Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

As die-hard as you hog fans are, what's with the crowd?

Started by Soonerman12, November 03, 2012, 11:20:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Soonerman12

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on November 03, 2012, 12:45:24 pm
You do realize those two teams are in the sec now right?

They play "Big 12 type ball" according to you guys. They were middle of the pack Big 12 teams. Glad you guys have them, I guess. lol

Dr. Starcs

Yeah, cuz west Virginia and tcu are lighting it up.  Lol

Soonerman12

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on November 03, 2012, 12:54:59 pm
Yeah, cuz west Virginia and tcu are lighting it up.  Lol
Quote from: k.c.hawg on November 03, 2012, 12:50:06 pm
West Virginia has been ranked all year. Their defense sucks but they are a top 25 team. TCU has been in and out of the top 25 all season and their QB got suspended. One of the best QB's in the country at that.

No I wouldn't take it because I'm an Arkansas fan. I would rather go through my ups and downs with Arkansas than take any other teams accomplishments or lack there of. I think Stoops is over rated as a coach and I think OU definitely gets some of the old Notre Dame type love. All the voters in the Southwest always pimping their best hope because they know Texas is in the gutter.

congrats, but to say OU gets love because UT has been in the gutter is pretty ridiculous. OU gets love because they win every year. They've been doing it since WW2. Most wins and NC in the modern football era when the forward pass became an intricate part of the game. 

k.c.hawg

November 03, 2012, 01:02:45 pm #53 Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 01:05:10 pm by k.c.hawg
Quote from: Soonerman12 on November 03, 2012, 12:57:16 pm
congrats, but to say OU gets love because UT has been in the gutter is pretty ridiculous. OU gets love because they win every year. They've been doing it since WW2. Most wins and NC in the modern football era when the forward pass became an intricate part of the game. 

So why in the hell aren't you on an OU board loving it up with Sooner fans. I think OU football is over rated the last 12 years, your coach is over rated and your fans suck. And that is after paying for a considerable amount of my granddaughters OU degrees.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

Dr. Starcs

cessna8667

Just wait until they expand the stadium, move all games to RRS and start competing with Tulsa, SMU, and SWMSU for recruits!

Hogfaniam

"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

la20688

Am I watching a different game? The stadium looks pretty full to me.

SoonerInSpringdale

Quote from: dizzy_lavender on November 03, 2012, 11:35:04 am
Sooner games are a good way to kill time while meth cooks in your trailer.

Lets compare meth stats between the two states.

Ready, go

HiggiePiggy

It's pretty simple for me. I don't feel like spending money on a program that doesn't want to win.  Start winning again and I will be glad to spend my money watching them.  I pay to be entertained. When we are losing to crap teams then that isn't entertainment to me. 

You can call me a bandwagon fan if you want. Doesn't bother me at all to sit on the couch and enjoy my space and watch us lose to a conference USA team.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

BaconHits

I've been all over the US.  People can keep stereotyping Arkansas-- keeps our cost of living down. :razorback:

McKdaddy

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on November 03, 2012, 01:31:44 pm
It's pretty simple for me. I don't feel like spending money on a program that doesn't want to win.  Start winning again and I will be glad to spend my money watching them.  I pay to be entertained. When we are losing to crap teams then that isn't entertainment to me. 

You can call me a bandwagon fan if you want. Doesn't bother me at all to sit on the couch and enjoy my space and watch us lose to a conference USA team.

Bothers me to sit anywhere and watch us lose to a C-USA team (sigh).
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

As a hog fan I have never said we have a die hard fan base.  Why would anyone want to see the hogs winless or undefeated when you could sit in a tree and shoot a deer.  This comes up every year no matter how good they are.

I don't hunt and think it is silly, but that's just me.  Didn't grow up that way. Nothing wrong with it but why spend the time killing something when beef tastes Bette and is at the Tom Thumb?

Let's make some waves.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: McKdaddy on November 03, 2012, 01:36:56 pm
Bothers me to sit anywhere and watch us lose to a C-USA team (sigh).

What I mean is I would rather be comfortable in my own home than go to watch us lose. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

McKdaddy

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on November 03, 2012, 01:51:10 pm
What I mean is I would rather be comfortable in my own home than go to watch us lose. 

I understood you...I was just being dumb.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

mbgrulz

It's possible that having 1 city that equals 50% of our states total population less than 45 minutes away could help OU get consistently more people in the stadium. Also our tickets are cheaper, but the average income in AR is about 1/2 that of people OKC...so our tickets actually ask more of our fans, not to mention travel costs to get here.

There are just no close population centers. Which is why recruiting is tough, and we struggle to fill our stadium.

All that said, NWA is a top 5 place to live. Get on campus, and it's hard to leave.

rickm1976

Quote from: Soonerman12 on November 03, 2012, 12:42:01 pm
OU has won 8 Big 12 titles in the stoops era. OU has played in 9 bcs bowls. 4 NC games. Had 2 heisman winners and 3 runner ups in his era. 3 defensive players of the year too. You can claim being overrated, but it's asinine. You would trade for OU's record, tradition and accomplishments over Arkansas and you know it. Bash OU all you want. You know you would take it in heartbeat, what Stoops and OU has going for them.

Before you bash the Big 12, A&M is clown stomping Miss State and Mizzou is beating Florida right now at half time. Troy is playing Tennessee to the wire right now too.

Not sure how this got to an OU/Arkansas debate over the post, but I'm not surprised by some of you. I'm cheering for the hogs right now.

Don't take it too personally Soonerman.  A lot of us are really frustrated this year.  I grew up a Hog fan first, and a Sooner fan second because my mom and her side of the family are all Okies.  I grew up watching OU and Nebraska with my family on Thanksgiving day.  I idolized Jack Mildren and Steve Owens at the same time I idolized Bill Montgomery and Bill Burnett, and still root for the Sooners every time unless they're playing the Hogs. 

What you're seeing as far as the number of fans at the game is just pure apathy.  I agree with my Hogville brethren about Stoops.  I can't stand him, and still curse the day OU forced Barry out.  Thanks for visiting, and good luck the rest of the season.  BTW, thanks for the beatdown on the Whorns, that was priceless.

dizzy_lavender

Quote from: SoonerInSpringdale on November 03, 2012, 01:24:42 pm

Ready, go

Oklahoma +1 for dana plato's death. If you hit rock bottom where would go to die?

Youre just as pathetic. What inspires someone to troll on other teams sites while using their mascot in their screen name...i will never understand.

dizzy_lavender

Quote from: rickm1976 on November 03, 2012, 02:07:17 pm
Don't take it too personally Soonerman.  A lot of us are really frustrated this year.  I grew up a Hog fan first, and a Sooner fan second because my mom and her side of the family are all Okies.  I grew up watching OU and Nebraska with my family on Thanksgiving day.  I idolized Jack Mildren and Steve Owens at the same time I idolized Bill Montgomery and Bill Burnett, and still root for the Sooners every time unless they're playing the Hogs. 

What you're seeing as far as the number of fans at the game is just pure apathy.  I agree with my Hogville brethren about Stoops.  I can't stand him, and still curse the day OU forced Barry out.  Thanks for visiting, and good luck the rest of the season.  BTW, thanks for the beatdown on the Whorns, that was priceless.

Another one...

Soonerman12

Quote from: k.c.hawg on November 03, 2012, 01:02:45 pm
So why in the hell aren't you on an OU board loving it up with Sooner fans. I think OU football is over rated the last 12 years, your coach is over rated and your fans suck. And that is after paying for a considerable amount of my granddaughters OU degrees.

Oh, I'm loving it up on OU board. Proud of my alma mater. You're right. We've win a NC in the last 12 years and have out cramps loads of players to the nfl. That Adrian Peterson sure is overrated too. I remember living in Arkansas and no matter where I went, someone had to tell me Dmac was better than AD. I laughed then and I'm laughing now thinking about.

Glad your granddaughters decided to go to a Princeton Review and US Weekly top. 100 university. You do seem upset your granddaughters like OU. Everyone of your posts scream bitterness. Chill out.

I came here because I thought something was causing the hog fans to not show up. Low and behold it was because they were still filing into the stadium. I got my answer. Then comes the bitter attacks. It's all in good fun. Now go take your blood pressure meds, KC. 

k.c.hawg

Quote from: Soonerman12 on November 03, 2012, 04:21:26 pm
Oh, I'm loving it up on OU board. Proud of my alma mater. You're right. We've win a NC in the last 12 years and have out cramps loads of players to the nfl. That Adrian Peterson sure is overrated too. I remember living in Arkansas and no matter where I went, someone had to tell me Dmac was better than AD. I laughed then and I'm laughing now thinking about.

Glad your granddaughters decided to go to a Princeton Review and US Weekly top. 100 university. You do seem upset your granddaughters like OU. Everyone of your posts scream bitterness. Chill out.

I came here because I thought something was causing the hog fans to not show up. Low and behold it was because they were still filing into the stadium. I got my answer. Then comes the bitter attacks. It's all in good fun. Now go take your blood pressure meds, KC. 

I love it that my granddaughter went to OU. I've got pictures all over my house of her being presented her bachelors and walking for her masters. I would never let my allegiance to my University detract from my granddaughters experiences and accomplishments. But you, spend more time on an Arkansas board than most Arkansas fans and I don't have to go back and look at all your posts to know that 90% of the time you are stirring up s*** and blowin OU out your arse. Don't ever think my blood pressure gets up over sports "it is all fun to me" and when an OU s*** stirrer comes over to an Arkansas board when we are down, I'll give you s***. Don't cry, it is all in fun.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

The Divine Swine

Quote from: Soonerman12 on November 03, 2012, 11:30:07 am
OU went 3-8, 4-8 and 5-6 under John Blake. They still averaged 70k a game when OU's stadium only held 72k at the time before they expanded it to 85k. I was at every game as a teenager since we have had season tickets since 1976. You support those kids.

Boomer Sooner and Go hogs!

Dude, in the 90's there was a big attendance issue for OU. In fact, every radio station in oklahoma was peddling free tickets every chance they got. Tickets were given away in the 90's. Now sthu
Romans 10:9-10

"That if you confess with your mouth, Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

Donny2665

Quote from: SoonerInSpringdale on November 03, 2012, 01:24:42 pm

Ready, go

No comparison jack wagon! Ever been to Enid? Meth capital of chokelahoma! Why don't you Overrated Oklahoma a$$clowns go troll somewhere else?? Go cheer on your Weak 12 conference.
This life's hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.~George V.Higgins

Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune!~Nicolas Ling

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

BrianWPS!!

Quote from: Soonerman12 on November 03, 2012, 04:21:26 pm

Gotta say, I like this guy. I hate the sooners but can respect a guy representing his team while not dissing another. Much unlike the muldrow, poteau,atoka people in fort smith because they can't find a job anywhere else. Seriously think ou can one up Jesus himself. Anyway, kudos soonerman and btw, Saturday night is never the best time to into it with hog fans. Sunday morning is better when everyone can think clearly

Inhogswetrust

OU went 3-8, 4-8 and 5-6 under John Blake. They still averaged 70k a game when OU's stadium only held 72k at the time before they expanded it to 85k. I was at every game as a teenager since we have had season tickets since 1976. You support those kids.

Average announced attendance and ACTUAL attendance is not the same thing. There have been a LOT of times sooner toilet stadium hasn't been full.

P.S. I've worked in oklahomo and been there...............
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

longtimeHogfan

The fans that didn't use their tickets yesterday missed a good game and a beautiful football day.  We were expecting it to be cold but were in our hog T-shirts between the whistles.  Actually got a little sun-burn.  Good game - great day.  Sorry you weren't there. 
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

Inhogswetrust

November 04, 2012, 08:01:21 am #77 Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 08:03:10 am by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: HogFanDallas on November 03, 2012, 12:49:22 pm
Yeah, go kill something. :-\ ;D

Does that include youth deer..................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: Soonerman12 on November 03, 2012, 11:20:48 am
I'm a nervous wreck flipping it back and forth from the OU game and Arkansas game.

You get nervous over a game you aren't even playing in? God help you if you ever have to face something really important like a life and death situation to save yourself or your family. 

56Hog

OKC SMSA = 1.2 million

Fay-SPR-Rog SMSA = 463k

So, explain to us why just is it OU cant draw 210,000 fans/game.
"This is the lesson: never give in, never give in, never, never, never-in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." - Winston Churchill

DukeOfPork

Quote from: tophawg19 on November 03, 2012, 11:34:53 am
youth deer season today . lots of dads took the kids hunting . great day to spend quality time in the woods , teaching kids our values

And teaching them to be die hard Razorback fans is apparently not a part of their "values."

Root_hawg

DukeOfPork

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on November 03, 2012, 01:44:21 pm
As a hog fan I have never said we have a die hard fan base.  Why would anyone want to see the hogs winless or undefeated when you could sit in a tree and shoot a deer.  This comes up every year no matter how good they are.

I don't hunt and think it is silly, but that's just me.  Didn't grow up that way. Nothing wrong with it but why spend the time killing something when beef tastes Bette and is at the Tom Thumb?

Cosign.

Root_hawg

sportswriter41

Quote from: Soonerman12 on November 03, 2012, 11:20:48 am
Its pretty empty. You guys are such good and die-hard fans. Not getting why it's that empty against a pretty good Tulsa team?

Good luck today. I'm a nervous wreck flipping it back and forth from the OU game and Arkansas game.

Why don't you do us a favor and hire our A.D. Then go away.

RedRock

jkstock04

This was the first game I have missed in a LONG time.  The only thing I feel guilty about is that I didn't give my tickets away to someone who would have enjoyed going.

Tough for me to get up for Tulsa at 1130 am...pretty much zero chance of a bowl game.  Our coaching staff is enormously inept.  It is just a terrible situation.  What is there to cheer or look forward to?  At this point I'm mainly only interested in who we are going to hire for our next head coach.

As for Soonerman's comment "you support those kids"...well, I'm gonna guess 95% of these kids were 100% supportive and happy of the firing of arguably the best football coach we have ever had....and since the wheels have come off I question the effort we have seen...at times.  No doubt they haven't all folded tent....but I have personally witnessed guys giving little to no effort out there....smiling and laughing on the sidelines when we are losing.  I'm not gonna name names due to Hogville's rules...but this is the type of stuff that is happening. 

A lot of this comes down to discipline or lack there of with the departure of Bobby Petrino. 
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys