 2015, 09:00:47 pm
I trust rricha's assessment of DL talent.

End of discussion.
I trusted a fart once...

The real Hogules

Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

LSPRazorbac

Quote from: rricha on November 20, 2015, 01:37:53 pm
I might go see the best player in the state tonight play probably the best team in the state Pulaski Academy.  I saw a picture of him in the paper the other day he is listed as 268.  I think to be effective as a freshman he needs to get down to around 245-250.  If he gets any bigger he will side down inside and he will not like that.  He is the best player  in the state and we do need to keep him committed.

Let me get this straight....just from a picture you have determined the appropriate weight he needs to play at......ok then.  (rolls eyes)

jcharkansas

Quote from: xxtomassxx1980 on November 21, 2015, 06:58:53 am
I trusted a fart once...
Never do that, it will get you in trouble

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Karma on November 20, 2015, 01:42:23 pm
Just be thankful the young man has a sense of loyalty to his home state and didn't turn his back on all the fans who adore him like some guy from Lepanto. The kid from Lepanto, drew every drop of praise, every adoring look from the high school girls when he moved to Bentonville and then pulled this act......"Et tu', Malik ?" says Mike. Right in the back. HAIL to McTELVIN, "Long live the King", "the hoops king is dead"....we are proud of you McTelvin...hang in there my man, GREATNESS awaits you.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

LSPRazorbac

Quote from: jkstock04 on November 21, 2015, 08:21:28 am
Is that what he was coming out of high school? I'm doubting it for some reason.

I agree with rricha here, a good weight for incoming freshmen D-ends is in the 240-250 range.

Because most incoming DE's are not physically ready.  Agim is coming in physically ready.  The idea he needs to cut weight because he isn't at the normal weight of an incoming freshman is silly.

Agim is the type of player Bama, LSU, Florida, etc... have been built on.  Guys who step on campus at day one and are physically ready.

Having watched him last night, he's incredibly out of shape. He was dominant for 4 minutes and then couldn't move. He would lay on the ground and wait to be helped up. The only time he ran would be when PA was about to snap the ball and he's still 10 yards behind the line of scrimmage from the play before.

I wouldn't want to be his lungs when the Razorback conditioning program starts.

supersaint

Quote from: theenemy on November 21, 2015, 07:57:57 am
Let me get this straight....just from a picture you have determined the appropriate weight he needs to play at......ok then.  (rolls eyes)

This. Ridicous. 
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

I don't care if the OP is Bret Beilema, if he is saying Agim will need to get smaller in college he's wrong. He will get bigger and hopefully in better shape.

gmarv

Quote from: steefhog on November 21, 2015, 09:20:03 am
It's almost a dead dog certainty that the OP knows more about this than you. Or me. Or everyone else in this thread...put together.

Sometimes, it's best to just listen.  ;)
theres lots of smart guys on hogvill so I,m not gonna questions the ops knowledge.but if we all just listen then this thread is done wouldn,t you say.

LSPRazorbac

It's almost a dead dog certainty that the OP knows more about this than you. Or me. Or everyone else in this thread...put together.

1)  Just because the OP is a former player doesn't make him a great scout or talent evaluator

2)  The OP said he is basing that by looking at a picture.......repeat by looking at a picture.

Sometimes, its better not to just be a sheep and think for yourself.

LSPRazorbac

1)  Just because the OP is a former player doesn't make him a great scout or talent evaluator

2)  The OP said he is basing that by looking at a picture.......repeat by looking at a picture.

Sometimes, its better not to just be a sheep and think for yourself.