Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Suite leases account for 6% of our total athletic dept budget

Started by ricepig, October 04, 2015, 12:46:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Article in today's ADG showed that suite sales to our 3 major sports account for $6.5m out of our $97.5m budget. The suites account for around 2000 out of the 72,000 seats in RRS. If you throw in 630 SRO tickets at $300 for those suites with the suite rental, you get 16% of the football ticket-sales revenue. So, despite some who say, why bowl in the north end zone, the fact that they will pay for it, and then become a stream of income is why it will be done. Long says the demand shows they could fill 60 suites, but he doesn't have immediate plans to add that many. The article also lists who leases the individual suites for football and basketball, the UofA refused to release the Baum stadium list, citing competitive-advantage exemptions.

http://m.arkansasonline.com/news/2015/oct/04/ua-joins-wave-on-sports-suites-20151004/?latest

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: ricepig on October 04, 2015, 12:46:04 pm
Article in today's ADG showed that suite sales to our 3 major sports account for $6.5m out of our $97.5m budget. The suites account for around 2000 out of the 72,000 seats in RRS. If you throw in 630 SRO tickets at $300 for those suites with the suite rental, you get 16% of the football ticket-sales revenue. So, despite some who say, why bowl in the north end zone, the fact that they will pay for it, and then become a stream of income is why it will be done. Long says the demand shows they could fill 60 suites, but he doesn't have immediate plans to add that many. The article also lists who leases the individual suites for football and basketball, the UofA refused to release the Baum stadium list, citing competitive-advantage exemptions.

News Flash: Jeff Long is a VERY smart guy who knows how to do his job and do it well.

I'd love to see Hog fans just relax about our athletics programs.  With JL in charge, we are headed in a great direction.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

60 Minutes of Hell

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on October 04, 2015, 01:00:10 pm
News Flash: Jeff Long is a VERY smart guy who knows how to do his job and do it well.

I'd love to see Hog fans just relax about our athletics programs.  With JL in charge, we are headed in a great direction.

I'm with you on both.  It pains me that we seem to be taking the wait-and-see approach in BWA (regarding upper deck, either lowering ticket prices or replacing with suites), but that's one of many reasons why I'm not the AD.
What a fool I used to be.