Quote from: Hogfan991 on October 03, 2015, 09:45:30 pm
I see us getting the last 4 wins we need from:
-Auburn
-UT-Martin
-Mississippi State
-Missouri on Senior Day
It's possible.

LZH

We just barely beat a mediocre team from the SECE...........may we please enjoy this for just a second?

jry04

Quote from: LZH on October 03, 2015, 09:46:51 pm
We just barely beat a mediocre team from the SECE...........may we please enjoy this for just a second?
Every team he just listed are mediocre, too.

LSU isn't as good as people think, either. Auburn is just that bad. Brandon Harris was 4/15 with 80 yards and an INT today. Make him throw and LSU is beatable. Theyve struggled every week outside of the Auburn game.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: jry04 on October 03, 2015, 09:49:02 pm

LSU isn't as good as people think, either. Auburn is just that bad. Brandon Harris was 4/15 with 80 yards and an INT today. Make him throw and LSU is beatable. Theyve struggled every week outside of the Auburn game.

Yep, LSU was leading by 6 at the half with E. Michigan.  Any given Saturday can yield any result.  The Hogs just have to seize the day and the moment.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

LZH

Quote from: jry04 on October 03, 2015, 09:49:02 pm

My point was - we won.....something we haven't done in a month.

Never mind, you'd never understand anyway.

scootriteby

I enjoy optimism, but I am with LZH on this one. Let's enjoy this win without putting too many expectations on the team. One win at a time!

lumphog

Agree........and we steal one from one of the BIG DOGS......Book it Dano
This "D" gets better every snap

mizzouman

Quote from: Hogfan991 on October 03, 2015, 09:45:30 pm
I see us getting the last 4 wins we need from:
-Auburn
-UT-Martin
-Mississippi State
-Missouri on Senior Day
That's been my prediction.

Hawghiggs

Toledo could be he dog that keeps on biting us. But yes, We can play with those program's head to head and could very well end up back in the Texas bowl. Which would be fine with me.

jry04

Quote from: LZH on October 03, 2015, 09:50:48 pm
My point was - we won.....something we haven't done in a month.

Never mind, you'd never understand anyway.
This is a message board. What do you expect? We won a game. That is when fans start wondering what could happen. What are you supposed to do on a message board? I always get a kick out of the fans who come on message board saying not to look ahead, like it has any impact on the season.

jry04

Quote from: Hawghiggs on October 03, 2015, 10:02:40 pm
Toledo could be he dog that keeps on biting us. But yes, We can play with those program's head to head and could very well end up back in the Texas bowl. Which would be fine with me.
Yeah, that and A&M are really hard to swallow, but both appear to be good teams. A&M just handled MSU. MSU never lead in the game. Toledo is still undefeated, with back to back blowout wins.

jry04

Quote from: The Chief on October 03, 2015, 09:50:06 pm
Yep, LSU was leading by 6 at the half with E. Michigan.  Any given Saturday can yield any result.  The Hogs just have to seize the day and the moment.
And they were only up 30-22 in the 4th.

Dominicanhog

I think if you win this week then every team left on your schedule is beatable...

Cinco de Hogo

We absolutely had to have this game.

Winning is important!

Oklahawg

All reasonable goals are still in front of us:
1. move up the SECW pecking order
2. bowl game
3. build a lot of depth in the system
4. have favorable things to recruit to

Gotta steal another road win for a bigger bowl but isn't that possible? On a night when we have a lot of firsts for CBB I am going to suggest, yes.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: Dominicanhog on October 03, 2015, 10:09:08 pm
I think if you win this week then every team left on your schedule is beatable...
Tennessee should have beaten Florida @ Florida, Florida smoked Ole Miss, Ole Miss beat Bama @ Bama...

Yes...I went there.  Anything can happen any given Saturday.  I'm really glad Bama got some anger out against UGA today.

mweston

Quote from: The Chief on October 03, 2015, 09:50:06 pm

Not to mention it's the Battle of the Boot so all bets are off regardless of records.

Smokehouse

I said before the TN game that I expected a win at TN + wins in those games to reach a bowl.

Maybe we lose one of those but score an unexpected win along the way. Ole Miss nearly lost to Vandy, after all. Who knows in the SEC any more.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.