Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clock Cheating by Tenner

Started by Jek Tono Porkins, October 03, 2015, 09:49:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jek Tono Porkins

Look at this junk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ks6uMclvcQ

This is our last drive to end the 1st half. On every single play, the clocked ticked off an extra second, or two, or three. Doesn't matter, we won, but that's some shady stuff right there.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

mizzouman

Really?  The Hogs win and this?

Jek Tono Porkins

Quote from: mizzouman on October 03, 2015, 09:54:17 pm
Really?  The Hogs win and this?
Does the fact that we won make cheating right?
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

Hogimus Prime

They did the same thing to the Vols to in the 2nd half.

Jim Harris

Well that made up for it on the make up call for the previously missed roughing the passer call! ;)
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

a0ashle

The ESPN clock ticked extra seconds... probably to get caught up to the game clock in the stadium.

mizzouman

Quote from: Jek Tono Porkins on October 03, 2015, 09:56:48 pm
Does the fact that we won make cheating right?
Enjoy the win. You deserve this one.

TomasPistola

Quote from: a0ashle on October 03, 2015, 10:00:04 pm
The ESPN clock ticked extra seconds... probably to get caught up to the game clock in the stadium.

This.
Happens quite a bit.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: Jek Tono Porkins on October 03, 2015, 09:49:40 pm
Look at this junk:

This is our last drive to end the 1st half. On every single play, the clocked ticked off an extra second, or two, or three. Doesn't matter, we won, but that's some shady stuff right there.

Happens here too even when we are behind, drives me crazy.

RAZORHOGG15

I was screaming at the t.v.  We really should have had an extra 8-10 seconds on the clock.  We won the game so I no longer care, but we could have put a couple of passes in the end zone had that not happened
ONE TEAM ONE HEART ONE GOAL

Never make the mistake of confusing kindness for weakness

sickboy

Look at this junk:

Good catch.

DeltaBoy

Home cooking did not work this year.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Nashville Fan

Field clock matters not the tv clock
Pittman or Bust!

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Nashville Fan on October 04, 2015, 08:25:45 am

Come on man let them have their moment of moan.  ;)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

atekido

Look at this junk:

I seen that as well.  they would knock off a second WELL after a player would go out of bounds and such.

razorhog52

I was in the stadium and it was actually this bad. W plays in a row, they ran off 2 additional seconds. Would of allowed us one shot at the EZ rather than kicking the field goal.

TrueBlue

Too bad we didn't have any time-outs to utilize during that drive.  ;)

Hogeration

The worst was around the 13-11 second mark. The clock actually stopped at 12 seconds and BA was running back to the huddle.  And then one more second ticked off.  It's funny now but I was screaming at the time.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Nashville Fan on October 04, 2015, 08:25:45 am

I thought the TV clock syncs with the actual game clock.

In every game I've seen any screw up with the game clock is mirrored exactly with the TV clock.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Bowfishinghogfan

this happens in every game. Watch and see. It goes both ways for both teams. By the time the ref signals for the play to end, it takes a second or two for the clock guy to stop the clock. Even in a win some of the refs or cheating us people still come out. I can assure you there is no conspiracy to keep the hogs down. We do a good enough job of that. Want to complain about the clock, our coach needs to learn to use it better

The Hawg Marshal

The clock doesn't get stopped until the official signals for it to be stopped.So just because a player or the ball goes out of bounds that alone does not stop the clock. It will keep running until they get the signal.

East Clintwood

CBB likes that.

It helps his Time of Possession numbers.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

spiritof92

Quote from: a0ashle on October 03, 2015, 10:00:04 pm

Yeah, I noticed after the snap the TV clock doesn't start immediately.