Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 19, 2024, 06:58:36 pm

CBB on Korliss.....

Started by Augustus, November 23, 2014, 11:53:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Augustus

First, there is a merged thread regarding Korliss...

Second, I hope you're just trolling.  Korliss has been given multiple opportunities on this, and keeps making the wrong decision. 

Pot, heroin, alcohol, or whatever, it doesn't matter. Rules are rules. If you want to maintain a position? Live by those rules.

I can state in full confidence that I have smoked more pot than you in my lifetime, and I had no plans of stopping. But, when I wanted to get a job/career that continuing to smoke pot would jeopardize me keeping that job? Guess what I did... I quit smoking. And haven't looked back.

I like that Bret takes this approach.  Discipline is a major part of rebuilding a program (hence the term "rebuild")... just look at what Charlie Strong has had to do at Texass.  Coach B holds players accountable and I would imagine on some level the players actually respond to that.  With Bielema and with the fellow teammates.

Yes, they are just college kids, but they are not your standard college kids. They are not just there to get a degree and have some fun. Some of these kids will be hosting our local radio shows, tv sports coverage, owning/running businesses, local touchdown clubs, etc, etc, etc... How they are raised/held accountable  now may very well affect the entire State of Arkansas in the years to come.

phadedhawg

I think being a college athlete in a major sport carries more obligations than an average freshman who arrives on campus.

They are held to a higher standard for a reason. A lot resources are invested in them and too much liability to have kids who make questionable decisions