Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

shouldn't we have practiced passing tonight?

Started by Arazorbackguy1, September 02, 2007, 12:38:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Arazorbackguy1

Instead of trying to throw it against Bama?   We are going to get eaten up by an SEC defense
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

bythelake

Apparently you were not at the game tonight.  Passing game was much improved and in the wings if needed.

Chad In Real Life

Casey is going to get picked off 20 times this year if he keeps staring down his reciever.  He goes to his first read. If he's not open he throws it anyway. Ive never seen anyone telegraph a pass as much as Casey. If it wasnt for Peyton Hillis. Casey would have 0 pass yards.

Emert looked better on his 2 pass plays than out of all of caseys attempts
Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless.

Chad In Real Life

Quote from: bythelake on September 02, 2007, 12:40:29 am
Apparently you were not at the game tonight.  Passing game was much improved and in the wings if needed.

wow i hope this is sarcasm. There was zero improvement that I saw sir.  Casey couldnt hit the side of a barn. Lord knows he would look at it long enough before he would throw
Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless.

Arazorbackguy1

Actually, I was...  section 113 row 2  seats 31 and 32.   Had a great view!   4 catches by wideouts... were you there?
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

PulledPork

and apparently you were at the wrong game

Pulled out...

Wash Hogwallop

Come on man, Casey has game experience!  We depend on his to make an 8-10 yard pass a game, you know, to keep the defense honest.  No need to show our hand to Alabama . . . and North Texas is in the wings too!  Play it close to the vest my friend. 

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

damn right we will casey=sucks  hdn=sucks   david lee = sucks.....
Let's make some waves.

cottonhog

I was there too, but I'm not sure why Crawford was.  He was open all night and not even a whiff in his direction.

jackflash

Boarsbreath

Quote from: cottonhog on September 02, 2007, 12:49:32 am
I was there too, but I'm not sure why Crawford was.  He was open all night and not even a whiff in his direction.

You saw Crawford open? wow.. would you ever be picked of as a QB! You just don't force em in there like that Brothha!

3kgthog

I never thought I would be wishing for a "passing" QB like Matt Jones. I am now!

gcraise1

The way our passing game looked tonight, shouldn't they have practiced our passing game during the off season? We will have a tough season especially in conference play. Teams will learn that we dont have a capable throwing qb. they will overload the box and stop our run. And If that happens we are dead in water.

Lando Calrissian

Alabama will never see that barrage of underneath passes to Peyton Hillis coming.

We've got them right where we want them!

Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

hogfandeet

To Coach Nutt:  Although you've had years to do so, you MUST make an effort to get the passing game to the point where your QB, at a minnimum, can throw to receivers in single man to man coverage.  You have two weeks!!!!  Now's the time, no more putting it off.  The running game is solid.  It will benefit much more from even a slight improvement of the passing game.
Guy1, I just don't know if McFadden and Jones are enough to beat Bama.

oldtimerhog

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on September 02, 2007, 12:38:38 am
Instead of trying to throw it against Bama?   We are going to get eaten up by an SEC defense

Yes and Yes.
Welcome Petrino Brothers - We have waited a long time for you!

Dr Swineglove

Obviously, the great Houston Nutt and the 0-coaches didn't want to telegraph anything from David Lee's vaunted bag of offensive tricks to Alabama.  All that faux incompetence, the underthrown passes, that lame duck that was tossed into quadruple coverage and the only real pass attempt of the night being thrown by a running back?  It's all misinformation, intended to confuse Bama into thinking the Hogs don't have a sterling passing game, and the whole offense consists of nothing but two great running backs.  We'll fool Bama in two weeks, wait and see.  Afterall Nutt's been fooling the huggers for years with his passing game.
Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient

Hog in MO

It appears we attempted to - but its hard when receivers only know two routes, don't know how to get open - or catch the ball - and the qb can't hit water from a boat. 

sowsmilk

I remember only one "bonehead" decision from Casey Dick last night: Throwing into the group of 5 trojans.
He wasn't accurate on a couple of passes and the rest were catchable but dropped. The "bonehead" decision didn't hurt us, so I give Casey a B+